Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Drone Event, Boring And Unfaire? My Feedback.

Vakain

Usually, when posting your opinions, you're supposed to back it up with actual reasoning. Saying "I disagree" with no reason as to why is pretty much a waste of a forum post and is not constructive whatsoever.

Not saying there's anything wrong with disagreement, I'm more saying that you should provide reasons as to why you disagree. *shrugs*

Well since you put it like that,

I am all for friendly competition, I think that the rewards for killing more than the rest of the community show's drive and passion for something that they enjoy greatly. I love this game and feel good about how many kills I have achieved so far. I do not find it boring at all actually. Last night I and three of my good friends were on here playing for HOURS. It was great. I don't think I've had this much fun in a game since MWO Closed Beta. I think that the rewards are fair. I also think that IF its something you want very very badly, you and the people that are dedicated enough will find the drive to achieve greater things. This is my opinion. If you find that your Clan is actually not as passionate as you are about community events, perhaps find a new clan. Granted this thought process is not for most casual games, but hey that's how things are. Unfortunately casual gamers will have to be more than that to get some of the greater awards, and it is unfortunately they won't get some of the more special awards for being a casual gamer. Unfair I know, but that is the way of the world. 

I hope that satisfied your wonder, I was being so short since I am kinda grilling and semi playing when I'm not stoking the fire. :) 

I love you ~AyezRed

Well since you put it like that,

I am all for friendly competition, I think that the rewards for killing more than the rest of the community show's drive and passion for something that they enjoy greatly. I love this game and feel good about how many kills I have achieved so far. I do not find it boring at all actually. Last night I and three of my good friends were on here playing for HOURS. It was great. I don't think I've had this much fun in a game since MWO Closed Beta. I think that the rewards are fair. I also think that IF its something you want very very badly, you and the people that are dedicated enough will find the drive to achieve greater things. This is my opinion. If you find that your Clan is actually not as passionate as you are about community events, perhaps find a new clan. Granted this thought process is not for most casual games, but hey that's how things are. Unfortunately casual gamers will have to be more than that to get some of the greater awards, and it is unfortunately they won't get some of the more special awards for being a casual gamer. Unfair I know, but that is the way of the world. 

I hope that satisfied your wonder, I was being so short since I am kinda grilling and semi playing when I'm not stoking the fire. :) 

I love you ~AyezRed

A valid point, however you did not address the fact that this event punishes you (AND your Clan) for going into a group.

*to elaborate*  when everyones individual points counts towards a collective pool. thats both group and solo

Let me explain this again....

Clan A has 100 people and does 25 groups of 4 and finds 10 drones in 1 mission.

Clan B has 100 people and does 100 groups of 1 and finds 10 drones in 1 mission.

Clan A gets 250 kills out of that 1 mission.

Clan B gets 1000 kills out of that 1 mission.

How is that "Fair" or "Group"?

It isn't.

You, AND your Clan, are PUNISHED if you group up for this.

A valid point, however you did not address the fact that this event punishes you (AND your Clan) for going into a group.

Let me explain this again....

Clan A has 100 people and does 25 groups of 4 and finds 10 drones in 1 mission.

Clan B has 100 people and does 100 groups of 1 and finds 10 drones in 1 mission.

Clan A gets 250 kills out of that 1 mission.

Clan B gets 1000 kills out of that 1 mission.

How is that "Fair" or "Group"?

It isn't.

You, AND your Clan, are PUNISHED if you group up for this.

I did touch on that. I wouldn't call it punishment, also the amount of drones in a mission is completely random. I Don't think of it a punishment If I am having more fun, granted You might not kill as many drones, but I imagine it's not as much of a grind. the 25 groups of four might be able to outlast the soloers in that they can keep each other entertained in the game. Humans are social creatures. So yet again I disagree, your points are valid as a point of one person's opinion, however I fear that your thoughts of the reward system as "punishment" is slightly unfounded. Perhaps a little unfair, but hardly punishment. Again my opinion. 

Also the pork turned out fantastic, thx for asking. :D

I love you ~AyezRed

I did touch on that. I wouldn't call it punishment, also the amount of drones in a mission is completely random. I Don't think of it a punishment If I am having more fun, granted You might not kill as many drones, but I imagine it's not as much of a grind. the 25 groups of four might be able to outlast the soloers in that they can keep each other entertained in the game. Humans are social creatures. So yet again I disagree, your points are valid as a point of one person's opinion, however I fear that your thoughts of the reward system as "punishment" is slightly unfounded. Perhaps a little unfair, but hardly punishment. Again my opinion. 

