Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Colours on kubrows are infact still a thing!

morningstar999

Question

Lately I have had a few people say to me "you can buy the rare colours on the market store, so they are no longer rare!"

this is simply not true! The kubrow colours are rare because they can only be gained through breeding! (they also have a smaller % chance of randomly being produced)

None of the kavat or kubrow colours that you can buy in the market (which you can use on either pet) are the same shades as what can be gained through breeding.

bellow is the chart for kubrow colours (the ones highlighted in red are the rare colours)

oyZy4d.jpg

Here are some of the rare colours compared directly to the colours available in the market: (first pic shows the rare colour on it's own)

5syfIH.png

N8Xf8u.png

YYO93B.png

HVVVVI.png

I haven't bothered to do rare navy or rare dark brown but I can if people want me to!

This has been a public service announcement, brought to you by a crazy-kubrow fan.

PS. please DE buff and update our kubrows. They seem forgotten and unloved by you this past year.

other useful kubrow stuff:

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

Doesn't matter how 'rare' they are if they are awful colors. The comparison really highlights how bland those colors really are.

this.
I didnt even know there are rare kubrow colours.
now that i know, im sure i will not bother.

that drives me right to:

21 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

PS. please DE buff and update our kubrows. They seem forgotten and unloved by you this past year.

this.

3 minutes ago, direcyphre said:

Doesn't matter how 'rare' they are if they are awful colors. The comparison really highlights how bland those colors really are.

totally depends on your taste, not everyone wants the garishly bright shades the colour packs give.

for example the rare gold looks like a real gold compared to the yellows you can get in packs. rare red is also a nice rich/royal colour with out being too bright or brown.

(don't get me wrong I love some of the pack colours but there's a reason the rare colours are popular for more than just 'its rare)

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Thanks to you i'm now hesitating to buy all the kubrow packs because of the colors...

I wish they would give our pets a REAL FUR because this one looks like hay

its a game what do you expect? hair and fur is often incredibly hard to do and get right in games, (which is why the kavats are mostly furless probably) I mean just looks at the operators hair most of the texturing ect on them ate awful.

'Rare gold' is dull yellow. 'Rare red' is dull reddish-brown. I will always say "To each, their own," however these rare colors don't magically make them more desirable. Even if someone liked those colors, your charts prove they can achieve almost identical color schemes with the current marketplace offerings.

1 hour ago, direcyphre said:

'Rare gold' is dull yellow. 'Rare red' is dull reddish-brown. I will always say "To each, their own," however these rare colors don't magically make them more desirable. Even if someone liked those colors, your charts prove they can achieve almost identical color schemes with the current marketplace offerings.

being triple gold lotus kubrows used to sell for 2000-3500p many people disagree. people would sell for the nose for rare coloured kubrow in general.

kavats crushed the market of kubrows simply because of 'oohh new' and kavats being generally better than kubrows in missions, but in ways that is a good thing as it means people can now get 'rare' kubrow at less crazy prices.

being the market doesn't contain the same shades as the rare colours does mean they are still harder to get and rare, the charts shows that you can not match the rare colours. people also like to own 'rarer' things in general. 

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

Huh. I think my Kubrow has the rare gold and rare red. And Lotus. Does that mean it's worth a fortune?

Reveal hidden contents

iQgrvFx.jpg

Double Rare Bulky Lotus are generally selling for around 300p -500p