Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

n00bly advice?

Kereler

Question

Hi. I'm a pretty new player and I needed some advice. I've been searching the wiki and the forums for the best area for me to farm massive amounts of neurodes and neural sensors. I need neural sensors to craft the kama and a ton of neurodes for other small items that I want to finish up. I read from the wiki that the Everest excavation mission on Earth was one of the best ways to farm neurodes for lower levelled players (since I do not have access to any planets except Earth, Mercury, Venus and Mars) and I've been farming it for a while but it doesn't seem to give me very much, as in maybe one every 30-35 minutes. What are your suggestions?

In other areas of the game, I've fully leveled my initial primary weapon that I got, the Braton. It's served me well but I'm looking to upgrade my primary to something else so I can resume levelling stuff. I was thinking of the boltor (again why I need neurodes). Any good ideas on what I could make next? I have a good loadout and it serves me well but the Braton is starting to show its inferiority.

22 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BroaderSaucer said:

for primaries, a good option is the karak if you enjoy assault rifles, the latron is also pretty solid. 

So I ought to just buy the blueprints for the Karak and Latron for credits and see if I can farm them ASAP?

Just now, (Xbox One)BroaderSaucer said:

Sure. try out other weapons that you can build also. all of them give mastery (be sure to rank everything to 30 before selling) and its always fun to try out new weapons. find something you like, and stick with it :D

Hey, thanks!

One more question though, whats your advice for farming neurodes? It seems to me that right now I have a dearth of neurodes, and they appear to be a key part of getting items. I heard Earth was a good place for beginners but I'm beginning to think that it's pretty crap farming Everest excavation.

16 minutes ago, Kereler said:

Hi. I'm a pretty new player and I needed some advice. I've been searching the wiki and the forums for the best area for me to farm massive amounts of neurodes and neural sensors. I need neural sensors to craft the kama and a ton of neurodes for other small items that I want to finish up. I read from the wiki that the Everest excavation mission on Earth was one of the best ways to farm neurodes for lower levelled players (since I do not have access to any planets except Earth, Mercury, Venus and Mars) and I've been farming it for a while but it doesn't seem to give me very much, as in maybe one every 30-35 minutes. What are your suggestions?

In other areas of the game, I've fully leveled my initial primary weapon that I got, the Braton. It's served me well but I'm looking to upgrade my primary to something else so I can resume levelling stuff. I was thinking of the boltor (again why I need neurodes). Any good ideas on what I could make next? I have a good loadout and it serves me well but the Braton is starting to show its inferiority.

you can always use the recruit tab to ask either for taxi (to other nodes that you dont have unlocked) or for neurode farms. If you are invited, by taxi, you can play locked nodes (but doesnt unlock them if they are away from you current progression)

1 minute ago, Kereler said:

Hey, thanks!

One more question though, whats your advice for farming neurodes? It seems to me that right now I have a dearth of neurodes, and they appear to be a key part of getting items. I heard Earth was a good place for beginners but I'm beginning to think that it's pretty crap farming Everest excavation.

Neurodes are a pain early game, thats for sure. if you really hate everest, you could progress through the planets, and once you finish the second dream, a more viable option comes up (it includes killing certain enemys, but i cant say what they are without spoiling the quest).

11 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

you can always use the recruit tab to ask either for taxi (to other nodes that you dont have unlocked) or for neurode farms. If you are invited, by taxi, you can play locked nodes (but doesnt unlock them if they are away from you current progression)

I entertained the notion of that but I want to try and power through the game without being too much of a leech on other people when they could be doing something else more productive and beneficial for themselves.

Since Everest seems to have a real crap drop rate where else in the beginner four planets can you recommend?

2 hours ago, Kereler said:

I entertained the notion of that but I want to try and power through the game without being too much of a leech on other people when they could be doing something else more productive and beneficial for themselves.

