The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archive] Of Ash And Fire - Original Thread

SirNerdsAlot5

!WARNING! Short and contains used to contain mature language.

Mare scowled at Artorias, as if looking at him like that would make it dawn on him. She was resentful. When she woke up from cryosleep, she was at first grateful that she had been saved. Then Mare saw the face of her rescuer. Not him. The man she hated most of all.

Now Cyrille had to show up?

Great. That chatterbox almost never shut her mouth. She realized pretty early on that Cyrille could do things to people by braiding their hair. So Mare cut it. Oh, how Cyrille was mad at that!

It brought her joy to deny her that. Then she started walking towards her. Probably to ogle her hair. Great, just great. Time to turn up the dial on the rudeness meter to eleven.

She mostly ignored the conversation, and when she replied, was very brusque. Then she noticed Cyrille was not just looking at her hair. Oh no. Did she realize it? Did she recognize her?

She kept on looking back at that stupid paper Artorias kept on folding. Dammit! Then Mare saw the light bulb in her head suddenly click on.

Oh crap.

...Cyrille knew the contacts were fake and that she was hiding her identity. If she didn't figure out who she was ten seconds ago, she was very close to figuring it out now. Damn that almost imperceptible bastard Loki! If Artorias was just focusing on the paper at that moment, he would have caught that bastard in the act! Mare was hoping he'd remember before this erupted into something nasty.

Remember? For what purpose? So that she could receive his love? Mare hoped not. After all...

She was his daughter, after all.

Edited by FellArtorias

Jeez, how many daughters does Artorias have? Especially ones that he doesn't know about?

.......Artorias must be pimpin

Nah, see what happened was is that Morrighan and Artorias loved each other very much. I can't tell you how many kids they had, for progression and spoiler reasons. But I can assure you that Artorias was faithful to Morrighan during their marriage. What happened before is another story. Yes, I'm quite evil, giving you these juicy bits, but no real sustenance.

By the by, Artorias sort of sealed off his memories of the past, hence why he "doesn't know", until he remembers.

Edited by FellArtorias

Wait wait wait hold up HOL' UHP!

Why is Mare hiding her identity from Artorias, who she WANTS to recognize her? Why is Mare being such a $&*^ to Cyrille? Why does Mare hate Artorias? What could Cyrille possibly do to people by braiding their hair? What did Loki do? Mare hoped Artorias remembered before what erupted into something nasty?

5117435.gif

Why is Mare hiding her identity from Artorias, who she WANTS to recognize her? Why is Mare being such a $&*^ to Cyrille? Why does Mare hate Artorias? What could Cyrille possibly do to people by braiding their hair? What did Loki do? Mare hoped Artorias remembered before what erupted into something nasty?

5117435.gif

I feel the same.

5117435.gif

HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP!?

5117435.gif

Artorias lost his memory, which mostly consists of him murdering people. He also forgot the best moments of his life with Morrighan and the family they made. For a reason I have not yet made. Mare's (Only reprieve of evil that I'm giving you guys. It's not her real name.) having issues. Cyrille apparently can befriend people with long hair by braiding it and then making it collapse. Loki was a sneaky sneak. Before he remembered a certain thing that I won't tell you about in this post. :3

And good. It keeps you on your toes. :D

HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP!?

Approximately 387 licks. :P Or for me, it takes none, as I bite through it in one go. Its my favorite pastime.

Edited by FellArtorias

Artorias lost his memory, which mostly consists of him murdering people. He also forgot the best moments of his life with Morrighan and the family they made. For a reason I have not yet made. Cyrille apparently can befriend people with long hair by braiding it and then making it collapse. Loki was a sneaky sneak. Before he remembered a certain thing that I won't tell you about in this post. :3

And good. It keeps you on your toes. :D

Approximately 387 licks. :P Or for me, it takes none, as I bite through it in one go. Its my favorite pastime.

O.O dats science right dere.

No derailment, just another intermission.....

Old School

The Lancer was running. He was running as fast as he could, his face even more contorted than usual for Grineer. The ship was huge, but felt far emptier than usual. He heard it behind him again and put on another burst of speed. Praying. Hoping…

“You! Halt!” The sound of a Grineer Commander’s voice brought the lancer up short, where he stood panting. “Where are you going?” The higher rank clone demanded.

“Sir… “ The Lancer gasped. “Lancer 45896A32-D. Patrol sequence Seven… We were ambushed.”

“I see.” The Commander said with a growl. “Where is the rest of your patrol?”

“Dead, sir.” The Lancer said with a gulp. Cowardice was looked upon in Grineer society about as kindly as other races. “Tenno! We didn’t’ have a chance!”

“Coward!” The Comamnder snapped, his armored gauntlet coming up to slam the cringing Lancer across the face. “Where is your weapon?”

