Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are "end game" builds for Frost Prime?

Glaivedigger

Question

Hello, I'm still very new to warframe, but I'd like to get a build (or warframe) that it great for being in the thick of things with a shotgun (friend told me they are pretty good in this game).

I thought Frost prime would be pretty good for "in your face" stuff since the bubble slows everything down and you can freeze enemies

11 answers to this question

If you are new to the game just use every basic stat increase mods that you have like stretch and intensify. They will carry you for a long time. 

Also Frost is really strong warframe and has strong CC and utility.

Edited by CaptainDavian

6 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

why all the duration and negative power?

Avalanche freezes enemies, this keeps them frozen for a really long time (never actually counted but nothing has ever thawed from it) the actual damage isn't that important since it falls off anyway.

Edit: guess I should note I also use Zenurik so power has never really been an issue with this build for me.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

vitality, steel fiber , armourd agility , streamline , stretch , primed flow , intensify , fleeting experties , and any thing u prefer in exuils and aura slots . btw u can avoid primed flow ,and maxing out corrupted mods . i mainly use snow globe to push enemys away

Edited by bishoy

There's a lot of things you can build Frost to do well these days but the one thing I carry on all 3 of my "specialized" builds is maxed Efficiency.

In as far as Snow Globe goes, unless the meta changed when I wasn't looking and for what that is worth Efficiency is key there. 

Reason being is that no matter how much Armor and or Strength you stack your Globes will get shredded. So maxed Effic' lets you be able to spam cast them to keep rolling that Invulnerability window (and take advantage of the Knockback property it has too!)

For Avalanche then Strength (armor stripping, useful but not always necessary) and Range (more targets more benefit) are good.

For Ice Wave Impedance then Range and Duration (cover more area and slow things down longer).

One Thing to watch out for with Avalanche currently is that if the Freeze effect off of it will prevent other Status effects from applying. So it's good CC but can mess with things if you're wanting to apply status for whatever reason (Corrosive, Viral, Slash).

I'll post my builds.

Of note is that Range isn't so much a factor now for Snow Globe in the way it used to be. You used to want at least 145% range to protect the objective from Bombards, but they no longer blast the inside of the Globe. So now you just want to get your Globe to a size you like. I still find the 145 Range to pretty much be the "just right" size since if it is too big enemies can get inside faster and too small won't always provide enough coverage for your team and objective. (Like Void Defense I want it to just hit the "little walls" there.)

And my Avalanche build shown was set up as more of a general use "PuG-friendly build" to take advantange of the Augment, rather than as a hard CC. 

If I really feel like being a CC Frost I could change it up but I'm just lazy enough to use the Ice Wave build instead. ;-)

Anyhow, Builds:

Spoiler

18DE300A4C331ED2745A55D8A806E3B4179D7639 (1680×1050)

2C36CFC39DB1A286305196929CF2B5DBC638B692 (1680×1050)

1EA85092DAF0A6CA9B7CCCDDFC35354083FEFF6B (1680×1050)

Oh and I run the Survivability Mods because I usually take on the role of "Nullifier Hunter" and also in case I need to tank some damage during a rez that's going wrong, haha.

Cheers!
~R~

p.s. edit to add: 
Oh also the "B" build also serves as a more general purpose build, thus the more Balanced Stats approach. 

Edited by Rolunde

On 8.1.2017 at 3:34 PM, -Amaterasu- said:

My Avalanche build:

1u5tdfi.jpg

if you make strength negative then i would prefer Ice Wave Impedance instead of  icy avalanche. icy avalanche is for strength and Range builds. if you want to spam Ice Armor you have to low your duration little bit. till 60% it is ok, or 40%.

On 8.1.2017 at 7:36 PM, Rolunde said:

There's a lot of things you can build Frost to do well these days but the one thing I carry on all 3 of my "specialized" builds is maxed Efficiency.

In as far as Snow Globe goes, unless the meta changed when I wasn't looking and for what that is worth Efficiency is key there. 

Reason being is that no matter how much Armor and or Strength you stack your Globes will get shredded. So maxed Effic' lets you be able to spam cast them to keep rolling that Invulnerability window (and take advantage of the Knockback property it has too!)

For Avalanche then Strength (armor stripping, useful but not always necessary) and Range (more targets more benefit) are good.

For Ice Wave Impedance then Range and Duration (cover more area and slow things down longer).

One Thing to watch out for with Avalanche currently is that if the Freeze effect off of it will prevent other Status effects from applying. So it's good CC but can mess with things if you're wanting to apply status for whatever reason (Corrosive, Viral, Slash).

I'll post my builds.

Of note is that Range isn't so much a factor now for Snow Globe in the way it used to be. You used to want at least 145% range to protect the objective from Bombards, but they no longer blast the inside of the Globe. So now you just want to get your Globe to a size you like. I still find the 145 Range to pretty much be the "just right" size since if it is too big enemies can get inside faster and too small won't always provide enough coverage for your team and objective. (Like Void Defense I want it to just hit the "little walls" there.)

And my Avalanche build shown was set up as more of a general use "PuG-friendly build" to take advantange of the Augment, rather than as a hard CC. 

If I really feel like being a CC Frost I could change it up but I'm just lazy enough to use the Ice Wave build instead. ;-)

Anyhow, Builds:

Hide contents

18DE300A4C331ED2745A55D8A806E3B4179D7639 (1680×1050)

2C36CFC39DB1A286305196929CF2B5DBC638B692 (1680×1050)

1EA85092DAF0A6CA9B7CCCDDFC35354083FEFF6B (1680×1050)

Oh and I run the Survivability Mods because I usually take on the role of "Nullifier Hunter" and also in case I need to tank some damage during a rez that's going wrong, haha.

Cheers!
~R~

p.s. edit to add: 
Oh also the "B" build also serves as a more general purpose build, thus the more Balanced Stats approach. 

which of your builds are the most Survivable build??

EDIT: did you ever tried to take a Growing power Aura with you? it is good for the Icy Avalanche build to get 25 Power Strength. also if you have a Arcaned squall helmet you can even get more thant 200 Strenght out of it!

Edited by (PS4)NoVa_Erk