Since Everest seems to have a real crap drop rate where else in the beginner four planets can you recommend?

if someones gather ppl for farms i dont see why you wont be joining if you need the resource. and the game is coop so no problem there, you may encounter some arseholes like in every community but warframe community is very friendly about helping new players or other ppl. then again, depends on what your goals are, if you want to go with the less help posible you can. im sorry i cant point towards a better farming location for neurodes but i havent farmed those in a while

Man I am glad I took the advice when I started playing (just a year ago)...

1. Make a bee-line for the Sonicor. It is a secondary but man it is one of the best secondaries. 

2. Live in the void (the old void)! For you I would say get deeply involved in farming a few prime weapons. I went hard for the Soma Prime and the combo of Soma P and Sonicor allowed me to stay on pace with so much content. 

In farming primes that are currently available I would say go for the weapon class the fits your style (Tigris-shotgun, Cernos-bow, or Burston?/Braton). 

3. Get forma and use that sucker on your Sonicor...or your Frame. Try to get 1 item close to top-tier so it can carry you as you learn more about the game. 

I suck at navigating ALL the maps...but thanks to my Sonicor getting lost didnt mean getting killed alone in the dark. 

4. Syndicate weapons are a great way to upgrade...but you will need to up your MR before you can get into that stuff. 

5. Ummh this game in my mind encourages leeches. I spent my first month just joining random missions (mostly to kill bosses) and if the squad put up another mission I would just stay with them and yes get destroyed along the way but honestly folks didnt complain. 

Actually to be honest, I get into the clan I am in because I was leeching...they were doing void farming missions and I just stayed with them as they did survival after survival. Almost an hour later they invited me to the clan and the leeching was no longer leeching just me going along for the ride. 

I give Taxis whenever I can. Its how I got started and I love how many folks are so willing to do it. So don't feel wrong in asking for taxis. 

Lastly, YouTube videos...too many great content creators. AGayGuyPlays, Mogamu, OriginalWickedfun, Tactical Potato, and H3dsh0t. Those are my MountRushmore of Warframe YouTubers.

They taught me how to spy...i laugh at how bad I sucked...and doing spy missions to get better allowed me to get Ivara before I even wanted her.

Enjoy the game.

There is a great community and a ton of different ways to play and enjoy the game.

I feel like its important to always be leveling equipment. you're wasting time if you aren't. in other words try to keep new weapons in rotation so you're constantly earning mastery.

i saw a new player with his starting equipment at level 30. ie mk1 bo, braton etc. he was like that for days. so much wasted time. not earning mastery. he didn't know to go to the market and buy non mk1 versions of his weapons. btw you can see the crafting requirements of a weapon in the market before you buy it. it takes a long tine to craft stuff so plan ahead

Just now, aligatorno said:

I highly recommend the Karak as well, it's a pretty damn good weapon, it can take on lvl 30-35 enemies , which is almost the peak of the start chart, without proper modding even. 

Bought the bp for it, just need to get my hands on neurodes. I swear my second frame is gonna be a Nekros so I can farm stuff..

1 minute ago, Kereler said:

Bought the bp for it, just need to get my hands on neurodes. I swear my second frame is gonna be a Nekros so I can farm stuff..

It will be a tad hard without help to get Nekros. The Derelict is kinda high level as far as the star chart is concerned. and the boss fight it's not easy for someone without experience. Try to get in a clan and ask for their help to taxi you to the boss fight. 

1) A good place for any resource of a planet are the Dark Sectors. Those nodes have a higher resource drop chance (+15% for Earth) and give more affinity than others. To access the ones on Earth you would have to defeat Vay Hek, which is probably still way out of your league. Also the enemies on Tikal and Cobe might still be a bit too strong for you. But the other options (Eris, Derelict, ???) are still far ahead. If I were in your position, I'd give it a shot and try out if I could get there.

2) When it comes to mastery: Keep in mind that you can buy a few fully build weapons (all MK1 weapons, + a few others) in the market for credits. Back in my early days I found them when I browsed through the weapons while being in the Arsenal.

