Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy Drone Event, Boring And Unfaire? My Feedback.

Vakain

I killed my 20 and that was that. If I run into any more on my travels I'll be sure to take them out, but I won't go out of my way to look for them past this point.

Why so nonchalant, Pete? Well, I work 50 hours a week and I can set aside four hours at the most to play this game each night, and during that time I want to run lots of different areas, fight all three kinds of enemies and generally have a varied and interesting experience - running E Prime over and over again popping drones that don't even do anything (it'd be a lot more fun if they were actually a threat - like, say, a beefed up Fusion drone) is antithetical to this goal, and I just can't bother my arse.

I don't mind farm - it happens as you play normally, for the most past - and I love the community interaction and this last chance to grab a Snipetron (seriously DE, you've done me and everyone else who reset a solid), but for me this event is donkey work.

Edit: To clarify, I don't care about the other rewards - those are for people who actually have some time to waste, and I can accept that I'm never going to hit that target - that's cool, I'm just here for the gun. My beef is that the event is boring.

This, oh so much this. What I'm also worried about is that there will be so many people who can't be bothered having to punch in and work a 9 hour day just to meet this dang quota. Why isn't it enough for the players to earn their reward by killing 20 and then buggering off with the people who have that kind of time to spend compete for the totally optional mod and/or trophy?

Seriously though, this event is just so grindy it's unreal and it's getting pretty tedious. By the looks of it I'm going to be waging a one man war against the Grineer for 7 hours just to *maybe* help complete this.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

I agree with your points however i think we need to look at this as a learning experience for de and be a little more patient

Yes, well, if I don't get my Snipetron because of an Event that was designed in such a way to discourage 90% of the playerbase from killing more than 20 drones, I don't think I'm going to be very happy.

Face it, unless you're a hardcore who can play Warframe for 40+ hours in 2 days, you don't stand a chance at getting a mod.

If you're not a clan who have voted to try for a statue (and be near the upper end of a bracket), your clan don't stand a chance.

If you don't fit into one of those categories.... what reason do you possibly have to want to kill large numbers of these things for? You won't be getting any reward out of it beyond the Snipetron that you get from killing 20.

Let's face it, we're at 40% with 27 hours remaining. The way this event is designed is killing peoples' enthusiasm in it. This would have been such an awesome event if things were tweaked a little, and that's what is sad about this. They're either going to have to bend the rules, extend the event, or just say "Nope, sorry, you guys don't get anything." .... if they bend the rules or extend the event, the hardcores are going to be complaining about other people not doing "their share".....sorry, Hardcores. I have a life and I don't really have much of any motivation to take extra time off to grind out something I'm not going to see a reward from (beyond the gun which I already killed my quota for).

Now if there were a reward at 100, 200, etc... hey I might shoot for it and so would other people and you'd see that % move a little faster.

But there isn't.

If they say "Nope, Sorry, you don't get your gun." then expect to see a LOT of unhappy people. Some might even quit playing altogether. Which is a bad situation for DE.

EDIT: Best-case scenario is that DE secretly budges the meter to make sure it fills in, as they'd dodge a Lot of headaches and player rage, or better yet, the players somehow magically fill the bar in before the timer runs out.

Edited by Xylia

I run a mission and farm about 20 kills, Me and two others literally just got through doing an endless defense about 50 total. That is why your numbers are wrong. 

Okay, so if Clan A has 12 people doing solo runs and each one gets 20 a run, that's 240, right? 

And if Clan B has 12 people in groups of four that each get 20 a run, that's 60, right? 

Are the numbers right yet? 

So let's summarise the facts:

- To be 100% efficient you HAVE TO play ALONE in a coop game

No.

Just no.

Run Ember with maxed WoF, Stretch, Focus, Continuity, Rush, Quick Rest, Marathon and additional mods on Kappa.

Use Dual Zoren speed trick and just keep running around demolishing everything, even in bigger lobbies.

You can EASILY get 30 Drones a round in a full squad.

That must suck for the other people in the squad with you. 

Okay, so if Clan A has 12 people doing solo runs and each one gets 20 a run, that's 240, right? 

And if Clan B has 12 people in groups of four that each get 20 a run, that's 60, right? 

Are the numbers right yet?

lol.

Apparently the other guy doesn't know much about Algebra and how %s work.

That got a chuckle out of me, hehe.

Looks like OP is a sore loser. Was there no one in your life to teach you how to handle a little competition?

Eh...

