The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Myconia: Infestation (OPEN IC RP)

Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

You make your way to where the sound came from. Voices come from the floor below.

"They knew the risks." Alad V says offhandedly. "We have the child. Zanuka, tell your brothers to pull back. We are done here."

A Nidus, standing still, looks around. Two Zanuka hunter proxies sit beside it. Another warbles and chirps up on a crate.

Matron starts towards Alad, who is directly below her, and does not seem away of your presence.

Nomad wasted no time once his gaze saw Alad, lifting up his Tigris and lining up a shot. Mind if I go in for a kill, Marton?"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A multitude of warning signs flash up as a hidden virus seeps into the warframe.

When they clear the frames is on its knees.

Alad V passes a hand over the helmet.

"Wake up, Tenno." He says. "There, feeling, heh, better?"

The frame stands on its own, and nods. The controls no longer answer your commands.

As sleeping child is in a small cryo-pod on top of a Lynx class proxy.

"Didn't expect anyone to, heh, actually download that data." He says. "Still, you Tenno are nothing if not thorough.

Two zanuka hunter proxy at right beside you, and a third watches from a perch on the roof.

"Haven't seen this warframe design before." He says. "Must be, hehe, new. I do so enjoy having new toys."

A frantic voice comes over the comms.

"Infested are everywhere." It says. "We need support."

Alad flicks the channel off.

"They knew the risks." He says offhandedly. "We have the child. Zanuka, tell your brothers to pull back. We are done here."

While he has control of your frame, you realize you can still speak.

Aegror tries to get a clearer look at the child before speaking.  His voice is hoarse, partially mingled with the infested overtone, as if it is distorted.  "What do you seek, scientist? And why do you wage a war you can never win?"

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

Nomad wasted no time once his gaze saw Alad, lifting up his Tigris and lining up a shot. Mind if I go in for a kill, Marton?"

The Lynx steps in between Nomad and Alad, as if given some command.

"Tenno." Alad says. "Why not come down an introduce yourself? We could be friends, like this fine fellow."

1 hour ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Aegror tries to get a clearer look at the child before speaking.  His voice is hoarse, partially mingled with the infested overtone, as if it is distorted.  "What do you seek, scientist? And why do you wage a war you can never win?"

"Oh I don't want to spoil the surprise." He says. "After all, we've, heh, just met. But don't worry. I'm sure with enough time we'll be... inseperable. I wonder, how does it feel to wear that second skin?"

"Tenno." Alad says. "Why not come down an introduce yourself? We could be friends, like this fine fellow."

"Oh I don't want to spoil the surprise." He says. "After all, we've, heh, just met. But don't worry. I'm sure with enough time we'll be... inseperable. I wonder, how does it feel to wear that second skin?"

Nomad sighs, his Tigris wouldn't tear through that, he knew that much. Thus he stepped towards Alad, still sticking close to the walls of the room. "I'm Tenno."

Aegror doesn't give any attention to the revelation of another tenno.  "Second skin?  Skin?  Is that what you think this is?"  After that, he begins to laugh, low, almost like a growl.  When he speaks again, his voice has more of an infested tone.  "This is the flesh, I am the mind.  Together, we are enlightened."

Nomad sighs, his Tigris wouldn't tear through that, he knew that much. Thus he stepped towards Alad, still sticking close to the walls of the room. "I'm Tenno."

"Oh, uh, forgive me." Alad says. "I err, sensed a Tenno presence. Or maybe it was just nerves. Never mind. Everyone is here now. We can begin."

"Oh, uh, forgive me." Alad says. "I err, sensed a Tenno presence. Or maybe it was just nerves. Never mind. Everyone is here now. We can begin."

"Begin? Begin what?" Nomad asked, a faint hint of curiousity lingering in his voice.

Aegror doesn't give any attention to the revelation of another tenno.  "Second skin?  Skin?  Is that what you think this is?"  After that, he begins to laugh, low, almost like a growl.  When he speaks again, his voice has more of an infested tone.  "This is the flesh, I am the mind.  Together, we are enlightened."

Alad actually nods.

"Oh, you'd think so." He says. "But the infestation is so... malleable. I'm sure an arrangement can be reached."

He seems more reckless than Tenno records indicate, and far too smug.

"Begin? Begin what?" Nomad asked, a faint hint of curiousity lingering in his voice.

He tilts his head at you.

"Interesting." He says, ignoring you questions. "Show me your arm."

He holds up a deadman's switch, a light beeping. The cryo-pod on the Lynx's back has a similar light, next to a shrapnel mine inside the glass.

"Carefully now." He says. "Wouldn't want to... heh, startle me."

Matron is starting at him with such fury that you can read it on what passes for her face.

"And call off your rabid pet." He says. 

Something shifts in the infestation behind him.

