Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Riven mod] I complete the challenge but it doesn't count.

Sleeping_Insects

Question

Hello fellow Tenno.

I have a riven mod which just refuses to unlock so I decided to ask here for an advice. As I see it right now, it's either a bug or a misinformation in challenge text.

The challenge is "complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher with defense objective taking no damage".

I've completed several defense missions with Frost and Mesa, objective completely unharmed. And before you start doubting, there's a clear indication if one fails the challenge. If you fail it, there's a popup saying "failed" and you can check challenge status any time you want by pressing "progress" shortcut.

I did only 5 waves and then left the mission which I assume is enough since there is no indication on how many waves I should stand for the mission to be "complete".

P.S. As I started googling it, I only came across a whole ton of whining about this challenge, like the game isn't easy enough as it is. I really don't understand people who want this game to become even more easier. It's really losing fun since warframes and weapons become more and more OP and enemies stay as dumb and easy to kill. but that is irrelevant in this topic.

Maybe that the script is wonky then, or my memory plays tricks with me. I remember having failed this challenge the first time and don't remember a failure message at the moment of the damage.

Riven are not that old, they may contain bugs or cause some from time to time.

33 minutes ago, ngrazer said:

But there is. At least was. I do remember I was doing it using Frost with pretty large Snow Globe on Sechura a couple of weeks ago. And there was a volatile runner who managed to get inside the Globe without being frozen. I killed him instantly, almost as soon as he got inside, but in this very moment I learned that their explosion range is pretty big as I got the 'challenge failed' message immediately.

I mean If someone hits the target, it indicates but in some missions there was no indication of failure yet mod isn't unsealed.

I had this challenge a couple of days ago, but it required a Hobbled Dragon key, as well as me being solo. Turned out to be a Detron mod, oh well.

Anyway, I did this on Akkad, Eris as Ember Prime (max range, then strength following) - don't bother taking risks with it, just blow through the 5 waves and complete it as quickly as possible so you can move on. The reason I said this is because I've had a previous challenge where it failed on Frost due to the fact that Chilling Globe won't necessarily kick in the second something enters the field. There's just enough of a delay that allows them to hit the Pod shields right before they become an ice block.

Could be a bug, or some other lag issues, doesn't matter - don't take the risk. Take them out before they can even approach the room  (Equinox also works, Nyx etc).