Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do, what to do.

Emnithy

Question

Hello everyone,

i have been playing the game for something like a week now, have a lvl 30 exc, galatine and( Thanks to a very good person in general chat) a paris prime. I'm only mastery 3.
What my problem is atm, is that i simply can't advance in the planet missions, i am stuck barely being able to do anything around the Europa planet, most of the times dying in the process. I already looked into what i could do, i know it's probably a mod problem, but when looking into mods that best suit my current loadout i simply can't get them without paying, they are all obtained in saturn that i can't unlock, and i doubt i would even be able to complete a single mission there.
I know about orokins, and i am currently leveling and using all the mods that add dmg/crit rate and other useful stats like reload speed or armor/vit/shield.
I am at a loss, i know exc is a very good frame as i just wreck everything the moment i press 4 but it still is challenging and sometimes almost impossible when i run out of energy.
Can anyone just help me out by telling me what to farm/what mods to get/ maybe if i should change my loadout?

8 answers to this question

I would increase your MR, since some equipment is locked by MR (Not sure about planets, but I do know that some Quests are also MR locked), and get some alternate toys to play with.

Europa is an annoying planet, I find it difficult to navigate thanks to the fact that Ice is EVERYWHERE, but since it's Corpus, take a weapon that deals Magnetic (combine Cold + Electricity) Magnetic damage deals bonus against Shields and Robots, which are two things the Corpus love. If you don't have the space for putting Cold + Elec damage mods on, use a weapon that deals Impact damage, which is best against Shields (The Paris P does Puncture, which is good against Grineer). The Cernos is a bow that does Impact, and it's not very expensive to make, if you'd like to stick with a bow as your primary. Your current Melee weapon is arguably the best in the game at your current point, so I would say stick with that.

As for your energy condundrum, what mods are you running on your Excalibur? I've got a spare Streamline mod that you might find useful, assuming you don't have a copy already and have space for it. Alternatively, you can add me in-game and I can help you through some areas, I tend to use EB a lot and spam the melee key. Most things die pretty quickly.

16 minutes ago, Emnithy said:

Can anyone just help me out

I'm not entirely sure on this as I haven't been a new player to the game in years - but a good thing to try to do is get access to fissures missions early on to farm for prime parts.
Of course you would need relics which you could farm in defence/interception/excavation/survival game modes (usually). There are other ways of obtaining them but the endless missions are usually the best way to go.

Then trade prime parts you don't want/need for plat, use that plat to get the mods you want (max mod rank as well if you have the plat for it so you don't have to rank it up yourself).
Usually as a new player, you may get a bunch of prime parts to make a full set of something but not have the resources to build it. So it's best to sell them as you can always farm for them and build it later in the game. Even if it's just junk prime parts, players will buy them to trade them in for ducats - so either way you'll make plat. You can use warframe.market to give you a general idea on what players tend to buy/sell for - but it can vary so don't rely too heavily on it. Negotiating in-game (whisper/trade chat) is usually the best course of action.

* Underlined text will lead to Warframe wikia articles which contain in-depth information for each of the topics.

As someone that is barely starting out, and I say this assuming that you are with being in the mastery rank 3 stage, you shouldn't be doing missions on Europa.

Finish the tutorial quests. There are three - Vor's Prize, The Archwing and Howl of the Kubrow.
Progressing through these three quests will award more than gameplay spoils such as credits, resources and mods that you can gain by playing regular missions.

Doing junctions will grant you passage to other "planets".
In order to finish junctions, you will need to complete their requirements (seen when covering over each junction node in the star chart) and killing the specter within it.
Once the specter is dealt with, activate the mechanism in the far front of the interior.
As it goes, in order to complete the junction requirements themselves, you will need to play missions.

The Codex will inform you of other story quests and their requirements. Quick access to the Codex quest tab is through the pause menu (Esc > Quests).
Most quests can be obtained through the junction system as well (rewards shown while hovering your pointer over the junction node itself).

But now, from this point, open the star chart and start at the beginning.
Those mission nodes that are blinking blue are those that you haven't finished yet. Stated mission level in the star chart (once you hover over the node the mission is on) indicates the starting level of enemies in that mission. This is unrelated to any of your levels (arsenal items or mastery rank). Start at the lowest level and progress forward.
Regular missions themselves can also be repeated as many times as you wish - for the sake of farming resources, other enemy drops or affinity.
Timed alerts (exclamation mark in a triangle in the world state menu, upper right corner of your star chart interface) will offer additional rewards. Keep track of them in case they offer something you need. If the alert is set on a locations you have not yet discovered, feel free to ask for a ride in the recruiting chat channel (recommended format of requesting would be "LF x Alert", where "x" is the name of the alert stated in the alert menu).