Also the pork turned out fantastic, thx for asking. :D

I love you ~AyezRed

So you don't think that gaining only 25% of the progress constitutes "punishment" for going as a 4-man group?

That's a pretty.....large.... deal to have to do 4 times the work to get the same chance at a reward as the soloers get.

EDIT: If it were only 10% less, or 20% less progress I wouldn't mind it so much. But losing 75% of the reward because you went as a 4man group rather than the 4 people going solo is a pretty LARGE difference. If I really wanted to be social while doing it, I'd just Skype and go on solo missions.

Edited by Xylia

My only complaint is not all of the team getting the kill credit. Having a coop game vs only one person gets credit for a kill is as counter intuitive as having a mastery system where you only get credit for leveling a thing the first time vs prestige. On one hand you are attempting to encourage people to try everything, on the other hand you are offering a reward to choose your favorite weapon and frame and not get mastery points. In this event you have a coop game that encourages the player to play alone. Two examples of clearly juxtaposed intentions. It's like the Dev team has two heads and they are not taking to each other as they work on the game.  :/

So you don't think that gaining only 25% of the progress constitutes "punishment" for going as a 4-man group?

That's a pretty.....large.... deal to have to do 4 times the work to get the same chance at a reward as the soloers get.

EDIT: If it were only 10% less, or 20% less progress I wouldn't mind it so much. But losing 75% of the reward because you went as a 4man group rather than the 4 people going solo is a pretty LARGE difference. If I really wanted to be social while doing it, I'd just Skype and go on solo missions.

Yea but, your numbers are wrong to begin with since.......... The number of Informers is random, your points are therefor invalid and I'm done talking with someone who doesn't even have the right numbers that is all. I was trying to be cordial now I am done responding to someone who only wants to gripe about pointless stuff. In the time you spent on here you could be number one in kills that is all.....

~AyezRed

To be honest it's fine. Unless you're planning on stopping on exactly 20 kills for the reward then there is no real problem with playing with friends. Yeah it will probably take you twice the amount of missions if not more but you'll get there eventually.

You would think special events would be a great change to change things up from the typical grind.

But nope, here's special weekend event: grind things with poorly understood spawning mechanics. Those with the fewest real life obligations and the least valuable time get the biggest rewards! But farming takes so much effort you guys, seriously, I'm not joking, so hard.

Bottom line for me in this event, is that a cooperative game has an event where you are better off playing alone.

1) Public games are now even more likely to have someone rushing ahead, to collect all the informers. OR

2) People will play alone so that they get credit for every informer kill in their own games without having to split them with others.

If you want the Mod at the end of this, playing with friends will net you less informer kills than playing alone. That's not good game design for a cooperative game.

OP said :

So let's summarise the facts:

- To be 100% efficient you HAVE TO play ALONE in a coop game

- To have a slightly chance to compete to be in the top 100 "drone killer" - List,

you have to play 3 days straight - ALONE and everytime the same lame thing again

- "Border clans" got a huge advantage (like 900 members) or disadvantage (like 150 members) on the throphy hunting

I say: players like you are the reason soooo many games out there are getting dumbed down so all you have to do in most games to get cool stuff is just show up. 

where is the fun in that? where is the reward for your time invested? don't you think players out there want to have nice toys that others don't? the chance to get that awesome mod is there. you just have to spend a lot of time to get it. thats your reward for all the time put in! 

suck it up and play. or don't

What a bitter, shortsighted person.  This is a team game. Having an event that most greatly rewards players for NOT playing with anyone else is flat out stupid. COME PLAY OUR GAME. BRING YOUR FRIENDS. DON'T PLAY WITH THEM.

Yea but, your numbers are wrong to begin with since.......... The number of Informers is random, your points are therefor invalid and I'm done talking with someone who doesn't even have the right numbers that is all. I was trying to be cordial now I am done responding to someone who only wants to gripe about pointless stuff. In the time you spent on here you could be number one in kills that is all.....

~AyezRed

I posted theoretical numbers obviously. Personal experiences, I ran into between 8 to 12 drones per E Prime mission, solo.

So, for Ease of Math, I chose a number of 10 to theorize two Clans of 100 people doing the exact same thing, one split into groups of 4 and the other all 100 people going Solo.

Where exactly are you claiming my math is wrong?

I actually agree with all of your points. 

It is kind of annoying having to compete with rushers in missions just to get some drone kills and if you do want some, you'll need to rush as well or go play alone. 

