Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

very slow update today

rudman88

Question

9 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

any idea ?

Try resetting your internet connection or router.  Yes, you got a good connection for something else but occasionally the network to you can get 'clogged' for lack of a better term and resetting can clear that up.

4 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Did you tryed pingning something like google just to see if its not your network nor working well ?

dude how can i update dota 2 at 780 kb/s if my network not working well ?

all website are fine

4 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Try resetting your internet connection or router.  Yes, you got a good connection for something else but occasionally the network to you can get 'clogged' for lack of a better term and resetting can clear that up.

the network is fine. If the netwrok is clogged i cant update dota 2 / do otehr onlien stuff at 700 kb/s cant I

2 hours ago, SovereignSVRGN said:

Are you on Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

etheret.

Anywway i jsut leave it whoel day and suddenly it works

thanks anyway

1 minute ago, rudman88 said:

the network is fine. If the netwrok is clogged i cant update dota 2 / do otehr onlien stuff at 700 kb/s cant I

Yes, actually because the internet uses different routing points to send and receive information.  If something happens where one 'road' is blocked it does not affect other 'roads' meaning you can get a perfect connection in one direction but not the other.

Restarting the router takes 30 seconds and clears everything.  Honestly don't see any backlash from trying this but okay.

BTW another way to 'clear the roads' is to wait it out.  Such as leaving it for a whole day.  Cheers.

4 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

dude how can i update dota 2 at 780 kb/s if my network not working well ?

all website are fine

etheret.

Anywway i jsut leave it whoel day and suddenly it works

thanks anyway

Maybe you do not understand internet properly tenno.

Just sure you understand well.

Internet is not just a cloud with one road going into it.

You might go to walmart super easy does not mean you will reach japan the same way.

Same goes for internet. DNS can bring you some issues only on some part of it thats why i asked you to ping a specific part of it.

Google is well know to use the same area of network as some other big company.

I'm not gonna ask you to do a speed test dont worry.