Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden-Death Banshee Build and General Banshee Guide/Tips

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

https://goo.gl/0VHUYT

Why do I call this build "Sudden-Death Banshee"? Simple: if you play it, you will die suddenly, a lot. But much like its soul mate, the Savage Banshee, the Sudden-Death Banshee does not fear death, rather it revels in death, and charges headlong into a sea of bullets, contact with anyone of which will result in her evaporation.

Now, in all seriousness (or most seriousness anyways), there are glass cannons, then there are banshees, and after that, there is the Sudden-Death Banshee. This is a fun build that I actually play, a lot; in fact, its possible that some of you have ress'd me in the past ;)   

Sonar: With this build, when your 2 is active, your shots will do 11.5x dmg if hitting resonance targets, and if even a single person on your team can aim, enemies will be covered in them, so this is pretty easy. Basically, cast resonance when enemies are around, shoot the shiny spots, and they'll die quickly. You may want to make your power color something bright, so enemies and these points are easily highlighted/aimed at

Silence: Your 3 is very useful in a number of circumstances, it makes any weapon silent, and stuns enemies that walk into its aoe. It helps in basically all mission types, I recommend keeping it active 100% of the time (that is very viable with this build).

Sound Quake: Your 4, on the other hand, is going to nuke your energy with this build, but you can kill a wave of high-level defense with it pretty easily if you're willing to drop 400 energy (the cc can also get you out of a bind). Some may choose to drop the resonating quake from this build for something else, perhaps constitution, or maybe even overextended (in which case you would want power drift). I occasionally swap it out for savage silence, just for fun. I'd recommend against defensive mods, you're going to get to a point where Banshee is 1-shot by most things, its just a matter of when.

Extra: You're going to want Zenurik as your way, that extra energy restore makes spamming your 1, 2, and 3 very viable. The Arcane Chorus banshee helmet is a must imo, as it offers more efficiency, something this build needs. As for weapons, anything that does good damage and allows you to target resonance points should work well. I personally use a riven'd Supra with entropy proc for that little bit of extra energy and aoe. I’ve also got a riven’d latron wraith that kicks &#! (101% crit chance, 8.8x crit dmg) as it makes hitting resonance points childs play, and basically insta-kills everything. A shade sentinal would be great to have, its stealth will save your hide; kubrows and kavats are tricky as you aren't great at reviving stuff personally (although you're excellent at cc'ing stuff so your teammates can do so).

Syncs well with: This build works excellent with Nova's, her mprime makes it easier to aim for resonance points, and doubles the damage inflicted on effected targets (this means that your shots do 23x dmg to resonance points with this build), double-damage from resonating quake is pretty deadly to. Frost’s bubble is a literal godsend, and is the main reason I love frost even though I never play him; it allows you to do what you do best, but lets you do it without dying :D Gunslinger frames like Mirage, Titania, and Mesa will positively annihilate enemies when shooting resonance weak-spots. Tanks, like Rhino, Chroma, and Valkyr can res you, as can stealth frames (Ivara, Ash, Loki). Nyx, her chaos makes it easier for you to stay alive (by distracting enemies) and your sonar/resonance allows those enemies to kill each other much more quickly (also, not gunna complain about Absorb allowing allies to more easily revive you).

Syncs poorly with: Healers, you’re dead before they can heal you (although trinity’s energy restore is nice, and the damage resistance from her blessing *might* help keep you from dying, if used correctly). Melee frames, like Valkyr, Ash, Excalibur, and Loki, have great difficulty targeting your resonance points.

This build is well-suited for: it’ll give you some sort of advantage in pretty much every mode, but I feel like it shines most when you have a coordinated team mostly grouped (defense, interception, mobile defense, and sometimes survival/excavation, depending on the team).

This build is poorly suited for: Life

Note that I don't consider this to be the best banshee build by any means (although the guide I’ve attached is pretty comprehensive as far as playing banshee goes). Personally, if I'm trying hard, I prefer one focused on Sonar/resonance, without resonating quake (this allows quake to function as CC without nuking your energy) or another that is just resonating quake (it allows you to solo defense/interception missions easily, and lets banshee put out more cc/dmg than an ember (with the cost being that you're immobile and die quickly). To use this build effectively, you need to know where enemies are coming from, and be able to shoot while parkouring. Disclaimers aside, it is a very fun build, probably my most-used Banshee build, and I highly recommend it (whether or not its the most effective build, you'll get better at warframe/surviving by using it).

If anyone has any questions/comments feel free to reply :D

Edited by Snowman486

4 answers to this question

Friendly advice:

Slight plus on range

Resonance

naramon

melee

Galatine Prime with TR

Keep silence active for short Cc on approach and spam the field with dots. Everything else is optional.

Op as it gets in this game (if you're no loki)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Friendly advice:

Slight plus on range

Resonance

naramon

melee

Galatine Prime with TR

Keep silence active for short Cc on approach and spam the field with dots.

TR = Tempo Royale?

6 minutes ago, KYLoooo said:

TR = Tempo Royale?

Yea, Better choice for a mobile playstyle (cause you definitly won't need to stick around enemys with banshees buff.)

Any melee weapon works actually, it just needs a decent crit rating to maintain your invisbility but galatine prime is among the best concerning speed, range and damage. Especially with TR.

Combines the OP buff with the immortality invisibility offers. One might loose damage in the chart, beein bound to using melee weapons but it's definitly worth the effort...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Friendly advice:

Slight plus on range

Resonance

naramon

melee

Galatine Prime with TR

Keep silence active for short Cc on approach and spam the field with dots. Everything else is optional.

Wow, that sounds like a fun alteration, I'll definitely give it a shot