I would really like the Primed Chamber Mod but I don't see myself working all weekend long to get it, some people just don't have the time when you have a family of your own. More power to the top 100 who do get the mod, because they deserve it but I would of preferred it to be less exclusive to top 100 and more like the OP said, kill 150 or so and you'll receieve the mod, more people will participate in the event. 

I've killed 33 of them already and to be honest, I don't even feel like farming them anymore, it's tedious and can be frustrating when going against rushers like I stated above and yeah I can go alone but thats just boring. 

I think a lot of people "MAY" feel the same as me, they reach 20+ Informers and just go back to Xini/Narc or something along those lines, which in turn hurts the general purpose of the event, which is community wide. 

Pretty much this and OP's post.  I hope they just award both.  I have to work all weekend and trying to farm for the Primed Chamber mod is futile.  There's always going to be some kid with nothing to do all weekend who will beat me.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

I say: players like you are the reason soooo many games out there are getting dumbed down so all you have to do in most games to get cool stuff is just show up. 

where is the fun in that? where is the reward for your time invested? don't you think players out there want to have nice toys that others don't? the chance to get that awesome mod is there. you just have to spend a lot of time to get it. thats your reward for all the time put in! 

suck it up and play. or don't

Some people work for a living and don't have the endless hours to invest into a game.  Suck it up and get a job, stop punishing the working class for your own unemployed gaming elitism.

Those with the fewest real life obligations and the least valuable time get the biggest rewards!

That's how life works. The more you put in the more you get out. It is not unfair in any way because you loose absolutely nothing if you don't compete. Got a 12 hour a day job? Cool, then play one hour a day and stop bothering with the events, nobody is forcing you to do it.

2873.jpg

I posted theoretical numbers obviously. Personal experiences, I ran into between 8 to 12 drones per E Prime mission, solo.

So, for Ease of Math, I chose a number of 10 to theorize two Clans of 100 people doing the exact same thing, one split into groups of 4 and the other all 100 people going Solo.

Your math is fine. In a large number of missions, the average number of observers tend toward the theoretical average. For 25-100 missions with 8-12 observers, you can consider 10 obs per mission and your math is statistically correct.

For future events, or even this one if they manage to change the rules in the middle of it, we want tiered rewards:

Per people:

-20 kills: SnipetronV

-100 kills: Exclusive mod or potato (for the SnipetronV)

-250 kills: Exclusive mod or potato (depending which one is at 100)

-500 kills: sentinel  cosmetic item? like "balloon wings"?

Per clan:

-20*(number of members) kills: observer statue

-100*(number of members) kills: "Live" captive drone to put in the grineer lab?

And of course kills are for EVERYONE in the game. At least so that the guy who joined the game yesterday and can't even get to the 15+ levels stand a chance if he has friends...

That's how life works. The more you put in the more you get out. It is not unfair in any way because you loose absolutely nothing if you don't compete. Got a 12 hour a day job? Cool, then play one hour a day and stop bothering with the events, nobody is forcing you to do it.

Your reasoning has a flaw: this is not life. This is a video game. People want to actually stand a chance to get the rewards without having to think about real life. We play games to forget about reality. Every time real life interfere in our not-real life, it is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. Normally it's just postponing, and we don't care. But this is a time-limited event.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Your reasoning has a flaw: this is not life. This is a video game. People want to actually stand a chance to get the rewards without having to think about real life. We play games to forget about reality. Every time real life interfere in our not-real life, it is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. Normally it's just postponing, and we don't care. But this is a time-limited event.

I agree, with LImited Time Events, having such gruelling competitions where to stand any sort of chance you have to basically do it the entire time the event is up and sleep as little as possible pretty much excludes anybody who has any sort of RL Obligations from ever having a chance to win.

Doesn't matter how much skill you have, doesn't matter how much effort you're willing to put into it, you're never going to win, because of people who have no jobs (or they're lucky enough to have Fri-Mon off) playing 24/7.

If it weren't for the Limited Time Event, you'd get your rewards or your goals, just slower than the 24/7 guy. But the Limited Time thing screws people who can't be on the whole time.

Edited by Xylia

I run a mission and farm about 20 kills, Me and two others literally just got through doing an endless defense about 50 total. That is why your numbers are wrong. 

I agree with the fact that solo = efficiency and that it really shouldn't be that way in a Co-op game.

I like playing solo from time to time, but for an event like this I would've much rather done it with friends/clanmates.

