The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broframe Ate Most Of My Clan. But We're Not Giving Up! Also, Large Clans Are Really Not All That Theyre Hyped Up To Be!

Daihazi

My clan had quite a few members, but suddenly, the co-gm left, and took 90% of the flippin population with him! He (and they) joined Broframe. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I'm looking to rebuild the Lumira Kaos Knights into something truly great. We were once a band of idiots running around aimlessly. In our rebirth, we will be recognized as a truly great clan. It's not the size of the clan that matters! Clans are about fun, being social, and also being competitive. Not being a mass of idiots who don't know what they're doing!

But this post isn't just about rebuilding my clan, it's about the general topic of how ineffective gigantic clans are. That quality truly is greater than quantity. So it really doesn't belong in the recruiting tab at all.

Edited by Daihazi

Same thing happened when WoW implemented Guild Leveling and made it so that you needed hundreds of people in a guild to meet the Daily XP Quota.

Yes, Update9 will reduce the amount of materials needed for Dojo, but sadly too little too late for all the dead clans that the BIG clans ate up.

Took them too long to get the tweaks out, a lot of people saw how awesome the Ogris and Torid are, and wanted their weapons NOW, not Months from now after Update 9 and after their small clan slogs their way up to Research.

Same thing in WoW -- 2+ YEARS after that horrible guild leveling system, they changed it so that small guilds could reasonably level up. Too little, too late. A LOT of small guilds were eaten by huge mega-guilds and still have yet to recover....

Sad, sad thing.

I could have told DE this would have happened if they would have asked us for feedback on those numbers before releasing U8.

Same thing happened when WoW implemented Guild Leveling and made it so that you needed hundreds of people in a guild to meet the Daily XP Quota.

Yes, Update9 will reduce the amount of materials needed for Dojo, but sadly too little too late for all the dead clans that the BIG clans ate up.

Took them too long to get the tweaks out, a lot of people saw how awesome the Ogris and Torid are, and wanted their weapons NOW, not Months from now after Update 9 and after their small clan slogs their way up to Research.

Same thing in WoW -- 2+ YEARS after that horrible guild leveling system, they changed it so that small guilds could reasonably level up. Too little, too late. A LOT of small guilds were eaten by huge mega-guilds and still have yet to recover....

Sad, sad thing.

I could have told DE this would have happened if they would have asked us for feedback on those numbers before releasing U8.

Yeah it's hard for me to get my clan running when we have mega-clans sapping everyone else...

In a game I used to play (Realm of the Mad God), guilds were limited to 50 players each. This did 2 things; it made people work to get into/stay in the guild, and it kept the guild events fair. DE could consider implementing this...

Eh nevermind, you'd just end up with a dozen clans full of mastery rank 7-11s and a bunch of other ones with 4-6s that can't get anything done (not insulting 4-6, I'm a 5 myself but without the 11s in Nix Gravis, we wouldn't even have the oracle done yet). 

In a game I used to play (Realm of the Mad God), guilds were limited to 50 players each. This did 2 things; it made people work to get into/stay in the guild, and it kept the guild events fair. DE could consider implementing this...

Eh nevermind, you'd just end up with a dozen clans full of mastery rank 7-11s and a bunch of other ones with 4-6s that can't get anything done (not insulting 4-6, I'm a 5 myself but without the 11s in Nix Gravis, we wouldn't even have the oracle done yet). 

They are doing this.

Existing guilds will be "Grandfathered", but I think they said that the highest guild size will cap at 2k?

Edited by Xylia

NEVER!!!! Join Outlaw Star 400+ members and far more friendly :D

I will never abandon my clan. We had over a thousand before broframe came along, and >.< Basically 1/8 of broframe is what my clan used to be. But my clan will never be anything again if I leave! I will not allow that!

Edited by Daihazi

Its simple:

Become the terror.

Become the vengeance.

Become the night.

Once you did this,join that clan and start kidnapping and murdering the members,starting with the noobs and finishing with the leaders.

i know your feeling. got all my uni freinds in a clan, but it takes so long that joining a meae clan with evrything in is just more "now, now, now" sort of thing, anyway evryone makes mistakes, even the Devs make them, so in time evrything will be within an acseptable level.

whats broframe exactly?

does it have anything to do with my little pony?