Like I said earlier in this thread.... if you're not a hard-core no-lifer who doesn't mind playing Warframe 48 hours straight, you don't have much of any chance of winning the Mod competition, and if your guild is not near a threshold limit, your guild has no chance of winning a statue.

Look at the 101-1000 bracket. Are you seriously telling me that you think any 101-700 guild has any chance at all of winning the statue against a guild that has 700+ players?

Edited by Xylia

Your reasoning has a flaw: this is not life. This is a video game. People want to actually stand a chance to get the rewards without having to think about real life. We play games to forget about reality. Every time real life interfere in our not-real life, it is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. Normally it's just postponing, and we don't care. But this is a time-limited event.

Your reasoning is also flawed. What is a video game?

Definition:An electronic or computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.

Is there any part of all players get an equal chance to get something? In F2P is there any idea that includes free items not being exclusive? You want to forget reality, well fact is we all compete at different levels. If you have a big expensive car or house outside in real life is it exclusive to you? Do other people want it and even can't get it after they die?

That is in essences greed. You have commitments in real life situations, but you choose to forget about them. You want a time to relax and forget than you can play this game a few times a week, maybe a few times a day, but to say that you can commit yourself to everything in life, that is just shows plain greed.

There are things you have to give up in life as you know outright you can't get it. How about no-lifers, do they ever get a chance to fight for the same bread as you with a proper job and family? "Oh well they didn't have a proper education or didn't attempt to live a proper life, serves them right" Is that fair? Clearly a self centered thought would say yes. They have nothing else to compete in but a game, you have other priorities in life and yet you still desire to compete it here, than your priorities are wrong.

Yes this event is lame as fk but at least we're getting actual events. This gives people something to do while we wait for end game content.

I'd just like to be able to hunt bots with my clan, for my clan. Shame that not playing together is the best way to get the statue. 

I'd just like to be able to hunt bots with my clan, for my clan. Shame that not playing together is the best way to get the statue. 

^^

Finally someone who gets it, as to why this event needed some serious tweaks before it was launched.

An Event.... that heavily encourages each and every clan to go solo.... for a reward that benefits the whole clan......in a MULTIPLAYER game.

"Here's a Multiplayer game, with random grouping AND clan grouping, here's a bunch of mobs and situations clearly designed for Multiplayer matches, with challenges tailored for multiplayer. We're going to stick an event in the game that is nearly impossible to win unless everybody in your clan goes solo because if you don't solo, you have to do four times the work to get the same score as the people who solo."

Not only that, but you don't have TIME to do the 4x Work. You have two and a half days to kill as many as you can. Having to work 4x harder than the soloers just isn't feasible.

So basically if you group, you lose. Plain and Simple. "Group Up, Lose" in a Multiplayer game.

That just makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Xylia

So let's summarise the facts:

- To be 100% efficient you HAVE TO play ALONE in a coop game

No.

Just no.

Run Ember with maxed WoF, Stretch, Focus, Continuity, Rush, Quick Rest, Marathon and additional mods on Kappa.

Use Dual Zoren speed trick and just keep running around demolishing everything, even in bigger lobbies.

You can EASILY get 30 Drones a round in a full squad.

WOW, that's awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better example of how this event discourages teamwork and coop play. Do you understand that only the player who gets the kill on the drone gets credit? Your example sir pretty much states "I get my kills and screw the rest of the team". The point of the OP and some others is that the whole team should get credit for the kill somehow. If you roll along as you describe you get all drone kills and nobody else gets any so all those who happen to be in your group would have been 100% better off playing solo as compared to playing with you or anyone like you. Your above description is exactly why the way the drone kill count is counter coop.

Prior event: fun, encouraged teamwork, was great even if you got your cards to help others get their cards.

This event: bad, soul crushing grind, conflicts with core aspects of the game, feels cheaply put together.

This event could have been better if drones were harder to find and we didn't need to farm them all weekend to get the reward. Something like lotus giving you cryptic transmissions and then you need to figure out which missions to run to hunt drones. Then have tiered rewards for kills scored. That way everyone can get what they want and determine just how many they wanna kill. And you could still give out prizes for top hunters. Hell, this event would be better if the drones dropped rare resources/fusion cores on kill. Then you really wouldn't mind grinding them out so much cause at least you're still making some kind of personal progress and everyone benefits from a kill, even if they didn't score it.

I run a mission and farm about 20 kills, Me and two others literally just got through doing an endless defense about 50 total. That is why your numbers are wrong. 

Lol, I didn't see a single one on defense missions.