Alad actually nods.

"Oh, you'd think so." He says. "But the infestation is so... malleable. I'm sure an arrangement can be reached."

He seems more reckless than Tenno records indicate, and far too smug.

All traces of humor are gone from his voice.  "You cannot bargain with truth.  It simply is."  He strains to move his arm, his leg, to cast his larva.

All traces of humor are gone from his voice.  "You cannot bargain with truth.  It simply is."  He strains to move his arm, his leg, to cast his larva.

Alad notices and turns to you.

"Stop that!" He orders.

The warframe tightens to restrict motion. It appears he has to actually give orders to command it.

Something shifts behind him, pink "eyes" lighting up.

He tilts his head at you.

"Interesting." He says, ignoring you questions. "Show me your arm."

He holds up a deadman's switch, a light beeping. The cryo-pod on the Lynx's back has a similar light, next to a shrapnel mine inside the glass.

"Carefully now." He says. "Wouldn't want to... heh, startle me."

Matron is starting at him with such fury that you can read it on what passes for her face.

"And call off your rabid pet." He says. 

Something shifts in the infestation behind him.

Nomad looked at the deadman switch as he lifted up his arm, pulling up his sleeve to show the infestation on his arm. "She isn't my pet." He simply states as he glances at the shifting infestation. "You know, I find something funny in all of this. Tenno always called me a dead man walking, and I think I now know why."

Nomad looked at the deadman switch as he lifted up his arm, pulling up his sleeve to show the infestation on his arm. "She isn't my pet." He simply states as he glances at the shifting infestation. "You know, I find something funny in all of this. Tenno always called me a dead man walking, and I think I now know why."

He turns to you. For a moment there is almost something like pity in his voice.

"It is a wretched curse." He says, then his voice returns to normal. "But we have wasted enough time. Zanuka, notify the others. We are leaving. And tell the techs I am bringing back three prime specimens."

Alad notices and turns to you.

"Stop that!" He orders.

The warframe tightens to restrict motion. It appears he has to actually give orders to command it.

Something shifts behind him, pink "eyes" lighting up.

Aegror moves his arm just a bit, slowly, as to not be noticed.  he feels for the slot that he inserted the chip, and then attempts to remove it, starting a recent data purge.

He turns to you. For a moment there is almost something like pity in his voice.

"It is a wretched curse." He says, then his voice returns to normal. "But we have wasted enough time. Zanuka, notify the others. We are leaving. And tell the techs I am bringing back three prime specimens."

"Specimen?" Nomad asked, glancing over at the cryo-pod and than to Marton. All you are is a dead man walking... So why not save the others? It would be such a huge risk to do something like it, but the idea was just right there, so easy to do.

Aegror moves his arm just a bit, slowly, as to not be noticed.  he feels for the slot that he inserted the chip, and then attempts to remove it, starting a recent data purge.

The purge temporarily shuts down the frame. Alad whirls on you. "What?"

"Specimen?" Nomad asked, glancing over at the cryo-pod and than to Marton. All you are is a dead man walking... So why not save the others? It would be such a huge risk to do something like it, but the idea was just right there, so easy to do.

As Alad turns, something arcs out from the darkness and severs his arm. 

Pink light covers the switch, holding the button down and preventing 

The lights flicker as a hoard of infested, including a juggernaut, surge into the room. The proxies turn and open fire.

The lights go out and gunfire and screams echo, waking some primal part of you.

You find yourself bearing down on Alad as he tries to lug the pod onto a shuttle. 

He looks up and holds up his hands. 

Matron's corpse lies beside him, bisected, a tendril wrapped tightly around the pod.

"Wait." He says. "I'm not..."

Your clawed hand reaches out and siezes his throat. You see images of everything he has done surge before your eyes.

Some part of you, no longer small, wants to tear him apart.

A small warning beeps on the HUD, something unimportant, a clog in the delivery system.

{Give in to the bloodlust} {Fight it down}

Edited by Rakawan

The purge temporarily shuts down the frame. Alad whirls on you. "What?"

Aegror rushes the purge, leaving some of the data intact.  He then walks over to the pod, and looks for someway to open it.  He did all of this in a very, very calm manor, despite the obvious chaos happening around him.

The lights flicker as a hoard of infested, including a juggernaut, surge into the room. The proxies turn and open fire.

The lights go out and gunfire and screams echo, waking some primal part of you.

You find yourself bearing down on Alad as he tries to lug the pod onto a shuttle. 

He looks up and holds up his hands. 

Matron's corpse lies beside him, bisected, a tendril wrapped tightly around the pod.

"Wait." He says. "I'm not..."

Your clawed hand reaches out and siezes his throat. You see images of everything he has done surge before your eyes.

Some part of you, no longer small, wants to tear him apart.

