Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Capacity

(XBOX)freakytiki3

Question

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

No, the cap stays at 15.  You will be able to buy more slots with plat.  If I remember correctly, it's 60 plat for 3 slots with a hard limit of 60 slots.

This is right. 60pl for 3 slots.

DE created a fake issue and now make you pay to go over the issue

25 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

This is right. 60pl for 3 slots.

DE created a fake issue and now make you pay to go over the issue

I saw a lot of posts suggesting increasing the space for rivens, even if it would involve plat. However, it's possible that DE thought about it from the start.

1 minute ago, Suncake said:

I saw a lot of posts suggesting increasing the space for rivens, even if it would involve plat. However, it's possible that DE thought about it from the start.

The thing is, they created riven in a way that each riven take waaaaay more space than a regular mod. Therefore all these rivens take a lot of space in their database.

So they limit the amount of rivens you can collect and allow you to pay to extend this limit while still having a MAX limit you can't extend (60)

The problem here is that they could've created rivens differently and avoid all this database mess, and still make money for selling some riven slot.

But nope.

And 60pl for 3 slots is ridiculously expensive. I have no idea how they didn't laugh at this idea when someone suggested it.

7 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The thing is, they created riven in a way that each riven take waaaaay more space than a regular mod. Therefore all these rivens take a lot of space in their database.

So they limit the amount of rivens you can collect and allow you to pay to extend this limit while still having a MAX limit you can't extend (60)

The problem here is that they could've created rivens differently and avoid all this database mess, and still make money for selling some riven slot.

But nope.

And 60pl for 3 slots is ridiculously expensive. I have no idea how they didn't laugh at this idea when someone suggested it.

I see, when a regular mod would be a single number, a riven mod is a relatively big bunch of numbers.

You mean storing them on the client's side? That inevitably leads to hax and exploits.

It is ridiculously expensive, but I want to believe that there were some calculations and considerations before they decided to make it 60 plat for 3 slots. Like, 75% discount (on plat) occuring once in a week or two is also ridiculous, isn't it?

Edited by Suncake

2 minutes ago, Suncake said:

You mean storing them on the client's side? That inevitably leads to hax and exploits.

That's not what I meant. While I do believe "loadouts" could be saved on client's side, rivens can't.

What I meant is they could've created riven with less random variable, that would reduce the differences between all rivens and therefore take less space.

Example :

take 2 rivens that have the same attributes and level AND the same weapon ( ex : 2 riven for sybaris that give damage and crit damage)

What do they still have different from each other ? Everything else actually.

The amount of cycle / the polarity / probably the mastery rank requirement

But most important of all, they have different stats. One can give +102% damage while the other give 105% damage.

They could've introduced a special polarity for all riven for example, and some fixed stats, and rivens would already take way less space.

(these are just examples, I thought about making a suggestion thread regarding this but once again i'm afraid of being completely ignored by DE)

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's not what I meant. While I do believe "loadouts" could be saved on client's side, rivens can't.

What I meant is they could've created riven with less random variable, that would reduce the differences between all rivens and therefore take less space.

Example :

take 2 rivens that have the same attributes and level AND the same weapon ( ex : 2 riven for sybaris that give damage and crit damage)

What do they still have different from each other ? Everything else actually.

The amount of cycle / the polarity / probably the mastery rank requirement

But most important of all, they have different stats. One can give +102% damage while the other give 105% damage.

They could've introduced a special polarity for all riven for example, and some fixed stats, and rivens would already take way less space.

(these are just examples, I thought about making a suggestion thread regarding this but once again i'm afraid of being completely ignored by DE)

Ah, that would make sense. You still could try creating a thread with your suggestion, there's a chance that it will get through. The chance is probably the same with getting a legendary core from sorties, though.

14 minutes ago, Suncake said:

Ah, that would make sense. You still could try creating a thread with your suggestion, there's a chance that it will get through. The chance is probably the same with getting a legendary core from sorties, though.

You mean 0.18% ? that's not a lot.