The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Siphons are a mess at the moment. (UPDATED with info from 19.6.3 Patch Notes)

Jackviator

3 hours ago, Thrymm said:

You get an operator that doesn't seem to get energy and ran out for reasons you can't really tell

Because, for whatever reason, Energy Leech Eximi also affect the operator.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Sorry but, in this case "If u don't like to play as Operator don't play it that way" doesn't mean "If you don't like it, don't do it".

Please enlighten me how else you are supposed to play those missions then. And don't say "you don't", because I have to get the Kuva for new weapons and the occasional Riven re-roll somehow.

Edited by czcbibliothekar

On 1/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, Jackviator said:

Could you elaborate on that? I haven't seen the Kuva Fortress pass by Mercury yet (bad timing in my part I suppose :P ) and am curious as to what you mean. How is playing the Siphons on Mercury worse than the other planets it passes?

Finally got into a Mercury Siphon. And oh boy, was it broken.

First mission: capture target didn't spawn.

Second mission: instantly failed the mission upon loading in.

(I gave up after that).

Just noticed something pretty interesting today.   *Maybe this will get the Kuva missions fixed*  :)

Go into a Kuva mission with one of your buddies with a high ping (meaning their interwebs is hamster powered). (have him host)

The guardians will lag, and in most cases will just ignore you.

And when the Kuva clouds come in, they just stay in one spot, making them RIDICULOUSLY easy to get.

Rinse, repeat.

10k Kuva in less an hour, most of us taking little no damage at all.  Until the missions get fixed, might as well exploit them :)

Edited by -Fe-McHamm3rShot

12 hours ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

And when the Kuva clouds come in, they just stay in one spot, making them RIDICULOUSLY easy to get.

Rinse, repeat.

10k Kuva in less an hour, most of us taking little no damage at all.  Until the missions get fixed, might as well exploit them :)

Hm... I'm not sure it would even be possible to patch this kind of thing out, considering it's based on the netcode on your end, not the game itself.

Still, from my experience DE pays more attention to addressing stuff that makes the game too easy, so maybe at least it'll persuade them to at least look at the process again. :P

Edited by Jackviator

On 1/14/2017 at 4:17 AM, czcbibliothekar said:

Because, for whatever reason, Energy Leech Eximi also affect the operator.

Yup. This, combined with how slowly Operator energy recharges, is another thing that can make Siphons seemingly impossible sometimes.

The problem with Kuva farming, as you have expertly stated here, is that there are too many problems. This mode was either rushed or deliberately designed poorly to drive plat sales.

Interestingly enough, the Tenno supposedly use Warframes because they are the only things that can contain/withstand/control/focus a Tennos power. Yet, when a Tenno pops out of his or her suit, they're softer than wet toilet paper. I don't think DE thought this one out and it's why I tend to lean towards the "this was done intentionally to drive plat sales" theory.

Kuva needs to go away, there's already too many resources to farm, especially for new players. And there should never be an enemy in a game like this that's invulnerable to weapon damage.

I have yet to figure out how to activate the Focus ability since this update. It's actually useful from time to time, or it was when it actually worked.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)JACK BURT0N LSG said:

I have yet to figure out how to activate the Focus ability since this update. It's actually useful from time to time, or it was when it actually worked.

It's now either press power '5 or hold power '5 depending on your selection in your controls tab.  That's for PC, I see your an XBOX dood bro.  I hope to Bejesus they made it easy for you console peeps.

Taken from the patch notes of 19.6.3:

• "Improved Operator Void Dash aiming and collision on Kuva Clouds to be more forgiving."
  • Fixed incorrect Lotus transmissions during a Kuva Siphon.

---

So... that happened. It's a very nice start, and fixed one of the 4 problems originally addressed in the OP (how the Operator controls), thus I edited the OP to show that, and I will be testing to see if the "feeding us misinformation" bit was fixed as well, as the second point may just mean "fixed the Lotus's lines not matching the subtitles" (which I've also noticed).