“Destroyed, sir!” The Lancer said, straightening. “We fought. Our weapons were destroyed. We tried to close to melee range and all of us died.”

“Not all.” The commander growled even more fiercely. “But I can fix that.” He said as he raised his Grakata. But then… A soft sound swept through the corridors and the Lancer went stock still. “What is that?” It sounded like… whistling?

“That’s him!” The Lancer nearly screamed. “No! For the love of the mother! No! Run!” A blow threw him to the deck.

“Are you saying you are running from one being?” The commander snapped. “Tenno obviously. Team deploy!” The Lancer moved to rise, but froze as the Commander’s Grakata moved to cover him. “You, stay. You are bait.”

“You don’t understand!” The Lancer begged, but another blow sent him to the deck, semiconscious.

“I have no time for cowards right now.” The Commander said with a snarl. “We will deal with you later.” He moved to cover as… an odd form appeared in the distance. It was a Tenno. He searched his armor databases and found a match. A Nekros. But the fool was walking right out in the open. Not even moving quickly. “Grineer! Attack!”

He opened fire, but…that was the last thing that went right. Before his eyes, the Tenno seemed to waver in midair. No… It’s hands were blurring and two huge pistols were coming up as it strode forward as if it hadn’t a care in the world. The Commander stopped stock still as the fire from the Tenno sought each and every one of his subordinates, sweeping them away before they could even fire a shot. The whistling stopped.

“Now you done it…” The voice was eerie and the Commander shivered despite himself. Tenno didn’t speak. This was impossible. But… “You put a hole… in my robe…” The Commander raised his Grakata again, but… it fell apart in his hands. He was the only Grineer still alive in the corridor he realized suddenly. “I don’t like people who shoot my clothes. Gets me… testy.”

The Grineer Commander suddenly understood something that he hadn’t before. The feeling of losing control of one’s bodily functions wasn’t something that Grineer usually had to deal with. They prided themselves on being the fierce ones, the scary ones. But this… This was something way beyond any Grineer.

“Yeah…” The Tenno said softly. His hand went down to touch a rent on the fabric that covered his skeletal form. “You put a hole in my robe. But I am generous soul.” He said, his tone mocking. “I will give you a one minute head start. You better take it, dog.” He put a hand to his head and started speaking nonsense. “One, Mississippi. Two, Mississippi…”

The Grineer commander stared at him and then took to his heels while the Tenno was occupied. He had no weapon and knew his life was forfeit when others found him, but the fear… The fear behind him was too much.

You really enjoy that, don’t you, Nikis? A silent voice asked the counting dark form sourly.

“I get my enjoyment where I can, Jasmina. Time is up, you Grineer dogs!” Nikis, Grandmaster gunfighter of the Tenno said as he started forward. “Fill your hands, you sorry clone sons of *@##$es!” The Commander was still in view and Nikis sent a shot his way. The Commander ran harder. “Death is coming for you!”

It is times like this I wish we hadn’t given you a link to the mass mind… Jasmina said with a mental wince. They don’t need any more insanity, Nikis

“Insanity?” Nikis asked as he started off after the last Grineer again. “Maybe. But it’s fun.”

Dust? Jasmina begged.

Don’t try and get me involved! Dust begged playfully. Besides. If he is doing this, he isn’t making a mess for Lisa and Iriana.

There is that. Jasmina said sourly. Oh well… she gave another mental wince as Nikis started whistling.

Which is he? Jasmina asked with a wince as Nikis prodded the Grineer commander on with another shot. The good, the bad or the ugly? She demanded as Nikis’ shot hit the Grineer on the posterior and the terrified clone ran harder.

“All three, girly.” Nikis said with a smirk as he reloaded his Magnuses. “All three. And look at it this way. I have two hundred more Grineer on this ship. I’ll get to whistle a bunch of tunes.”

A mental whimper was his only response.

Edited by Kalenath

Here's a brief introduction of what I'm currently writing, I've decided to scrap the idea of Darius combat. But don't worry, I won't disappoint.

----------

An arrow shaft stuck out from a Corpus crewman's jumpsuit, the fatal wound pumping out blood. The corpse dissolving in the ethereal way that seems to associate itself with death. He looked on at the occurrence, the corpse exploded into a flurry of particles, the matter disintegrating into nothing. The arrow clattered from the empty space where the corpse was. He walked over to it and picked it up, replacing it in his quiver.

Then he started to run, eager to catch up with his “brothers.” He struck down the Corpus that were pursuing his quarry, they were trivial and no friend of his.

The onlooking cameras and their attendants hiding behind the lenses were dumbstruck, an invisible force was mowing down their troops. They could only make out a slight distortion, the thing running along at super-human speeds.

The anonymous agent of death ran into a room, two Tenno stood gunning down Corpus, robots and crewmen alike.

Beneath his helmet, he smiled.

Then the lights flickered.
Edited by EDeN153