The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Runs worse on computer with better parts

-Defeater-

So im not sure if this makes any sense at all, but im hoping maybe someone can shed some light on this situation.

The computer ive been playing on: Intel i5, Nvidia 960

Brand new computer: Intel i7, Nvidia 1080

Same amount of ram.

So, how is it that i can get 150 frames in my liset on the older computer on high, but can barely get 60 on the new computer on low? Has anything like this happened to anyone before? Ive tried updating drivers and going through windows updates, but nothing has seemed to work. currently resetting the thing to see if that helps, ive looked up reviews on the thing and everyone has given it high praise for performance, i have no clue what to do. 

4 hours ago, SwiggitySwig said:

So im not sure if this makes any sense at all, but im hoping maybe someone can shed some light on this situation.

The computer ive been playing on: Intel i5, Nvidia 960

Brand new computer: Intel i7, Nvidia 1080

Same amount of ram.

So, how is it that i can get 150 frames in my liset on the older computer on high, but can barely get 60 on the new computer on low? Has anything like this happened to anyone before? Ive tried updating drivers and going through windows updates, but nothing has seemed to work. currently resetting the thing to see if that helps, ive looked up reviews on the thing and everyone has given it high praise for performance, i have no clue what to do. 

I can confirm this, on older builds of Warframe I remember clearly that Warframe is a GPU heavy game, whereas I'm getting around 35fps with my 940MX but my friend is getting 70fps with his 840M. All settings are the same, 1080p, everything maxed, AA=>SMAA, VSYNC=>OFF, PhysX=>On, Dx11 x64.

Our systems are pretty similar, but mine's a tad better.
CPU: i7 4710MQ vs i7 6500U(mine)
GPU: GTX840M(2Gb) vs GTX940MX(4Gb)(mine)
RAM:8Gb DDR3 vs 8Gb DDR4(mine)
Both screens are native 1920x1080, both running at same power and driver settings.

My CPU is graded 0.5/10 points better than my friend's (http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-6500U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4710MQ)
My GPU is graded 1/10 points better than my friend's (http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-940MX-vs-GeForce-840M)

As I was content with my computer's performance when I bought it, when I saw his fps I couldn't believe it. It's ridiculous, there's something shady going on.

Edited by SoBadKiller

This game`s performance is a getting worse and it should be priority number one in year 2017, what is the point of adding more and more visual improvements when it cant run decently even at the lowest settings, the game freezes when loading into missions, which 1/10 times ends in failed host migration, then another load screen back to the liset coz it never communicates with anything as long as it is frozen, now again the conclave stutters when players switch loadouts spoiling the experience, the UIs are unresponsive by default with those unavoidable animations and on top of that theres a ton of network delay when loading inventories, add to that the absurd long time required to load back into the liset, dojos, and relays in order to perform domestic tasks, and framerates in mission are dropping for differente reasons and under differente contexts too.

The game is turning into a performance mess for an unkown number of players but you have these posts coming every day in bigger numbers, and it doesnt really look like this problem is being taken seriously, i have a review on steam for this game with a positive rating, but i promise that if at the time i wrote thatreview  the game had THIS performance i would have persuaded everyone to pass from the game because now it looks like partaking of the increasing trend of games that dont care about frame rates despite they clearly being a lot into good perfomance years ago.

Sorry for the ranty post, but im about to drop this game because of these things, each problem may looks small but all of them in tandem make an awful experience.