Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus questions

RedPharaoh0817

Question

Been playing the Naramon Tree and one question regarding the deadly intent passive skill..

does the additional crit add over the crit chance of the weapon itself? or is there a formula that i don't know because ive after i do mind spike the crit chance appears to be unaffected.

Im planning to also do the focus tree for zanurik... will the passive stack over with naramon tree? or i have somewhat set which tree im going to use when i do transference? 

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, RedPharaoh0817 said:

does the additional crit add over the crit chance of the weapon itself? or is there a formula that i don't know because ive after i do mind spike the crit chance appears to be unaffected.

The crit chance is not additive - the bonus percentage is not added flat to your weapons crit chance, it's modified by that percentage. I don't remember the exact numbers, but for example: if you have a weapon with 30% crit and +15% from Deady Intent, you don't get 30+15=45%, you get 30+ (30*0.15) = 34.5%. The wiki explains it in more details.

10 minutes ago, RedPharaoh0817 said:

Im planning to also do the focus tree for zanurik... will the passive stack over with naramon tree? or i have somewhat set which tree im going to use when i do transference? 

The latter. You need to pick which focus school you're using on a mission, and you'll benefit from that and only from that school's abilities.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

According to the wiki, Crit Chance = Weapon Crit Chance × (1 + Mod Crit Chance) × (1 + Deadly Intent Crit Chance)

Each school and their abilities are independent from each other.  If you selected Zenurik then in the mission when you use your focus ability you'll be using Zenurik's way/passive, not Naramon's.  Zenuirk passive wouldn't stack with Naramon's.  You'll need to manually select the school in the Operator screen before you can use it.  

Deadly Intent adds 30% of the weapon's crit chance (but I think it's still debated on whether or not it's 30% of base or after mods).  If you chat-link a weapon (by typing [skana] for example) then check that weapon's stats by clicking the chat-link you can see that the base will increase by 30% after your first use of Mind Spike.  I once linked the Telos Boltace and got confused because it read 13% instead of 10% then realised what was happening, went back after my Kavat had used Charm and it said it had a crit chance of 200%...

When you unlock another tree you get the option to choose which one is "Primary" and that is the one you use in mission.  Being Primary or Secondary doesn't affect Focus gains, that's still all to do with Lenses equipped, it just determines which Focus power you get to use and what passives etc. you can benefit from during the mission.

If you ever do stealth melee Focus farming then Naramon's first Passive can help if your melee weapon has a lens.  The25% bonus Affinity for melee kills goes entirely to the melee weapon so instead of getting 50/50 for frame/weapon you get 50/75.  So, if you are planning on doing stealth melee runs to kickstart Zenurik make sure to lens the melee weapon you'll use as well as the frame.

Edited by Katinka