Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Help on Mag

Amp_

Question

Alright, so I just recently got Mag Prime. Running 188% duration, 175% efficiency, 100% range, and 130% strength, if that helps with my problem. Anyway, I thought that a Soma Prime with the mods Split Chamber and Shred would work well the Mag's magnetize because the punch through would hit more than 1 target. Well... my bullets just disappear when I fire into Magnetize. They don't scatter around inside the bubble like they should(I think?). They just travel to the center and disappear. Can anyone shed some light on what's happening?

6 answers to this question

Magnetize does not take crits into account, only weapon damage with mods, so weapons like Soma are awful for that ability because of their abysmal base damage. I find that shotguns work well in conjunction with the ability, or basically anything with high per-shot damage. 

But I only read half of the OP lmao so lemme add onto it.

Hitscan weapons do indeed travel directly to the center, but they also add damage to the ability itself as well as projectiles do. The difference is that while bullets go directly to the center, projectiles can swirl around the bubble and hurt enemies as they travel.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

Magnetize doesn't really follow any logic. There's no reason for it to treat hit-scan differently than projectile yet it does. There's no reason for it to treat AoE differently, yet it does nor punch-through. I kinda doubt most of it is even intentional. It was a quickly produced compensation for destroying Polarize.

Use an AoE Gas type weapon like Pox or Torrid. They're esp strong.

For as much as I love Magnetize, it is still very unclear how to maximize projectile damage outside of Lanka.

Another suggestion is to run minus duration, empty weapon magazine and hope it absorbs enough damage to increase its explosion damage.

At least that way you dont waste Magnetize on enemies that are already dead, considering how hard it can be to lure enemies into Magnetize (unless you corner yourself and use Pull+Magnetize+Pull - overshield augment required to soak dmg).

Edited by Souldend78