Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Focus Without Stealth/DPS (Help?)

TheCyanNerd

Question

I main Naramon, and I want to get some focus for Zenurik (energy issues), but I put the one lens I had on my Inaros.

I also don't have an Ivara or a Loki or Banshee or a Saryn (work in progress, OK!). And every single focus farming method I can find requires one of the former.

So, how do I farm focus with my current frames? Are there weapons that I can install a greater lens on? Or are cheese strategies the only way to go.

P.S: I also have Ash, but my Naramon lens is on him, so I'm not sure if I can bladestorm a defense tileset and still get Zenurik focus.

Edited by TheCyanNerd

8 answers to this question

Well, you may be a bit screwed except for passive leveling, or getting another lens. 

Inaros' abilities don't really... kill things... I guess, so he isn't great for focus farming. You would want to put it on a frame like, say Excalibur for example, since with his 4th he is able to actively gain experience through his abilities. (Kills with Warframe abilities give 100% of the XP to the frame, kills with a weapon, for example, are split 50/50 between the weapon and the frame. Correct me if I am wrong)and a weapon for the greater lens? That would be anything you use a lot, if you aren't using cheese strategies, then just put it on your favorite weapon.

Edited by PoisonHD

4 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Well, you may be a bit screwed except for passive leveling, or getting another lens.

I was going to passive level anyways, just wondering if there's a way out (25% of the affinity from weapon kills?). If not, galatine prime seems a pretty good weapon to lens. 

Thanks for the reply, I guess? Not everyday I have a player to help me out.

Edited by TheCyanNerd

1 minute ago, TheCyanNerd said:

I was going to passive level anyways, just wondering if there's a way out (25% of the affinity from weapon kills?). If not, galatine prime seems a pretty good weapon to lens. 

Thanks for the reply, I guess?

Yeah, sadly there isn't.

And it is if you're going to be using it a lot. If you run it with your Inaros, even better, since you can take advantage of the 50/50 experience split on weapon kills.

10 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Yeah, sadly there isn't.

And it is if you're going to be using it a lot. If you run it with your Inaros, even better, since you can take advantage of the 50/50 experience split on weapon kills.

Just wondering, can you get focus from more than one school at once? So if I have a Zenurik on my Galatine Prime and Naramon on my Ash, do I get both?

If so, awesome.