The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon is Fine

zephyr11221

Wow this post got way into the trenches.

Anyways I too wanted oberon to be to super overhauled and all, but realized the frame only needs minor changes (imo)...

1. An increase to his base armor to at least 300. This will give so much more survivability, especially with all of his armor granting buffs.

2. Either bump up his energy pool or convert his renewal into a straight duration buff like chroma's vexi armor, without the energy draining effect.

3. Now not sure what to say about hallowed ground...it's nice but situational and it's current design makes it limiting and spammy (serious i have to roll the carpet five/six times to get a nice circle effect for defense missions).

For me I like the carpet effect but would like it if could be a circle too. My suggestion would be to have the effect rolls out the carpet on tap but does a circle when you hold/charge the ability.

oberon is fine 

1 & 4 are perfectly suitable in many situations and levels 

2&3 are meh and require more synergy IMO , but again are perfectly usable

what may b required instead of a HUGE OVERHAUL from people who cant breach the skill gap... is slight synergy of all powers, and maybe slight mechanic tweaks here and there to cover his bases 

[fyi oberon can CC kill enemies if you learn the trick, insta kill any enemy regardless of level ... ] 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Just now, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I just want him to scale. In fact, I want every frame to scale 

many do not forgo flat damage based builds to alter to CC effectiveness of abilities which scales

oberon does scale, as does zephyr as does hydroid. ect 

but what should be brought into question is then synergistic and fluidity of mechanics used in those powers , not just the frames powers in general scaling, because many players can prove the contrary , thus skill gap is involved ...

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

many do not forgo flat damage based builds to alter to CC effectiveness of abilities which scales

oberon does scale, as does zephyr as does hydroid. ect 

but what should be brought into question is then synergistic and fluidity of mechanics used in those powers , not just the frames powers in general scaling, because many players can prove the contrary , thus skill gap is involved ...

I think I am getting tired of the words "CC". Reckoing does CC, Inaros does CC, everything CC and our enemies does a load of CC. I just want everything to die :/ 

I get these comments playing Oberon as well, TC. I just ignore most of these words. Let your performance speak for itself. 

Oberon is good, but not great. I know with his abilities, Oberon can last 60+ minutes in Kuva Fortress Survival, Void endless. 

I wish I could find the player that locked down an area with Oberon. The player was able to spam his 4 until the enemies died. The only Frames I knew could do that was Vauban and Banshee, but apparently Obeeon can do that as well.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Nightseid said:

Could link this trick? Or at least describe it? 

will not link, but sufice to say basic play and using 4 in conjunction with another of his powers timed right triggers the cc kill

CC kill is when many enemies are grouped onto a single point and are unable to move, the game is the triggered to erase them do to the enemies becoming unmovable 

the basics is shown with this vauban video , btw it can be done on the ground also, and any grenade works , Distant Observer didnt experiment much with it -, -; ive found numerous frames can do this as well. my own vids explain these types of mechanics , but i dont try to self promote sorry [could just look it me up..on youtube]

Spoiler