What's the point in doing a clan reward if you're forced to make your clan split up and all do it solo??

That's probably the only thing upsetting about this event for me.

So we've got a new event up and running.

Moving through grineer levels with lvl 15+ and destroying spydrones.

Sounds like a tenno - space ninja - easter hunt, doesn't it?

Well it is and that's something good. Something exciting!

Getting a Snipetron Vandal as reward for killing 20 drones and fullfilling it? Sweet!

But there are also some undeniable reverses in this event.

So my feedback so far about this weekend event is:

It's getting realy boring after some runs and it is also unfaire in respect of the additional reward for clans.

Please let me explain you my opinion:

Why boring?

Space ninja "easter hunt" - drone hunting is boring?

At first it sounds awesome. It's fun so search for them with your friends and all are "Hey over here I got one! 8D" but exactly there we've got one of the problems. When you play with friends you compete with them. Why?

Well like this:

We've got a 4 player group up and running. Starting the event from second 1 and we were quite excited about this. Searching through grineer levels and destroying these drones. The first run was quit fun!

We destroyed approximate 7 drones. So we thought about the sharing part. Does it count for EACH player in the game when somebody destroys a drone? Looking in our player profile we saw that 3 of us got "2" but the forth player only "1". So, no there's the answer. YOU compete with friends in a single game lobby about these damn drones. Needless to say that this build up some tension between the members. We wanted to play TOGETHER that's why we're playing a coop game and not against each other. So the only efficient way to kill them is to play alone in an own game. And this is just lame. I'm not playing a coop game to play all the way alone when I've got some friends and buddys in my list to play with or even clan members who I could support.

The event went from:

"Uh hey drone hunting! Yay let's get them! 8D"

to:

"Ugh ... guess we've to do it alone them ... hmm .___."

The emotion from most people recently went to:

"Uff ... let's get this S#&$ over with ... this is boring ... I want to farm defense missions for experience instead."

And REALY?

An event shouldn't cause THESE feeling for the players.

It's meant to have some more fun over a special weekend everyone was waiting for and not cause boredom and frustration.

Even the most important part of the game just went obsolete: The co-operation part. Having fun with friends.

So these are the reasons why it is boring.

Why is it unfaire?

For this we need some information, given us by the developers for the event:

- Kill 20+ Drones & receive a SNIPETRON VANDAL!

- Don’t stop at 20—the top 100 players will receive a PRIMED CHAMBER MOD- first shot in new clip gives +25% bonus damage per fusion level.

- Part of a clan?  The top clans from 4 pre-determined tiers will receive a GRINEER DRONE STATUE for their dojo -- awarded after Update 9 (see below for tier/reward details)

**Following are the Clan ‘tiers’ and Clan Rewards:

1-10 members: Top 10 Clans

11-100 members: Top 5 clans

101-1000 members: Top 3 clans

1001+ members: Top 3 clans

[end quote]

First point:

Kill 20+ drones & receive snipetron vandal?

Sweet. Nothing to say against this!

Second point:

Top 100 player will receive a special mod?

Well, okay. Competetive I can understand that but not in this way.

You are all aware that there are THOUSANDS of players out there around the world who play this game, right?

And only 100 of them get this mod?

I'm sorry but the fact that we've to do this alone to be 100% efficient makes it even more lame.

I don't want to play the game over the whole weekend ALONE only to farm these things. There will be also some players who refuse to sleep the night only to be in the top 100. And realy? Playing this stuff the 3 days again, again (alone!) aaand again alone only to receive a mod? To compete with people in a way that is simply NO fun at all? I think we agree that we all have to sleep, eat and do some other stuff on a weekend than to do something like that. I don't want to play the game the whole time only that I've got a chance against these 100% hardcore gamers who play 3 days straight. That isn't fun, now is it?

Even if you can get the mod afterwards as a drop (which is okay and good this way) it is still unfaire and the definition of no-fun for all coop loving players who don't spend 3 days straight on this.

Third point:

When I first heard about this idea I was totaly excited!

A trophy for a clan to show everyone that we took part in an event? Great! THAT'S the spirit!

But then I saw these "rules". Aaaand yes it was quite demoralising.

Why? Let's see about this:

Only 21 Clans out of dozens if not hundreds of them can get this reward.

Hm, okay ... competition I get the idea, but even so I didn't liked it at all.

As mentioned in the livestream there're 4% of all clans which contain only 1 person.

That's okay and absolutly fine if you want to build your own dojo!

But let's calculate about this:

A clan of only "1" person should compete with clans up to "10"?