But, at the same time:

• These missions still have no tutorial whatsoever;
  • Siphon spawning issues/guidance toward the Siphons in the missions themselves could be improved (having the Siphons spawn in a room miles from the objective, prompting a spontaneous wild-goose-chase through the tileset, with no indicator of when you're close besides an Inception foghorn that doesn't even tell you what direction the Siphon is in, doesn't make for the best experience),
  • And the Clouds can still be just a tad unfair in how they spawn. (10m? 7m? Nah, I feel like spawning 5m from the Siphon." -A random Kuva Cloud somewhere, before being sucked into the Siphon in 3 seconds).

My point being, I appreciate the Operator control changes and the Cloud collision very much... but the other issues still exist, so this thread isn't irrelevant just yet.

Edited by Jackviator

On 1/17/2017 at 11:42 PM, Jackviator said:

I will be testing to see if the "feeding us misinformation" bit was fixed as well, as the second point may just mean "fixed the Lotus's lines not matching the subtitles" (which I've also noticed).

Yeah it was definitely just fixing the Subtitles not lining up correctly. The Lotus is still feeding us misinformation.

BD73EF3F9244EBE2F2F4EB0E576410F0FC1E5CF2

The Lotus should not be feeding us misinformation. She just shouldn't. She's the NPC we trust for mission updates and tutorial info. So, like... Why is this still the case?!

I've edited this picture into the OP, and will probably keep posting it on every update notes post until it's addressed, because IMO this is honestly one of the most BS things in this game. The Lotus should not be lying to us.

BF23024AB8445A40B5F096F069F62F593CC5D276

giphy.gif

Edited by Jackviator

Not letting this thread die just yet. Figured I'd give it a week, see if anything else was changed, but nope. The Lotus is still lying to us, the Siphons have no tutorial, the cloud spawns can still be rather erratic/downright impossible to handle at points, etc.

2 minutes ago, Atalix said:

Not to mention some of the Kuva guards will go invisible, I have to be quick to track where it moves to take it out before it begins attacking. oO

Hm.... this is actually the first I've ever heard of this glitch. Never seen it myself, never heard of another person who experienced it.

Still... Due to how game-breaking against the players this is (immortal invisible enemies aren't fun to deal with; looking at you, Manics), care to expand on that a bit, so I and others can get more details on the matter? Specifically, got a few questions for ya:

What did the guard do before becoming invisible? (Or, alternatively, did it spawn invisible?) Did it just not have a character model, or did it have a stealth effect like one would see on a frame (see though model, but still visible by energy/light distortion)? If it was invisible, how did you track it? Were you in a squad, and if so, were you experiencing heavy lag/latency at the time? 

13 hours ago, Jackviator said:

Hm.... this is actually the first I've ever heard of this glitch. Never seen it myself, never heard of another person who experienced it.

Still... Due to how game-breaking against the players this is (immortal invisible enemies aren't fun to deal with; looking at you, Manics), care to expand on that a bit, so I and others can get more details on the matter? Specifically, got a few questions for ya:

What did the guard do before becoming invisible? (Or, alternatively, did it spawn invisible?) Did it just not have a character model, or did it have a stealth effect like one would see on a frame (see though model, but still visible by energy/light distortion)? If it was invisible, how did you track it? Were you in a squad, and if so, were you experiencing heavy lag/latency at the time? 

Too right the Kuva Guards are completely different than the Manics, a bit more tedious but not so bad to deal with but sometimes the number in tight spaces are overwhelming.

And nothing, a couple or one will just literally spawn and the moment I spot them they go invisible. I believe it's a bug of some sorts cause if this is intentional from DE then they went way too far on challenge to punishment.  Only way to find them if you haven't caught one in your sight at the moment of spawn is to spread like viral, corrosive, any elemental that can highlight their effect just to see them not to cause damage with elemental.
They did have a character model but then I think the textures glitched and there they go, probably because there's so much elemental effects going on.