Your reasoning is also flawed. What is a video game?

Definition:An electronic or computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.

Is there any part of all players get an equal chance to get something? In F2P is there any idea that includes free items not being exclusive? You want to forget reality, well fact is we all compete at different levels. If you have a big expensive car or house outside in real life is it exclusive to you? Do other people want it and even can't get it after they die?

That is in essences greed. You have commitments in real life situations, but you choose to forget about them. You want a time to relax and forget than you can play this game a few times a week, maybe a few times a day, but to say that you can commit yourself to everything in life, that is just shows plain greed.

There are things you have to give up in life as you know outright you can't get it. How about no-lifers, do they ever get a chance to fight for the same bread as you with a proper job and family? "Oh well they didn't have a proper education or didn't attempt to live a proper life, serves them right" Is that fair? Clearly a self centered thought would say yes. They have nothing else to compete in but a game, you have other priorities in life and yet you still desire to compete it here, than your priorities are wrong.

I understand that life is by essence unfair and that not everyone get an equal chance to get things. But in video games we make up all the rules. We CAN give everyone an equal chance. And if we don't, what's the point? If you want to screw over other people and gloat about how you got something they don't, stay in the real world.

I am fine with some items being exclusive to people paying (devs have to earn their bread), as long as it doesn't impair free players' game experience. The way DE does it is exemplary and I like them very much for it.

I am fine with the vandal items being exclusive. It's a reward to all players being there at a given point. I joined too late for the braton and lato Vandal, and I'm only a little bit upset at myself for not joining earlier.

I am fine with the mod being exclusive to the top 100 players IF it start dropping for everyone later on, even very rare. That way, you can choose to grind drones now for the mod or grind other missions later, if you couldn't hope to compete with other people during the event for whatever reason.

What I am absolutely not fine with is items being one-time exclusive AND top-something exclusive. Namely, the statue.

I am not greedy. I just want my games to not be abusive girlfriends and ask me to forfeit my real life for something they offer. Because they're games, not real life. The rules here are different.

In a different, borderline political debate, people should get equal chances to get things in real life as well. Saying that people with no job or family can't get "the same bread" as people who do "serves them well" is inhuman and people thinking that have a cold metallic lump instead of an heart.

Call me a filthy commie all you want, but I want Real Life to be F2P.

Agree with OP, current event prefers solo play,  and with this setting such tiers for guilds is lame. As OP said, guild with 800 players will get on average 4 times more kills then guild with 200, being in same tier. Plus, info should note in what way we get Snipetron, as ready to go gun or BP.  Again, it was community that stated that kills are individual even when playing in group. Such info is important for those who plan to participate. For example I didn't get Frost prime stuff despite my profile saying I killed like 12 Fusion MOAs, I can't even get if I am qualified to get anything so more detailed info on event needed.

Edited by Aedwynn

I understand that life is by essence unfair and that not everyone get an equal chance to get things. But in video games we make up all the rules. We CAN give everyone an equal chance. And if we don't, what's the point? If you want to screw over other people and gloat about how you got something they don't, stay in the real world.

I am fine with some items being exclusive to people paying (devs have to earn their bread), as long as it doesn't impair free players' game experience. The way DE does it is exemplary and I like them very much for it.

I am fine with the vandal items being exclusive. It's a reward to all players being there at a given point. I joined too late for the braton and lato Vandal, and I'm only a little bit upset at myself for not joining earlier.

I am fine with the mod being exclusive to the top 100 players IF it start dropping for everyone later on, even very rare. That way, you can choose to grind drones now for the mod or grind other missions later, if you couldn't hope to compete with other people during the event for whatever reason.

What I am absolutely not fine with is items being one-time exclusive AND top-something exclusive. Namely, the statue.

I am not greedy. I just want my games to not be abusive girlfriends and ask me to forfeit my real life for something they offer. Because they're games, not real life. The rules here are different.

In a different, borderline political debate, people should get equal chances to get things in real life as well. Saying that people with no job or family can't get "the same bread" as people who do "serves them well" is inhuman and people thinking that have a cold metallic lump instead of an heart.

Call me a filthy commie all you want, but I want Real Life to be F2P.

So we know there are boundaries to everything. Commitment is the hardest form of sacrifice in most cases and it hardly ever works towards someones desire. What you say is true, that who would want this game to be your abusive girlfriend, but overall it plays into the idea that we have unlimited wants we can't satisfy all, we can only satisfy as much efficiently, there will be exclusivity. 