A small warning beeps on the HUD, something unimportant, a clog in the delivery system.

{Give in to the bloodlust} {Fight it down}

Nomad was taken back by the surge of memories entering his mind. The pictures of all the bloodshed, everything this evil man had done, but what really pushed him over the edge was seeing Matron's body torn in half, trying to protect the child.

The desire to draw every bit of Alad's blood grow too strong to ignore, and he started slashing at the man, at his throat, at his chest, at his face. Nomad didn't want to leave the last bit of him recognisable.

Aegror rushes the purge, leaving some of the data intact.  He then walks over to the pod, and looks for someway to open it.  He did all of this in a very, very calm manor, despite the obvious chaos happening around him.

((Alad V is gone by the time the purge completes. You need to pay attention to both parts of the story and not try to rush things.))

Caught between infested and a new wave of human soldiers, the proxies fall to pieces.

Alad V is long gone, along with the pod. A woman in the soldiers uniform is talking to one of them.

Nomad was taken back by the surge of memories entering his mind. The pictures of all the bloodshed, everything this evil man had done, but what really pushed him over the edge was seeing Matron's body torn in half, trying to protect the child.

The desire to draw every bit of Alad's blood grow too strong to ignore, and he started slashing at the man, at his throat, at his chest, at his face. Nomad didn't want to leave the last bit of him recognisable.

The crewman in Alad V's disguised falls to shreds under your onslaught.

In your bloodlust you do not notice the real Alad V calmly take the pod and drag it into the vessel.

Time seems to stretch as you maul the body.

Finally something tears you away from the pile of flesh and a hand slaps you acrros the face. A Nemesis skinned Nyx is standing before you, pinning you to the wall with her other arm.

"Snap out of it Nomad!" She barks. "He's gone. It's over."

Do you:

{Snap out of it}

or

{Attack her} 

Edited by Rakawan

The crewman in Alad V's disguised falls to shreds under your onslaught.

In your bloodlust you do not notice the real Alad V calmly take the pod and drag it into the vessel.

Time seems to stretch as you maul the body.

Finally something tears you away from the pile of flesh and a hand slaps you acrros the face. A Nemesis skinned Nyx is standing before you, pinning you to the wall with her other arm.

"Snap out of it Nomad!" She barks. "He's gone. It's over."

This odd satisfaction of carving up someone using this new found power amazed him. Every passing second of it gave this feeling of satisfaction.

As soon as he is torn away he feels something leave him, clearing his mind. The slap across the face added to the effect. 

Some mad laugh slipped from Nomad's lips as he looked at the Nyx. "By the void, I'm really a dead man walking..." 

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

((Alad V is gone by the time the purge completes. You need to pay attention to both parts of the story and not try to rush things.))

Caught between infested and a new wave of human soldiers, the proxies fall to pieces.

Alad V is long gone, along with the pod. A woman in the soldiers uniform is talking to one of them.

Disturbed by the loss of Neewa, he lets out a low growl, and then looks for anyway to track Salad V.  He shoulders pass one of the soldiers, heading to look for any breaches which V could've slipped through, and anything he might've dropped.

This odd satisfaction of carving up someone using this new found power amazed him. Every passing second of it gave this feeling of satisfaction.

As soon as he is torn away he feels something leave him, clearing his mind. The slap across the face added to the effect. 

Some mad laugh slipped from Nomad's lips as he looked at the Nyx. "By the void, I'm really a dead man walking..." 

Her helmet collapses and you see with a start that there is no line between her flesh and the armor. Whatever she is is similar to your arm.

"Not yet." She says gently. "There's still time."

She turns and heads back towards where you came from.

"Come on." She says. "I've got an idea."

Disturbed by the loss of Neewa, he lets out a low growl, and then looks for anyway to track Salad V.  He shoulders pass one of the soldiers, heading to look for any breaches which V could've slipped through, and anything he might've dropped.

The odd human and another Nyx rejoin the group.

"You there." The woman calls. "A moment."

The guard does not seem eager to let you just walk around.

{Attack the soldiers} {Push past him} {join the huddle.}

Her helmet collapses and you see with a start that there is no line between her flesh and the armor. Whatever she is is similar to your arm.

"Not yet." She says gently. "There's still time."

She turns and heads back towards where you came from.

"Come on." She says. "I've got an idea."

Nomad shakes his head. Trying to clear off the last haze in his mind.

"An idea?" The guy asks, trailing behind the Nyx. 

The odd human and another Nyx rejoin the group.

"You there." The woman calls. "A moment."

The guard does not seem eager to let you just walk around.

{Attack the soldiers} {Push past him} {join the huddle.}

He stops, turning his head to face the woman.  "What?" the faint outline of a mouth pries open a small bit, barely showing the infested maw beneath the exterior shell, as if he was baring his teeth at her.