Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buy new tennogen stuff without steam?

BalicBlackthorn

Question

This latest tennogen has some cool stuff (the wings sydana specifically) that I would like to get. But from what I can find I can only get them through steam. Now, I have steam, but I have the standalone version of Warframe. Can I still get these things without downloading the steam version of this thing?

8 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, SpiralViper said:

Why not use the steam version? Are there disadvantages to it?

There are steam only items, so one could see that as advantage or disadvantage if you will

32 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Never use more layers of middleware than you have to?

I wouldn't really call steam middle wear but I understand what you mean.

I've used Steam with Warframe almost my entire time playing this game, I've run into no problems and only seen advantages from doing so. Also from time to time (and it's been some time since this has last appeared) there are items you can ONLY get via steam such as weapon and warframe skins. (Example Rubido skins for weapons and rhino phased skins for warframes and weapons)

So if you REALLY want those items, just link your steam to WF, buy them, and then uninstall it.

1 hour ago, SergeiTheBeast said:

There are steam only items, so one could see that as advantage or disadvantage if you will

Since Tennogen is only available through Steam, doesn't that make it advantageous to use Steam instead? e.g. being able to buy from Tennogen on the fly rather than going through an installation process every time you see something you like?

I don't understand the disadvantages of using middleware. Sorry i'm such a noob, but i'm genuinely curious.

19 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

Since Tennogen is only available through Steam, doesn't that make it advantageous to use Steam instead? e.g. being able to buy from Tennogen on the fly rather than going through an installation process every time you see something you like?

I don't understand the disadvantages of using middleware. Sorry i'm such a noob, but i'm genuinely curious.

Some believe that if there's no reason to use "middleware" or a middleman if you will then why bother? That by adding something else into the mix you slow it down or risk slowing it down. Personally I've never experienced that. But everyone has their personal preferences as I HAVE heard cases where when playing certain games via steam instead of their own launcher has caused update failures and other issues, but again I have never experienced that.