The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker spawn rate?

(PSN)The_Anoose

Question

So I was playing Hieracon early on today casually when Stalker came for my mark against the Seargant (nothing unusual there) and after he was killed he dropped a few rare resources. Later on while I was doing vault runs I used a beacon with the squad to see if he would drop anything good (War blueprint) and naturally I was pretty gassed but the FIRST mission after he spawned again. This time for my mark against Alad V?

I remember reading about a counter that reset once he spawns but that wouldn't make sense because he spawned earlier on in the day. Is his spawn rate affected by the number of marks you have or is it something else? 

10 answers to this question

Just now, (PS4)The_Anoose said:

I see. So if I go back and kill the Seargant again then I'll get my mark back although if my entire squad is marked there's a higher chance. Thanks for the information. 

Correct, you still have any marks from bosses, they don't stack, so they don't increase the spawn rate, it just makes it so your stalker mark doesn't go away because he showed up.  Having other people in your squad that is marked by him, does increase his spawn rate slightly yes.  

Firstly, he can mark you for more than one boss at a time (eg: you can be marked for Seargent and Alad in your case) unlike most other assassins. 

Second, IIRC he has a 2.5% chance to spawn in any mission with a marked player, plus 1.5% per each additional marked player. 

As far as I am aware, there is no counter that ticks up each mission you do without him spawning and resets after he does. 

ah so it wasnt just me he had a revenge streak on? I was trying to get Healing return for the past few days now (DE PLEASE ADD IT TO ALL CRAWLER TYPES, not just one) * ended up just buying it* and i think close to every 2nd run (on any of the DSS ranging from venus to jupiter) he would pop up...i was thinking I ticked him off or something ahhaah

Edited by xcynderx

1 hour ago, (PS4)The_Anoose said:

So I was playing Hieracon early on today casually when Stalker came for my mark against the Seargant (nothing unusual there) and after he was killed he dropped a few rare resources. Later on while I was doing vault runs I used a beacon with the squad to see if he would drop anything good (War blueprint) and naturally I was pretty gassed but the FIRST mission after he spawned again. This time for my mark against Alad V?

I remember reading about a counter that reset once he spawns but that wouldn't make sense because he spawned earlier on in the day. Is his spawn rate affected by the number of marks you have or is it something else? 

No counter, its just a small % he has to spawn in the first very minutes of a mission.  I had him spawn 3 times, Zenduka, and G3 all the in spam of 7 mission.  Then I went like 5 months without seeing him.  You can be marked by him for every boss, so you don't lose your mark for him once he invades you, you will however lose your mark for him for THAT boss.  So if you are Marked for Death by him for killing, Vor, Alad V and Jordas and he invades you for Jordas, you lose that mark but keep the other two.  You can then go kill Jordas and be remarked for him, and you can do that for every boss.  None of that chances his spawn rate though, as said about its low, 2.5% or somewhere around there.  It does increase by .5% for everyone in your squad marked by him, but other then that, its prey or becons.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

No counter, its just a small % he has to spawn in the first very minutes of a mission.  I had him spawn 3 times, Zenduka, and G3 all the in spam of 7 mission.  Then I went like 5 months without seeing him.  You can be marked by him for every boss, so you don't lose your mark for him once he invades you, you will however lose your mark for him for THAT boss.  So if you are Marked for Death by him for killing, Vor, Alad V and Jordas and he invades you for Jordas, you lose that mark but keep the other two.  You can then go kill Jordas and be remarked for him, and you can do that for every boss.  None of that chances his spawn rate though, as said about its low, 2.5% or somewhere around there.  It does increase by .5% for everyone in your squad marked by him, but other then that, its prey or becons.

I see. So if I go back and kill the Seargant again then I'll get my mark back although if my entire squad is marked there's a higher chance. Thanks for the information. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Correct, you still have any marks from bosses, they don't stack, so they don't increase the spawn rate, it just makes it so your stalker mark doesn't go away because he showed up.  Having other people in your squad that is marked by him, does increase his spawn rate slightly yes.  

Ah Okay. Thanks for the help.