Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers]My understanding on what Technocyte is at the moment and its possible relations

EmptyDevil

3 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

I'm not sure, but DE did tidy up some descriptions for various things and didn't touch Nano Spores. The word Technocyte is canon until stated otherwise IMO. DE did say some elements from Dark Sector are to be kept, and i'm guessing things that aren't characters are one of them.

We're talking about the company that took several years to fix an obvious issue where Neurodes and Neural Sensors had their descriptions swapped, and they have a track record of simply forgetting about entire gameplay mechanics for years on end. The idea of them forgetting about an old text description isn't just "not that outlandish", it's almost to be expected at this point.

DE has also gone back and forth on the "DS is canon" thing for years and years. I vaguely recall them eventually settling on the opinion of "if DS is canon, then the two storylines are largely unrelated", although this might just be my memory tricking me.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure DE's last mention of DS's canon-ness in a devstream was well before the Second Dream came out (i.e. the quest that completely shut down the idea that we, like Hayden, are humans in supersuits who get their powers from an infection). And DE's last mention of DS's canon-ness ingame was Nekros' SotD description in 2013, which-- I emphasize-- was scrapped almost immediately after release. (If there are any more recent examples, please let me know.)

WF's lore has become increasingly distant from DS with each update. The most basic parts of the story are wildly inconsistent, most notably where the "supersuit virus" came from (in an American lab during the Cold War, versus from the Orokin during the futuristic Great War).

There's simply too much evidence suggesting that WF and DS are indeed separate, and virtually no evidence (aside from the old and unreliable nano spore thing) suggesting otherwise. If this were 2014 I'd be feeling a bit differently, but each major update has been showing that the origin of Warframes simply has nothing to do with Hayden Tenno or the Cold War.

Edited by SortaRandom

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

Where then do the Void factor in?

The infested and warframes can channel void power. Sentients are sensetive to it.

I wonder if the Flaw was deliberate, that the same was true for warframes. That in turn would mean they knew void energy was harmful and allso knew how to shield themselves from it (Mag uses a Void shield for example).

I have allways been bothered by the fact it was so convenient that Tenno can use a technology based on infested that so happens to channel void into a weapon.

Well, we haven't seen many Technocyte based organisms; outside of warframes being able to outright channel void energy. That said, there are many parasitic eximus that at least show that infested can adapt to absorb or metabolize void energy on some level. Lotus has us utilize a Void cascade bomb in Once Awake to eradicate organics in the area while leaving inorganic elements like the structures untouched; it seems that infested organic tissues can still be warped or damaged by the Void, at least at the organic level without being a strain developed for its use like warframes. If following EmptyDevil's theory - and Sentient are technocyte based as well - it would follow such that Sentient are from a Strain developed to be weaker against void radiation while standard infested are neutral and warframes are hardened or designed to channel it from sources like the Tenno who transference into them.

The infested and warframes can channel void power. Sentients are sensetive to it.

I wonder if the Flaw was deliberate, that the same was true for warframes. That in turn would mean they knew void energy was harmful and allso knew how to shield themselves from it (Mag uses a Void shield for example).

I have allways been bothered by the fact it was so convenient that Tenno can use a technology based on infested that so happens to channel void into a weapon.

Well, we haven't seen many Technocyte based organisms; outside of warframes being able to outright channel void energy. That said, there are many parasitic eximus that at least show that infested can adapt to absorb or metabolize void energy on some level. Lotus has us utilize a Void cascade bomb in Once Awake to eradicate organics in the area while leaving inorganic elements like the structures untouched; it seems that infested organic tissues can still be warped or damaged by the Void, at least at the organic level without being a strain developed for its use like warframes. If following EmptyDevil's theory - and Sentient are technocyte based as well - it would follow such that Sentient are from a Strain developed to be weaker against void radiation while standard infested are neutral and warframes are hardened or designed to channel it from sources like the Tenno who transference into them.

Seems I multiposted, sorry about that

Edited by Urlan
Multiposted

Sentients adapt to and copy technology,  right? That's why there were Zero Tech Soldiers in the end, basically modern assault soldiers with automatic rifles.

So the idea of the Technocyte-virus as a viral agent against them make little sense.

The idea of biosoldiers and bioweapons make more sense.

Hunhow lived in War that is made of rubedo and polymer,  very hard tech.

But can he use warframe and tenno tech? It see s that we will be able to use sentient tech so the reverse CAN be true.

I can't say I believe Sentients are made from Technocyte. Or at least, not fully. Sentients are as I see it, essentially the mechanical version of the technocyte. The metal to our flesh, as it were. It could be possible they are the "techno" part of technocyte, if the Orokin were somehow able to make an isolated strain that exclusively worked with metal, but I couldn't be certain.