Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge: Simarus Target w/no damage taken.

VKhaun

Question

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for completing this one?

V0Gr9VC.png

I've run three daily targets now trying to get it, including using the strategy listed on the wiki of Ivara starting Prowl before it spawns and just maintaining it, and I just can't seem to get it. 

Just completed my daily target and through for sure I'd done it but the mod still just shows the challenge. I saved the shadow play and watched it through on on increased speed... apparently I walked somewhat close to an orange laser beam thing on the Corpus gas planet cloud base set... and it zapped me for 100 shields... T_T

25 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Oh my god. I just realized I can equip the veiled mod. Do I have to have it equipped when doing the challenge? o.o

yes. you need to equip it. and you can use your abilities, just not in front of target. best bet is prowlvara from start, find him and scan from afar just to be sure. worked wonders for me

Get a friend and run a exterminate with him in front.  He can take damage.  And than he takes aggro of the Target.

2 minutes ago, Unholyrequiem said:

I'm still trying to come with a way to do level 30 exterminate without alerting anyone using an extinguished key. 

You need to not be seen.  It does not matter if they see the dead Corpse's.  Try doing the exterminate on sedna using loki or ivara and a very high damaging weapon.n  Like a Sniper or a Bow.

a0991f6bd8954a3b95846ea39adab392.png

The thing is that YOU can't do any of that.

Call a good partner, tell him/her to use Nezha and use the augment (Safeguard) + Warding Halo so you won't take any damage. Use Some strong CC ability to stop the target so you can scan it with ease and voila, you completed your challenge.

That's how I did it. I found it ultra easy thanks to the people who helped me.

I haven't had this challenge, so I haven't personally tried it, but a Kubrow might be of some use here. Sahasa and Sunika kubrows (maybe others too) will pin synthesis targets to the ground for more than enough time for it to be synthesized.

11 minutes ago, Unholyrequiem said:

I'm still trying to come with a way to do level 30 exterminate without alerting anyone using an extinguished key. 

I had that one. It's a pain and it took me several tries, but it's possible. What threw me off is that it's actually okay for them to notice bodies, they just can't see or come into physical contact with you. I used Loki with a Cover Lethality dagger and a Paris Prime (dagger finishers whenever possible, Paris Prime for when they get suspicious and can't be stealth killed).

Edited by MrPie5

never had this one myself  

shadow step with a crit weapon maybe ,but you have to be lucky enough that you can find things to hit to keep you in stealth when you find the target.                                                 if the target is unaware of you 6-10 secs would be enough to do it. 

1 minute ago, CaptainDavian said:

I managed to do it with rhino. The thing is you can use your abilities while you are away from syntesis target like iron skin or warding halo. Challenge fails IF you use abilities or traps after simaris told you that you found your target. I hope that helps.

If that's true that's awesome. thank you. 

1 hour ago, CaptainDavian said:

I managed to do it with rhino. The thing is you can use your abilities while you are away from syntesis target like iron skin or warding halo. Challenge fails IF you use abilities or traps after simaris told you that you found your target. I hope that helps.

I read this on the wiki, but something isn't fitting. I've done multiple runs where I fulfilled all the criteria (I think) between the notification and performing synthesis, but then did not get credit. Some aspect of the challenge -probably taking damage- is applying to all of the mission or something.

That's why I'm trying to slide through as Ivara and never take any damage at all. That last run I thought I'd done it, but damn that stupid orange laser thingie.

I have done this already. The trick is to team up with friend of yours and communicate. Let your friend kill everything while you stay close behind. A exterminate mission is the best mode for this. Make sure none of you use any powers, and once you find the scanning target just scan one of the dots and let your friend do the rest. Like if you like this strategy and if it helped you. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)WarWolf_01 said:

I have done this already. The trick is to team up with friend of yours and communicate. Let your friend kill everything while you stay close behind. A exterminate mission is the best mode for this. Make sure none of you use any powers, and once you find the scanning target just scan one of the dots and let your friend do the rest. Like if you like this strategy and if it helped you. 

This works guys, lol because i helped him do it.

30 minutes ago, plexus_brachialis said:

yes. you need to equip it. and you can use your abilities, just not in front of target. best bet is prowlvara from start, find him and scan from afar just to be sure. worked wonders for me

/facepalm

6 hours ago, VKhaun said:

Oh my god. I just realized I can equip the veiled mod. Do I have to have it equipped when doing the challenge? o.o

5 hours ago, plexus_brachialis said:

Thought I needed to go the whole mission undamaged and no abilities or something, but it looks like that's all I was doing wrong! Going to need to reroll this to get some other stats but I'm happy with the weapon. Re-rolling doesn't change the weapon it's for, does it? EDIT-- Wiki says no. Good. Got my Tiberon mod to reroll if I care to later.

EqkvQBk.png

Edited by VKhaun