Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obereon and Hydroid

(PSN)YASSIN2004H

Question

5 answers to this question

As an Oberon player: Oberon isn't BAD. Focus on the AoE aspects and the survivability, ESPECIALLY vs Grineer, since he does Radiation Damage. And do NOT take him to higher level Grineer Exterminate or Defense missions. His passive tames their animals and you'll have a hard time finishing.

Oberon just requires a little work, is all. And some patience to get used to. Everyone tries to make him one thing, but he's really more of an all around Frame. Doesn't excel at anything, but he can do a bit of everything.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)YASSIN2004H said:

I crafted obreon but haven't used him yet is he worth it and if he is bad tell me what changes you would do same with hydroid because people say hydroid is bad.

Nothing is bad about either of these frames, its just that other frames play them better. Oberon main use would be his 4th ability. Deals good damage, adds radiation and blind affects. I would change his 1 and 2. Hydroid is just a neglected frame as Oberon his main use is his 4 especially with the loot augment.

Broberon has decent damage + CC combos in his 1 and 4 plus the single infinite range Squad heal in the game.
Sure, he could stand to be buffed (a lot) but he's way more usable in a large variety of missions than most give him credit for.

Hydroid ... eh, beyond being a Pilfering Swarm spam lootbot / killer,
his kit, while interestingly varied in theory, hasn't been working out too well for me, YMMV.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz said:

Oberon main use would be his 4th ability. Deals good damage, adds radiation and blind affects. I would change his 1 and 2. Hydroid is just a neglected frame as Oberon his main use is his 4 especially with the loot augment.

Oberon's 1st is very good as far as 1st abilities go.  Its one handed and gives you the ability to radiation proc an enemy.  That is quite powerful if used properly.  I think a nice tweak to the 4th would be to always emit a health orb on slam regardless of the enemy dying or not, but some how limit it to only one orb per guy so you couldn't go crazy slamming the same unit over and over.

Hydroid is a mess, but honestly all I want is them to go back to the original power strength effecting pilfering swarm.  I was more than willing to overlook Hydroid's faults when I was getting 3x or 4x loot.  All they needed to do there was not add in power strength from external sources (Equinox), but as often happens DE has trouble finding the reasonable middle ground and would rather swing from one extreme to the other.