Another thing I can personally suggest is obtaining the Codex scanner from the orbiter Market (its search bar allows keyword search) or the Synthesis scanner from Cephalon Simaris at the upper floor of any of the three relays (first accessible one being Larunda on Mercury).
Once you enter the relay, the pause menu (click Esc to enter it) will give a fast travel option which reduces travel time.
Scanning things in missions will fill your Codex with important information. In case of enemies for example, types of damage they are weak to. In case of mods, their drop locations.

Use the orbiter Market to obtain the blueprints for other weapons and warframes, as well as most sentinels.
The amount of choices in battle and customization is the primary element which makes this game fun.
Blueprints found in the market will be available for credits. You can even set the Market filter to show blueprints only (button in the lower right corner).
As you might have found out already, credits are a currency which is obtained from any mission. Some missions, such as dark sectors (nodes marked with the clan emblem in the star chart) will offer an increased amount of credits aside of other bonuses. Doing these missions will fill your "wallet" a bit faster.

And finally, be sure to listen very carefully to what Lotus is saying. She tells you what to do.

Make sure you have the basic mods at least rank 6 and work on maxing them: mitigation mods (Redirection and Vitality) and weapon damage mods (Serration & Hornet Strike; Pressure Point is easy to max). Work on collecting all the Elemental mods as they will also help with damage as certain combinations work better for certain factions.

For ability usage, you'll probably need to make sure you have at least Intensify, Streamline, Continuity, and Stretch; maybe Flow as well.

Tactical Potato is a player with an excellent YouTube channel who has a series called "I'm new what next?" which should be very helpful to you.

Welcome to Warframe! Good luck, and happy gaming Tenno.

Edited by DaftMeat
ytpo

Are you playing solo? if so stop doing that couse it's a massive mistake. Public games are flat out better for anything except spy, odds are that you can just focus on staying alive and your teammates will take care of the rest, also more enemies spawn which means more loot and more energy, even if you have bad internet and you lag so much that you can't actually do a thing odds are that the rest of the team will cover for you.

You have a decent weapon, which is already a big step ahead, now what you need to do is set aside planet progression for a while and focus on aquiring core stuff, catalyzers and reactors, assuming you don't have them already will come to you eventually (do the alerts that give catalysts/rectors/nitain whenever possible, you'll need them).

Now step 1 is to farm meso relics on io-jupiter and run the ones with forma as a common reward and build 2 formas to put on your paris prime so you can mod it like this (http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Paris_prime/t_30_32300002_131-6-5-132-1-5-133-2-5-137-7-6-140-4-1-141-0-5-149-5-5-159-3-5_141-6-132-8-133-6-159-9-140-5-149-9-131-11-137-5/en/2-0-28/) you should already have all the mods to do this given that you're on europe but if you don't your best bet is to beg on general chat since the mods are pretty much common as dirt, you could also look the enemies that drop them up on the wikia.   

Step 2 is joining a clan (the bigger the better), get the blueprints for dragon keys from the orokin lab and look in recruiting chat for people to do vault derelict runs, again so long as you bring the right dragon key most people won't mind if you aren't really useful as far as the mission is concerned, you'll want to have the mods fleeting expertise, transient fortitude, blind rage, overextended, narrow minded, before stopping doing this, at this point you only need fleeting expertise and narrow minded but you'll need the others later

Step 3 build your excal like this  http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_0400020000_1-6-4-2-1-10-4-4-5-5-3-5-49-2-5-55-0-4-411-5-7_55-10-2-6-49-11-5-9-4-9-411-7-1-8-f-f-f-f-f-f_0/en/1-0-5 (which is far from being a proper build but should allow you to breeze through most of the star chart) 

You should now be able to complete pretty much everything on the star chart with ease just with this alone.

Also, if you need good mods, run Survival, Spy, and Defense missions. All 3 give basic, necessary mods and possibly relics, which you can use to run fissures and get prime parts and bps early on.

As far as mastery rank, just use any weapon you can build. Even if you don't like it, max it out, then dump it out. Increasing your mastery rank allows you to access better weapons and newer quests, so definitely do that.