Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This may be silly, but I need some help with my gamepad.

(PSN)Dark_Inferno8

Question

Instead of making a huge unnecessary post that no one will want to read, I'll make it short and sweet. 

I am using the PS4 controller and I cannot consistently use Ivara and Inaros with my control scheme, I've tried so many different ideas and things either don't fit or do not work how I intend. 

EX: Ivara's Quiver. The only way to use this ability effectively is to bind it to Hitting down/Holding the touchpad. Or I can use something on the D-PAD, but that doesn't work well either considering how there needs to be room for things like Bigger Map, Waypoint, etc. 

I would just keep it on the touchpad but then when I switch over to Inaros, I cannot use his Devour ability unless I have it bound to the same thing that I have Ivara's bound to. 

The issue being? I can't do that because Ivara's Quiver is ability A and Inaros' ability is B. 

So my question for you guys is, how can I get around this issue, if there is a way? I'm willing to adapt to a new controller layout, I just need one that's capable of managing everything. 

Thank you all in advance for any ideas or thoughts put into this.

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:

This may be a silly question, but can't you bluetooth a mouse and keyboard to a PS4?  That's how I would try to play, I can't imagine trying to play controller with the amount of keyed commands available in the game.

Yeah you most definitely can. Sadly there isn't really any comfortable way of setting that up in the space that I have. May just have to live with some inconveniences.

53 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Have you tried switching hold and tap abilities under controller settings in-game? I don't know if you have that option on PS4, but it might be worth a try.

"Invert Tap/Hold Abilities?" I can see that working for my Inaros issue but not my Ivara one. I can give it a try though. Thanks! 

EDIT: Lmao! It works for Ivara and not Inaros. Oh boy..

Edited by (PS4)Dark_Inferno8

whatever Warframe I'm playing the power that I use the most is always on the right stick.   Inaros pocket sand right stick  for him I put his Scarab armor on left d-pad since I'm usually only charging it up at the beginning of a mission and then never using it again.

Ivara s quiver is most used and needs some context pressing so it's right stick similar to mine layer.

I'm still mostly used to the touch pad classic too but those are ways I suplment it.

I feel like you have now switched these things to the default settings lol. R1+face buttons for powers as well as right stick for secondary fire is all I have ever known, not having remapped anything. As a side note, when I began playing (not too long ago) it was a couple weeks before I learned I didn't have to use the touch pad for powers- thats such a pain to use for most things IMO.

Edited by (PS4)halcyonpwns
Arturo got me

9 minutes ago, (PS4)halcyonpwns said:

I feel like you have now switched these things to the default settings lol. R1+face buttons for powers as well as right stick for secondary fire is all I have ever known, not having recapped anything. As a side note, when I began playing (not too long ago) it was a couple weeks before I learned I didn't have to use the touch pad for powers- thats such a pain to use for most things IMO.

Yeah. I no longer use the touchpad for powers unless it's to click it for Atlas' Landslide ability. So much easier to spam it.