Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Tenno Tunes Vol 2!

[DE]Megan

Quite a lot of work went into this. I really wanted to separate from the common themes of even beats and overwhelming electronics. I knew I wanted to write something darker and heavier, thus the idea of a conceptual track revolving around Nekros was born. And I enjoyed the hell out of composing it.
As a conceptual track, it revolves around a story - Nekros' awakening to the world of Warframe. At the beginning, this is represented with dreamy synths. Then the Lotus introduces him and he starts to grasp the world around him. And it doesn't take long for the action to start. I wanted to incorporate not only heavy, but fast, digitized riffs, so that it can represent the pace of the game, while keeping a few tracks for atmosphere, so that the listener never looses the sci-fi feel of it all. The chorus was a great challenge - it had to be something epic, heavy, that could convey both a sense of dread and a sense of wonder, because that's basically what raising the dead is. I'm very pleased with the outcome of the choir section, which I think was the essential highs the chorus desperately needed. At the end of the track, we have an extraction and a introduction to the game. And in the background - a synth mimicking an SOS beacon. I'm also very happy that I managed to use the precise samples I wanted. I really wanted to differentiate when the Lotus was addressing Nekros in his dream state, or in a live com, and when she was addressing the listener. 
Overall, I'm happy with the outcome. The 4 minute bar really held me back, I wanted to do tons more with the concept, but all attempts went over 6 minutes. In total, this is the fifth mix of the track and it's quite different from the original idea. I had to streamline it a lot, while not loosing the conceptual part. In other words - telling a story in music is very hard when you are limited by time. If you guys like it, maybe I could do a full version remix, or even a more streamlined one for casual listening.

Also, special thanks to PanzerTheTank from DeviantART, who gave me the permission to use an edit of their awesome piece, fittingly titled "The Necromancer"!
You can find the original here: 
panzerthetank.deviantart.com/art/The-Ne…-410664555

Thanks to anyone who took the time to listen. I'd love some feedback, since I'm quite off balance to composing. 

Edited by stako

Entry Song (With Music Video) For Tenno Tunes Vol. 2 Competition By DigitalExtremes

This Song Was Created By Me To Have A Cinematic Feel And To Feel Like It Blends And Belongs In The Warframe Soundtrack.

Something To Note: I Am Deaf And Have Had Progressive Hearing Loss Throughout My Life. I Have Had To Get Two Surgeries On My Head Where They Slashed Behind My Ears, Drilled 1/8th Of A Hole Into Both Sides Of My Head, And Inserted Cochlear Implants. This Was Done During A Vital Part Of My Life - High School. I Have Had No Prior Musical Knowledge As It Was Considered "Unfair" To Me Because Of My Hearing Loss. If You Want More Information, Feel Free To Contact Me.

Youtube (Music Video): 

Soundcloud: 

Edited by TheRealDRAGVAR
Proper Displaying Of Embedding Youtube And Soundcloud Content For Entry. (First Time, I Realized Bbcode and autogenerate from a link was a thing here). I used iframe embedding by accident. + Notice That Youtube Clip Is Indeed a music video I made.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gammis said:

Hey, I've never gotten the hang of sidechaining, WHAT do you sidechain it to, the basdrum!? ;)

Yes, the bassdrum. thats that "ducking" effect, whenever the bassdrum is hit the bassline decrease the volume a bit. you can do this in several ways, maybe with a DAW like ableton, or some drummachines like the roland tr-8 have this effect on board for an extern signal. you can even imitate this effect when you dont have a sidechain compression in your daw by simply turning the the volume on the bassline down whenever the BD hits, but well thats not the best way :) just the same effect. FL Studio has a build in sidechain function as well as far as i know.

Usually you SC the Bassline, but you can also have a cool effect if you SC some ambient background sounds or maybe some pads, just try it, it gives that pumping effect

Edited by (XB1)THE TURBO RIDER

Here's my entry to the contest, BEHOLD! For I have autotuned the sexiest voice of warframe, Tyl Regor!

All synths and the string I built from scratch with Harmor, worked with Infected Mushrooms' "I Wish" and "Manipulator" plugins to do some funky vocal manipulation and glitching (as well as a few synth effects here and there), I'm excited I was able to get this all completed before the contest was over.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by TheCometCE

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)THE TURBO RIDER said:

Yes, the bassdrum. thats that "ducking" effect, whenever the bassdrum is hit the bassline decrease the volume a bit. you can do this in several ways, maybe with a DAW like ableton, or some drummachines like the roland tr-8 have this effect on board for an extern signal. you can even imitate this effect when you dont have a sidechain compression in your daw by simply turning the the volume on the bassline down whenever the BD hits, but well thats not the best way :) just the same effect. FL Studio has a build in sidechain function as well as far as i know.

Usually you SC the Bassline, but you can also have a cool effect if you SC some ambient background sounds or maybe some pads, just try it, it gives that pumping effect

A full band arrangement of my Registered Losers song.  Written, Recorded, Performed, and Produced by me in my den on my silly computer.

Sing along with me, Tenno:

Spoiler

Chorus:
Twenty-seven million registered losers
Twenty-seven million registered strong
Playing Warframe all day long

Verse 1:
I did some relic missions today
Ain’t gettin’ those drop gotta grind it again
Just one little prime part away
No Ordis I don’t remember the old war

Verse 2:
Did my sortie today
And I got frickin’ Endo again
Oh when will I get that sweet Riven mod
For the weapon I want to use (Never!)

Chorus
Guitar Solo

Bridge:
Twenty-seven million losers
Before this song is done
All sing out as one
Yea yea
Yea yea
Before this song is done
All singing out as one

Chorus (Acapella)
Chorus
Chorus (With Harmony, Tag last line twice)

the_stalker__re_do__by_mrrumbles-d681evf

Just something I put together in 10 days. it's really bad. Don't listen to it. well you can at your own risk. It's metal. all info is in the song description. It's my try at tenno tunes and i have no expectations of winning anything. I'll probably be far down. Found this image on google.

Edited by killbilly98
Wanted to add a picture