Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I truly hate Rivens.

Hannah-Eliz

1 hour ago, deothor said:

Why would you ever 6 forma anything.. That's like overkill going overkill.

Because a rifle loadout with riven typically takes 6 forma? If you don't max out the loadout why even use a riven?

3 hours ago, Doc-Orange said:

I absolutly LOVE Riven mods. They're giving me a reason to play to improve my arsenal. Nobody has the same stats like me - this is another motivation and I'm constantly hunting a better Riven!

Again, I love it!

This man is with it!

2 hours ago, deothor said:

I have a 7 forma Hek lol

2 hours ago, Zepp_ said:

I'm not sure why you feel like you have to use them?  Don't like the grind?  Don't grind it.

Yes, let's just shut up and not play the parts of the game that we don't like.

Let's also remove the feedback forums, because people shouldn't complain about things they don't like about the game in the first place.

I really enjoy the riven mods, it made my Dera, which I always considered a really cool looking weapon, way sortie capable, the thing is a hose. At the same time I got a Daikyu riven and, well, lets just say I am waiting for Daikyu vandal...

Riven modded weapons are definitely the new meta, but, its a much better meta than we had before. Modding up your guns to suit your riven really makes it feel so much more like this is MY gun, not just the same build every random schmo does. And sure most guns still look about the same, but instead of it being a specific weapon that's the top tier, its now weapon categories that end up top tier.

I don't consider Rivens to be a balancing factor really, but they do shrink the gap, and give us something to do between updates.

Mostly just having something to do between updates is nice.

8 hours ago, deothor said:

Unfortunately, it's not.

My current Buzzlok has Serration(14), Heavy Caliber(16), Split Chamber(15), Riven(18), Point Blank(9), Vital Sense(9), and two elemental mods(11+11) on it, 103 total points.  With seven forma I've got two points left over, the forma bring points down to 7+8+8+9+5+6+6+9=58.  The weapon doesn't have enough status to adequately use a dual mod instead of straight elemental mods, the crit build requires point blank and vital sense, and the others are more or less essential standards(including the Riven, once a person has one).

No nonsense, no overkill, it genuinely requires this investment to fit the build to it.  Weapons with a similar build that start with a polarity will require less, but there you have it---a plain, run of the mill crit build requires seven polarities with a Riven involved.

The Akmagnus wound up needing seven by the time pistols got three primed mods(heat, crit, crit damage), and I got a Torid riven today and since it has no polarities I anticipate it'll need seven to fit a build onto it.

As far as monetization goes, frankly, I wish they'd do it directly.  I'd actually pay for the things rather than run sorties for them, but I won't endure the craptastic trade in this game for them---it's the one thing I dislike more than sorties themselves.  In fact, while I'd directly pay for Rivens, I may very well burn out and quit because I have to waste my playtime in sorties for them.

36 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

My current Buzzlok has Serration(14), Heavy Caliber(16), Split Chamber(15), Riven(18), Point Blank(9), Vital Sense(9), and two elemental mods(11+11) on it, 103 total points.

Oh right..

I forgot I can;t even afford to max my serration (at 105% atm), don't have heavy caliber cause it doesn't show anywhere and overall My MR is too small for any riven mod I got..

Even though I got most of my riven mods for sentinel weapons :P

20 hours ago, Tyrian3k said:

Yes, let's just shut up and not play the parts of the game that we don't like.

Let's also remove the feedback forums, because people shouldn't complain about things they don't like about the game in the first place.

100% agree.