The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can a good Riven fix a bad weapon, and is it worth the time to find out

_Vortus_

5 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

True, they can improve some of the raw stats, but polish a turd, its still a turd.   Its a huge difference as with no booster, it can take 6ish runs per roll.     Now, you can buy another like you said with a lower roll count.   But, now you have plat invested along with those hours and very low chances at a good set of stats.    Not risking plat on a weapon I already don't care much for,   Nor will I bother wasting time anymore on those same weapons.    Rivens simply are not worth the investment for weapons that are garbage.

Well, the Harpak itself is clunky and difficult to use.   Stacked on a bad burston.    Panthera, another good idea implemented badly.   Miter made worse.   Daikyu, now Rivens can be a saving grace for them.  If you are lucky.  The first two could be great, but need reworks.   Maybe you will like them though.    I see others don't like the Glaxion, but I think its fun.

You should try using the Miter along with Mag... It suddenly eats things alive when modded correctly.

Even without a Riven.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Rivens can make some weapons more viable not all because things like Harpak need an actual update.

It's just a bandaid until they can properly look at weapons. Not a bad thing I've been enjoying some weapons i normally wouldn't. But i wouldn't take them on anything seriously.

Looking foward to getting a Tigres Prime Riven.😈

It's just a Tigris riven, and yeah, they could be good. 

Can't tell you what I have now, not at my pc (on phone), but the one I got is better for the sancti over the prime.

For a weak weapon the only solution the stat buff. Nothing can make viable a stuff with random numbers only just the devs direct buff. This is supposed to be an endgame system which can boost your arsenal but the already good weapons have a real benefit from it. A skana or lato won't be sogood with a riven because its stats tells it is a mediocre weapon. The aklato can be better thanks for the slash focus but there is more problems with handling.

like the ether sword only with a slight buff can be more viable in raw damage and status the heat sword beats it. There are huge gaps between weapon and weapon. Some other weapon have interesting mechanics which makes them fun to use but the majority of weapons are just bad and uninteresting.

I tried to make Glaxion/Convectrix/Panthera good with Rivens. Unfortunately, nothing can make beam weapons good, sans atomos/amprex. (panthera is in fact, a beam weapon in alt fire, and its main fire mode is terrible). I had a 310% dmg Panthera mod, and a 300%/120% multishot Convectrix mod. AkLato i had a +345% damage +80% to grineer and they still couldnt do grineer sorties/floods.

Edited by Skaleek