Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to complete riven challenge

(PSN)Akabane85

Question

Hi, everyone

I got a unveiled riven mod with a challenge says "Sustain a 3x melee combo multiplier for 30 seconds with an active pet present. 0/1".

I tried in a survival with a kubrow and have gotten 3x melee combo multiplier and sustain more than 1 minute. After extracting, it doesn't showed that I have complete the challenge. I've also tried with sentinels and Excalibur slash dash augment, but with no succeed. I did equip the riven mods on my weapon before doing the challenge. May I know if I'm doing wrong, or which requirement I'm missing?

5i8ycEml.jpg

16 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

I used slash dash with the augment, which increase more combo.

So you were getting melee combo by using an ability instead of hitting with your actual melee weapon? So far that seems like the most likely problem.   Try using actual melee attacks. And stick with dog or cat. Riven conditions can say either "pet" or "sentinel", so if it says pet it probably means not-sentinel.

Some questions

1. Do you see the thing at the start of the mission that shows you the riven challenge you have to do?
  2. Does it ever say "Failed" at any point?
  3. Did you use revives, host migrations, or focus at any point?
  4. Did you get and maintain your 3x combo as your first combo of the mission?  (i.e. your combo did not reset at any time before you did the "3x for 30 seconds" part)
  5. Did the combo expire before you actually extracted, or were you still carrying the 3x while extracting?
Edited by Momaw

Got this challenge once too. What worked for me was to have the combo active for 30sec. with my rifle equipped. Don't remember whether I went melee-mode to build up the combo then switched to rifle or if I just used quick-melee to get the combo though.
Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Some questions

1. Do you see the thing at the start of the mission that shows you the riven challenge you have to do?
  2. Does it ever say "Failed" at any point?
  3. Did you use revives, host migrations, or focus at any point?
  4. Did you get and maintain your 3x combo as your first combo of the mission?  (i.e. your combo did not reset at any time before you did the "3x for 30 seconds" part)
  5. Did the combo expire before you actually extracted, or were you still carrying the 3x while extracting?

1. Yes, I saw that. When I pause the game it shows up too.

2. No

3. I didn't used any revives. I played on solo mode, will this be the problem? I don't aware using focus cause I remember I'm lacking of energy (zenurik primary) , probably not.

4. In first try, yes. Second try, my combo runs out multiple times before reaching 3x multiplier.

5. It expired before I extract.

1 minute ago, GrowlingLeaf said:

Got this challenge once too. What worked for me was to have the combo active for 30sec. with my rifle equipped. Don't remember whether I went melee-mode to build up the combo then switched to rifle or if I just used quick-melee to get the combo though.
Hope this helps.

Might be useful tips, cause I switched to melee mode to build up combo. I'll try using quick attack or Excalibur slash dash while holding primary.

1° are you using body count (+12 secs before reset the combo counter), drifting contact (+10 secs) and/or Wukong (+2secs)? both of these will help you to keep the combo timer, since the base value is 3 seconds (too short)

2° are you trying to do the challenge using your Exalted Blade? because, right now, riven mods are ignored by these special weapons (Peacemaker and Artemis Bow)

3° did you pet died once in the mission?

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

1 minute ago, Zeyez said:

q1° are you using body count (+12 secs before reset the combo counter), drifting contact (+10 secs) and/or Wukong (+2secs)? both of these will help you to keep the combo timer, since the base value is 3 seconds (too short)

2° are you trying to do the challenge using your Exalted Blade? because, right now, riven mods are ignored by these special weapons (Peacemaker and Artemis Bow)

3° did you pet die once in the mission?

1. Yes, body count. That's how I keep up my combo multiplier.

2. No, but I used slash dash with the augment, which increase more combo.

3. Not even once.

Just now, Momaw said:

So you were getting melee combo by using an ability instead of hitting with your actual melee weapon? So far that seems like the most likely problem.   Try using actual melee attacks. And stick with dog or cat. Riven conditions can say either "pet" or "sentinel", so if it says pet it probably means not-sentinel.

The first try I did use kubrow, and use Nikana Prime to build up combo, instead of ability. And because it doesn't works, I switched sentinel, and use slash dash because I heard people succeeding with it. Well...ends up both doesn't works, for me.

Was this a solo run? Were you in a group where you weren't host?

I had a similar problem with a riven for "Complete a level 30 defense mission without the defense object taking any damage" and after several successful attempts, the challenge never completed. It wasn't until I went Solo that it finally listed it as a success.

For me, it was either a mislabelled challenge (i.e. had to be done solo but wasn't marked as such), or maybe because other players continued the defense it wasn't technically "completed" when I left.

Strange. I got a riven that has "sustain 3x for 30 seconds with a pet" condition, used Excal, with Surging Dash, and a kubrow, and it unlocked no problem. :|   There's more ingredients in this soup...

If you're really intent on helping find this bug, then document EVERYTHING. Your Excalibur build, your sword build, what kind of pet you were using, what mission node you were playing. A video would be awesome too.

njyLF8Q.jpg

mQtIVYC.jpg

Raksa kubrow, Extinguished key,  fighting on Kuva Fortress survival.  Was holding melee weapon as primary and building all combo hits with Surging Dash.

Edited by Momaw

1 minute ago, DaftMeat said:

Was this a solo run? Were you in a group where you weren't host?

I had a similar problem with a riven for "Complete a level 30 defense mission without the defense object taking any damage" and after several successful attempts, the challenge never completed. It wasn't until I went Solo that it finally listed it as a success.

For me, it was either a mislabelled challenge (i.e. had to be done solo but wasn't marked as such), or maybe because other players continued the defense it wasn't technically "completed" when I left.

I did it with solo, and with public just now. Not sure if I did actually sustain for 30 seconds just now in public, I was holding primary all the time. But likely is, since it's already 300x combo when I check. Will do it again to confirm.

Yes!! I've finally complete the challenge, here's how I do it.

1. Warframe: Wukong with Defy build

2. Weapon Setup: Synoid Simulor (Riven mod equipped), Akmagnus, Orthos Prime (Berserker, Fury, Primed Reach, Body Count only)

3. Companion: A Chesa Kubrow

4. Matchmaking: Solo, Infested Survival Mission (Zabala, Eris)

5. Mission started. Use Defy, Switched to Melee mode, kill infested until challenge complete.

Before that I tried using Shade as "Pet", and do the exact same thing in Eris, but no succeed. So seems like It should be Kubrow or Kavat.

In my first try I was using Kubrow too, with a Nikana Prime and played in a Survival Mission (Ani, Void). But doesn't succeed after 30 seconds with 3x combo, couldn't figure out where goes wrong.

Thank you for the people who trying to help me.