So this one person have to do the "work" 10 times as hard only to have a slighlty chance to get this trophy?

What's even with bigger numbers!?

How about you're happy your clan reached 150 and NOW you compete with a clan with 900 members?

Now the "150 member" clan have to work 6 times as hard to compete with the "900 member" clan to even have a slightly chance to be in the top 3! Plus the fact: EVERYONE ALONE to be 100% efficient. REALY?!

Try to make a clan ordering THIS to your members!

"Hey we want to win and we don't care if you want to have fun but you have to play all alone and farm these things 3 days straight ..."

THIS is the very definition of unfaire. I'm sorry but I'm realy frustrated and demoralized by this fact / these facts.

- To have a slightly chance to compete to be in the top 100 "drone killer" - List,

you have to play 3 days straight - ALONE and everytime the same lame thing again

- "Border clans" got a huge advantage (like 900 members) or disadvantage (like 150 members) on the throphy hunting

So these are the most important facts which lead me to the conclusion:

"This event sucks. Lame, demoralizing, unfaire and against the spirit of coop."

But I don't want to rant about it without stating some ideas to make it better because I love this game!

- Please allow this "drone counter" to count for EVERYONE in the game session! The session killed 8 drones? So every player got "8 kills" added to theire drone kill - counter! THIS encourages coop! This is what the game is about!

- You already killed 20 drones, so your snipetron vandal is secured for you, okay! But how about killing like 100 or 150 drones to get an awesome mod?! More encouraging because the players get the feeling "WE can do it! It is possible! I can get the reward!" This als encourages them to play together and even longer for this event! Together they can be more efficient to search and destroy these drones when they spread out in the mission!

- Giving EVERY clan the chance to obtain this trophy for theire dojos! Why? You think it's nice to have a bit competetive, of course, yes it is but not under THESE circumstances! And wouldn't you like to have players staning in theire dojo infront of the trophy to proudly present this statue with

"Look at this! WE took part in this event in this early state of the game and we did it! We've got a goal and we succeded to reach it because of our teamwork! This is the price which WE achieved all together!"

rather than

"Ugh yeah there was an event with farming drones but we haven't had the number of players to compete in any chance, screw this anyway ..."

Give all of the clans a chance! Every player counts! We all want to have fun! Give them all a goal like (only an idea of mine):

Members of the clan * 100 = Goal to get this trophy in the dojo

THIS is a solid number and ALL the players can see and are able to reach it, TOGETHER! In co-operational mode! Like this game is made for!

So that's all so far.

I realy hope the developers can read and think about this.

But for now it's about your opinion. What do YOU think?

Could you follow my thoughts? Do you agree or disagree and why?

I love this game and want to play it with friends for lots of fun and I hope I can improve this for all of us!

Sincerely

Vakain

No.

Just no.

Run Ember with maxed WoF, Stretch, Focus, Continuity, Rush, Quick Rest, Marathon and additional mods on Kappa.

Use Dual Zoren speed trick and just keep running around demolishing everything, even in bigger lobbies.

You can EASILY get 30 Drones a round in a full squad.

I run a mission and farm about 20 kills, Me and two others literally just got through doing an endless defense about 50 total. That is why your numbers are wrong. 

I'm with Xylia for those numbers, I get 8-12 on average per mission, with 8 minutes per run. Best I got was 20 in 7 minutes. 1-1.5 per minute per game seems about right, the number of missions is kinda irrelevant, it's about how fast you can get kills, and if the timer I'm seeing is about right, the answer is "not fast enough".

I killed my 20 and that was that. If I run into any more on my travels I'll be sure to take them out, but I won't go out of my way to look for them past this point.

Why so nonchalant, Pete? Well, I work 50 hours a week and I can set aside four hours at the most to play this game each night, and during that time I want to run lots of different areas, fight all three kinds of enemies and generally have a varied and interesting experience - running E Prime over and over again popping drones that don't even do anything (it'd be a lot more fun if they were actually a threat - like, say, a beefed up Fusion drone) is antithetical to this goal, and I just can't bother my arse.

I don't mind farm - it happens as you play normally, for the most past - and I love the community interaction and this last chance to grab a Snipetron (seriously DE, you've done me and everyone else who reset a solid), but for me this event is donkey work.

Edit: To clarify, I don't care about the other rewards - those are for people who actually have some time to waste, and I can accept that I'm never going to hit that target - that's cool, I'm just here for the gun. My beef is that the event is boring.

Edited by UnearthedArcana