Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A idea as to how to alleviate the difficulty of obtaining riven mods.

falconwarrior

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this but none the less. on to what i want to say.

I was encouraged by a friend to drop this in here since much to my surprise my rambling actually resulted in a decent idea.

The basic idea is this. Kuva, love it or hate it, its something we all need for rivens. One of the major issues though is the shenanigans you have to go through
to even get a riven mod to begin with. whether that be trade chat or sorties, its a bother alot of the time, especially for people who arent very active. So, my thought is this.

Kuva cores (place holder name since i suck at naming things)

You can gain 1-2 on completion of a kuva flood mission along with your kuva (one always guaranteed 2 very rarely).
You have to gather 10 or 15 of them to then form a malformed riven mod.
You then go to Teshin who then gives you a mission akin to that of the Ayatan treasure hunts Maroo gives us
and from there you complete a very high leveled mission where at the end, you get a random riven mod.

This could be done every other day, or every 3 days, which ever balances out better.

I feel as if this is a fairly balanced idea since people seriously have to work for it but at the same time
it helps lighten the strain of getting one through sorties (especially if you cant complete them because of glitches or life getting in the way)
along with not destroying the market of them.

Any thoughts as to making this more balanced are welcomed. please be gentle lol.

So, you say that I would have to do 10 to 15 level 80-100 missions and then do another high level mission to get a riven mod. And I would be able to do it once every 3 days...

And this would be easier than the sorties?????

If your concern is the random factor of the riven mod dropping as a reward on sorties, then I can get where you are going. For time wise and real life wise, I believe that your proposal would require a significant amount of time, which I believe would be even more than sorties. We could have a similar reward with a level 100 nightmare mission maybe. And doing level 100 missions is very hard, either it is sortie or not. On the other hand, I am not that much into end game so I might be saying nonsense...

Of course, If I understood wrong your post, please forgive me.

My only concern about rivens (other than the fact that they have screwed up trade chat even more than it already was),is that the chance of getting one is so low. The only thing I EVER get out of Sorties is Endo. If I just went through 3 high level missions while conforming to often unreasonable play conditions (Seriously,bow only mode? SERIOUSLY?!?),I should not be stuck with ENDO.

the whole riven theme is strange for me (nicely said)

i have seen today a offer in the trade chat for a nice vulkar and latron mod, one of them have had 27 turns which leads me to some math:

the mass amount of kuva which is needed for 27 turns are how many runs for how much kuva in the always same missions with the always same enemies and gamemechanics which are finally mostly bugged ?

there is no fun in it, and we get that kuva with a great lore, for ?

i also would love to see restricted trade-possibillities for riven mods, 1 to 300 pl should be the limit for being able for players to deal with them ...

this trading has this social touch for f2p players, trading in warframe isnt social in any ways ... its marketing

and the "riven-values" killed every other value of tradable items in warframe

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, ultragen said:

So, you say that I would have to do 10 to 15 level 80-100 missions and then do another high level mission to get a riven mod. And I would be able to do it once every 3 days...

And this would be easier than the sorties?????

If your concern is the random factor of the riven mod dropping as a reward on sorties, then I can get where you are going. For time wise and real life wise, I believe that your proposal would require a significant amount of time, which I believe would be even more than sorties. We could have a similar reward with a level 100 nightmare mission maybe. And doing level 100 missions is very hard, either it is sortie or not. On the other hand, I am not that much into end game so I might be saying nonsense...

Of course, If I understood wrong your post, please forgive me.

I can completely understand that. I probably should have put in either kuva or kuva flood missions.

Could have it where Kuva flood rewards 2-3 while normal kuva runs reward 1-2.

That would likely be better. And as for my concern, it is heavily effected by the random factor in sorties.
The variables are just needless it seems because you have sortie completion glitches, then the chance of getting a riven to begin with
and then the chance of it being rifle pistol or shotgun, then for a gun you even want.

Rivens are a good addition to the game but for alot of guns they just seem like a bandaid mod, take the akjagara for example
i LOVE those so much but i cant stand them because the stats are just so meh. Even with the riven i have for it they still barely make the cut.

I feel like rivens should be made easier to get along side a blanket buff to alot of other guns to bring them up to par with others.

I think it would be WAY better. Less random. Also more interesting, and more logical, rivens as a reward for sorties doesn't make any sense. Only minor error i think, is that as there's a cooldown for kuva missions, unless we play 24/24 i doubt we could do 15 of these in 3 days, let alone 1. But, even if would take a week, it would still be about 2x better than current drop rate for rivens, so i'm fine with 15 "kuva cores" required.

Unfortunately, anything that would lower randomness even a little bit has about 0% chance to be implemented.

Edited by Robolaser