You'd think so, but it's actually MikeB (aka Fony)'s clan.  And while he could potentially be a Brony, the clan was less hipster, and so is straight up BRO based.  His fame due to his Crash Course in Warframe vids is why the clan is so massive- that and his standing orders for everyone to invite everyone they can, in order to be the most massive clan.

Crash Course is actually how I myself found out about Warframe, and got pulled into it.  I'm in a DakkaDakka clan, however.

It's because of a dispute between me and the ex co leader. He was more popular than me, but that is only because he was stronger than me, who spend much of my time researching group tactics. Nobody really co-operated with me, hence why the dojo is virtually untouched. When Alec left the clan, almost everyone followed him, because they really liked him. Nowadays, it's impossible to find members, because after all, who wants a clan that has no labs? :( I'll never give up, but what I really need is about 16 elite players willing to help out. Because what I have noticed in these HUGE clans is that about 10% of thier populations actually work on the dojo. Maybe 5% actually make BIG donations. That's about 1000 out of 15,000/8,000/7,000 in some cases. I know I can manage about 500 elites to build a bigger, better, nicer dojo than Broframe, Blackwatch, A S U R O, and WFJP.

If anyone want's to give my swarm tactics a berth, or give me another shot at clan-leadership, please. I won't let you down. You'll be known as a member of that smallish clan who outperforms most other clans. Ever since I accidentally sold my main frame, nobody takes me seriously anymore, but I refuse to give up now. I hope some vets will happen upon this post and give a fellow Tenno a helping hand. Because I want to put an end to the belief that bigger is always better. To prove that you don't really need an army to do the job of a small, tidy organization. Because you don't. Clans are about fun. Theyre about being social. Theyre about being the best you can be. Not about seeing how many random people you can amass under one roof. In fact, my research has shown that while WFJP has the best dojo in existence, all the other titanic clans don't really have much in the way of dojo, or more importantly, teamwork.

So please, if anyone wants to help give us a second chance, thank you so much. If we can get this ball rolling, it'll be unstoppable with someone like me at the helm.

2ioo.png

Edited by Daihazi

It's because of a dispute between me and the ex co leader. He was more popular than me, but that is only because he was stronger than me, who spend much of my time researching group tactics. Nobody really co-operated with me, hence why the dojo is virtually untouched. When Alec left the clan, almost everyone followed him, because they really liked him. Nowadays, it's impossible to find members, because after all, who wants a clan that has no labs? :( I'll never give up, but what I really need is about 16 elite players willing to help out. Because what I have noticed in these HUGE clans is that about 10% of thier populations actually work on the dojo. Maybe 5% actually make BIG donations. That's about 1000 out of 15,000/8,000/7,000 in some cases. I know I can manage about 500 elites to build a bigger, better, nicer dojo than Broframe, Blackwatch, A S U R O, and WFJP.

If anyone want's to give my swarm tactics a berth, or give me another shot at clan-leadership, please. I won't let you down. You'll be known as a member of that smallish clan who outperforms most other clans. Ever since I accidentally sold my main frame, nobody takes me seriously anymore, but I refuse to give up now. I hope some vets will happen upon this post and give a fellow Tenno a helping hand. Because I want to put an end to the belief that bigger is always better. To prove that you don't really need an army to do the job of a small, tidy organization. Because you don't. Clans are about fun. Theyre about being social. Theyre about being the best you can be. Not about seeing how many random people you can amass under one roof. In fact, my research has shown that while WFJP has the best dojo in existence, all the other titanic clans don't really have much in the way of dojo, or more importantly, teamwork.

So please, if anyone wants to help give us a second chance, thank you so much. If we can get this ball rolling, it'll be unstoppable with someone like me at the helm.

2ioo.png

Seems like you're having a hard time. I can help you with your clan. I unfortunately can't leave my own clan to donate to your dojo but I can help you with other things. I make decent banners and other things.

So if you need any help, you can always ask me :)

ble6.png

2ioo.png

nsw1.jpg

fx9u.jpg

Hyperius gots meh covered. He created this and much more for us, in an attempt to save us. He's done a fine job, but It's my job to finish. I lead the Kaos Knights, and reviving them is something I have to do. But I can't do it alone unfortunately. But thanks for the offer man! Just talking helps out!

• 5 months later...