3) Most weapons should be able to carry you through the star chart. If you like a weapon (e.g. the Sonicor, Boltor, Tigris, Galatine) then give it a catalyst and use formas to get more polarities. That way you can put more mods into them. Mods are in the end more important then which weapon or warframe you choose.

3 hours ago, tsoa said:

1) A good place for any resource of a planet are the Dark Sectors. Those nodes have a higher resource drop chance (+15% for Earth) and give more affinity than others. To access the ones on Earth you would have to defeat Vay Hek, which is probably still way out of your league. Also the enemies on Tikal and Cobe might still be a bit too strong for you. But the other options (Eris, Derelict, ???) are still far ahead. If I were in your position, I'd give it a shot and try out if I could get there.

2) When it comes to mastery: Keep in mind that you can buy a few fully build weapons (all MK1 weapons, + a few others) in the market for credits. Back in my early days I found them when I browsed through the weapons while being in the Arsenal.

3) Most weapons should be able to carry you through the star chart. If you like a weapon (e.g. the Sonicor, Boltor, Tigris, Galatine) then give it a catalyst and use formas to get more polarities. That way you can put more mods into them. Mods are in the end more important then which weapon or warframe you choose.

Yeah I agree.

Rather than Earth I would also say find Dark Sectors and just live there. 

As far as boosters...I didn't start using them until about 5months in the game. 

I wanted to be certain I loved the game before I put any money into getting Plat which was only way I could get booster. 

As a newbie I didnt want to get into trading. That just didnt make sense, i got the game to play its mechanics not to spend time looking at a trade screen. 

Getting Nekros...that requires a clan or a group with some seasoned folks. 

Lephantis is a fun mechanic boss but he is no joke if your just starting out. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, (Xbox One)BroaderSaucer said:

for primaries, a good option is the karak if you enjoy assault rifles, the latron is also pretty solid. 

GRAKATA IS LOVE!
GRAKATA IS LIFE!

But yeah @Kereler, the Karak and Grakata are both solid options at your level, and both require mats found on Venus (they have the same resource cost actually).  Karak is a solid AR, with good damage and nice accuracy, making it a dependable choice at most ranges, while the Grakata is a bullet hose of an SMG that vomits lead down range so fast you need to see it to believe it.  Recoil is a bit highier than the Karak, but the damage is respectable and the magazine size is good, and will hold you over until you get Boltor built.

Plus, you can build a second Grakata, and use them to craft the Twin Grakata secondary weapon, and really go to town on the bullets.

12 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

GRAKATA IS LOVE!
GRAKATA IS LIFE!

But yeah @Kereler, the Karak and Grakata are both solid options at your level, and both require mats found on Venus (they have the same resource cost actually).  Karak is a solid AR, with good damage and nice accuracy, making it a dependable choice at most ranges, while the Grakata is a bullet hose of an SMG that vomits lead down range so fast you need to see it to believe it.  Recoil is a bit highier than the Karak, but the damage is respectable and the magazine size is good, and will hold you over until you get Boltor built.

Plus, you can build a second Grakata, and use them to craft the Twin Grakata secondary weapon, and really go to town on the bullets.

Interestingly enough I already have the boltor nearly built. I decided to yolo a boltor build before buying the Karak BP, something that's bothering me since people seem to be singing the praises of the Karak.

Just now, Kereler said:

Interestingly enough I already have the boltor nearly built. I decided to yolo a boltor build before buying the Karak BP, something that's bothering me since people seem to be singing the praises of the Karak.

Karak is slightly more damaging (2 whole points of damage), but it deals primarily impact damage, which is good against Corpus shields, but suffers against Grineer armor.  Boltor deals bonus damage against Grineer, has a larger magazine size (60 shots to the Karak's 30) and uses a projectile instead of being hit scan, so there isn't much of a difference.  Most guns are perfectly viable through the entirety of the star chart with little difficulty.

Only real advantage the Karak has is that it has a V polarity by default, which lets you socket Serration significantly easier, but it'll be a while before you hit a point where that'll be important.