However i will say that i hardly, or maybe a few spots ever see anyone gloat about exclusive items unless they are your friends or rivals. The amount of bragging rights in this game can be insane, but almost no one does it which is something we should question that saying that others will gloat is a short sighted idea and can hardly be substantiated here in the forums.

There is little topics about existing vandal weapons, only a very small handful about buffing it. Whereas what are the majority topics on vandal weapons? It is about it being strong, being rare, people wanting their second chance at it. It is as though they can't ever be content with what you have. Doesn't that sound childish?

Finally on your final point, you may say that it is inhumane, but in the real world this is what people tell me all the time. I wish i can repress this reality that only a few have a chance in this world, but we are gifted we are blessed compared to the other 60 or 70% of the worlds population to be in a home with a computer even discussing what we are now. The rest struggle, life without these luxuries and they have to stay happy with what they have and what others tell them.

So why can't we give this people the benefit of the doubt. The fact we are arguing that the primed chamber mod event is unfair just reinforces the solid idea of divide and conquer not co-operate and co-exist. DE given how they don't allow for balloon kills to add together already combats the idea to co-operate and co-exist. However to no accept those who are working hard as we speak to get those mods is like saying their effort is not worth my time.

It seems to me the main issue here is kills only counting for player who gets it, and the tier reward system being a bit, well insane!

I am in a 2 man clan, we have played various games over the years so its unlikely there will be more than us, at first we were going through getting drone kills, we quickly got our 20, we did a few more runs, getting one kill each, at first it seemed like there was a kind of added element of cooperation, one of us calling the position, the other coming to get his kill.

Then I did a few solo runs, when I was on myself, I racked up about 50+ in 2 runs. So it dawned on me that it was a pointless excerise, we cannot in anyway shape or form compete with the top clans, it is literally impossible, even if we spent every single hour of this weekend and as a team we certaintly arent going to be running through levels competing against each other to try & get on the "top list".

After a few hours yerterday we stopped getting them and just went back to just playing the game, If we come across them we kill them onsite, they really have nothing more to offer us so why bother going out to look for them, if we get the snipertron, yay thats cool, but im not really botherred either way.

(there are plenty of rarer mods, split chamber, auger, barrel diffusion, master theif, etc,. Even giving these out for 100+, 200+ kills would have encourage a good number of people keep at it)

Its good to have community events, and this is not something that is really going to effect my enjoyment of this game, but it would probably help not to encourage people to play alone and that is exactly what this event has done, I actually found it hard to find a public game earlier & I suspect that may because of the numbers of people now playing solo to try & get a bunch of drone kills! (although that is in no way confirmed, thats just what I think)

@Jacate: I'll say it a third time, I am fine with the Vandal exclusivity. I am fine with the Primed Chamber exclusivity IF and only IF there is a way, no matter how hard, to get it at some point in the future. What I'm not fine with is the statue exclusivity.

TL:DR, there are good exclusivities and bad exclusivities. This event includes bad exclusivities and it is my right to complain about it. Real life contain bad exclusivities and I complain about it, even if I'm on the good side of it for the most part.

For me this is a very BORING event.

20 was easy 2 runs and it's done.

But the grind to fill the bar and for the mod is just not fun.

It's better to go solo as many have pointed out, and it's the same map with the same boring mobs over and over. I see no fun in that.

They should have made it a mob that shoot back and put it on all missions with the right faction.

Make the mobs scale in dificulty and reward. Say att the outer planets the mobs get harder to kill and you need friends to kill them, but they also give say 3-4 on the counter. So 1 kill on a lvl 10 world is 1 kill on your counter, 1 kill on 25-30 is 3 kills for your counter.

And throw in mini bosses that need 3-4 players to kill because of mechanics not just hp pool, and those give 10 or 20 kills. Skill and coop should be rewarded.

And make all kills count for the group not the single player.

This would be way more fun specialy minibosses.

@Jacate: I'll say it a third time, I am fine with the Vandal exclusivity. I am fine with the Primed Chamber exclusivity IF and only IF there is a way, no matter how hard, to get it at some point in the future. What I'm not fine with is the statue exclusivity.

TL:DR, there are good exclusivities and bad exclusivities. This event includes bad exclusivities and it is my right to complain about it. Real life contain bad exclusivities and I complain about it, even if I'm on the good side of it for the most part.

So what is a good exclusive? Excal prime? Does that mean all exclusive through events are bad? Because clearly what you are saying is that you are fine with it being exclusive but not exclusive at the same time(which is just confusing).

