The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote for host migrate?

LordMidnightX

I was thinking being able to vote for a host migration would be a nice thing to have. For example if I start a mission and people join after defaulting me to host with my crappy internet we could do a vote to switch without having to leave. Also sometimes a host migration will fix enemies being stuck or glitched and some other bugs as well. 

I don't know how hard or easy this would be to add to the game but I think it would be a nice feature. 

If dedicated servers were added, that problem would go away, since only people with good internet would create them. Hope that feature comes along instead of having it only for Conclave.

Your idea is nice, though DE could just give host to a person with less latency, but that is probably in the game already

Edited by Bl4zko

8 minutes ago, Bl4zko said:

If dedicated servers were added, that problem would go away, since only people with good internet would create them. Hope that feature comes along instead of having it only for Conclave.

Dedicated servers cost too much money for DE to make and player made ones are not only inconsistant (they can turn them off whenever they want) but there aren't nearly enough people willing to host them to affect the game in any significant way, with the ammount we have now even PvP can't run on entirely dedicated servers and that's a very small segment of the population that even plays that mode.

9 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Dedicated servers cost too much money for DE to make and player made ones are not only inconsistant (they can turn them off whenever they want) but there aren't nearly enough people willing to host them to affect the game in any significant way, with the ammount we have now even PvP can't run on entirely dedicated servers and that's a very small segment of the population that even plays that mode.

That's true, your idea of adding a toggle option in network options seems good, I still think DE should at least consider adding the dedicated server option to clan dojos. I know its not related to this topic but the host migrations in dojos are annoying (specially when you're about to trade with someone and the host decides to leave).