If there is only one way to getting an item it is deemed exclusive, like excal prime can only be bought, not farmed or whatever. So if we have event exclusives they are all bad from what i can get, than what is the point of having the whole event in the first place?

Premise one: Exclusives can only be gotten through one way without any exception.

Premise two: Primed chamber should be acquirable through another way in the future after event.

Conclusion: Primed Chamber is not an exclusive item.

That is the logic presented. So DE shouldn't even be allowing players to get their snipertron because it is a bad exclusive which doesn't allow future new players to acquire such a weapon. So simply there shouldn't be time periods and it should be put in alerts for it to be a good exclusive. So no one has to work hard for it, it would just be their luck if alert is on while they are no at home.

I am sorry for sounding offensive, but the fact is it just means there should be no exclusive and it should be available to everyone. Even Exclusives must extend infinitely, then what is the point of commitment to this game? Where is your time investment?

Are we trying to say we shouldn't make tough decisions because it is saying as i emphasize, "People don't care for the effort that the top 100 put in to get their desire as it is not worth the cost of those who are not even allowed to get this mod." That is how ridiculous it sounds. We don't appreciate effort of others who are hardworking and hardwork should be left to real life. Then games should be mindless dribble. Sadly that is not what any game developer does.

Edited by Jacate

So what is a good exclusive? Excal prime? Does that mean all exclusive through events are bad? Because clearly what you are saying is that you are fine with it being exclusive but not exclusive at the same time(which is just confusing).

If there is only one way to getting an item it is deemed exclusive, like excal prime can only be bought, not farmed or whatever. So if we have event exclusives they are all bad from what i can get, than what is the point of having the whole event in the first place?

Premise one: Exclusives can only be gotten through one way without any exception.

Premise two: Primed chamber should be acquirable through another way in the future after event.

Conclusion: Primed Chamber is not an exclusive item.

That is the logic presented. So DE shouldn't even be allowing players to get their snipertron because it is a bad exclusive which doesn't allow future new players to acquire such a weapon. So simply there shouldn't be time periods and it should be put in alerts for it to be a good exclusive. So no one has to work hard for it, it would just be their luck if alert is on while they are no at home.

I am sorry for sounding offensive, but the fact is it just means there should be no exclusive and it should be available to everyone. Even Exclusives must extend infinitely, then what is the point of commitment to this game? Where is your time investment?

Are we trying to say we shouldn't make tough decisions because it is saying as i emphasize, "People don't care for the effort that the top 100 put in to get their desire as it is not worth the cost of those who are not even allowed to get this mod." That is how ridiculous it sounds. We don't appreciate effort of others who are hardworking and hardwork should be left to real life. Then games should be mindless dribble. Sadly that is not what any game developer does.

I think that the issue with exclusivity here is that only 100 people can get it, and if those 100 people have a head start, we have no way of aquiring it. If you could work towards it and earn it regardless of how anyone else is performing, it'd be fine, but if this mod is exclusive (which I'm pretty certain it isn't), then that is a serious problem.

Exclusives are fine, as long as anyone can earn them with enough time and effort. In this case, I could play this game for 12 hours straight farming super efficiently, but it's not enough for me to earn a place in that top 100.

Primed chamber is fine as a temporary exclusive. The event allows you to get it earlier, and getting it later is going to ask you to grind anyway, so nobody else than the top 100 will have it for quite a while, but others will get there eventually. Good "exclusive".

SnipetronV is given to everyone who was here and did minimal effort. This is good exclusivity because nearly everyone who plays warframe during the event can got it.

The statue is a bad exclusive because only a very limited number of people can get it, and the way of getting it is rigged (101-500 people clans will never see it, nor the 1-people clans.).

Basically a good exclusive should be available to everyone who works hard enough. Everyone, not a top 100 or top 21 or anything. Even if it's available in a limited time frame.

also:

ex·clu·sive[ik-skloo-siv, -ziv] Show IPA

adjective

1.not admitting of something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive plans of action.
2.omitting from consideration or account (often followed by of  ): a profit of ten percent, exclusive of taxes.
3.limited to the object or objects designated: exclusive attention to business.
4.shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.
5.fashionable; stylish: to patronize only the most exclusive designers.

Our definition here is somewhere between 3 and 4. "Exclusive" means that some people have it and some people don't. There is nothing about "Exclusives can only be gotten through one way without any exception.". Technically, all items are exclusive to the people who farmed/bought them.