Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stradavar Riven input

(XBOX)CyBirdNetic

Question

11 answers to this question

Stradavar definitely benefits from the increased crit chance, since it likes to masquerade as that type of gun (even though semi-auto is the only way you get close), so crit chance is good. Multishot is always good. The puncture, on the other hand, would be far better if it were crit damage or just flat damage (actually possibly the best stat for that gun) since Stradavar is pretty evenly split between all 3 IPS damage types. 

22 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Any weapon that's 10% x2, is crit viable.

As mentioned puncture isn't the best roll but multishot is just about unmatched on every weapon.

Seems pretty good overall.

Puncture isn't a good damage type, but for the semi-auto mode on the stradavar is more than good. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

26 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Any weapon that's 10% x2, is crit viable.

As mentioned puncture isn't the best roll but multishot is just about unmatched on every weapon.

Seems pretty good overall.

A sniper with those crit stats would suck. Any weapon that crits reliably and has good multiplier is viable, so higher fire rate and multiple projectiles make up for low crit chance in some ways (but stil yield less dps increase than a weapon with better chance).

Also multishot isnt the holy grail that people make it out to be. It is only good as long as its lower or about on par with your + damage mods (which usually never happens on rifles, but on secondaries it easily can).

Edited by CrudShuzKong

1 hour ago, CrudShuzKong said:

A sniper with those crit stats would suck. Any weapon that crits reliably and has good multiplier is viable, so higher fire rate and multiple projectiles make up for low crit chance in some ways (but stil yield less dps increase than a weapon with better chance).

Yes it is. Even on a sniper rifle 10% x2 molded for crit would yield better Avg damage per shot when aiming at weak points.

Most weapons will give a better avg even when not aiming at weak points.

Any weapon with 10% x2 is crit viable.

1 hour ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Also multishot isnt the holy grail that people make it out to be. It is only good as long as its lower or about on par with your + damage mods (which usually never happens on rifles, but on secondaries it easily can).

Yes it kinda is.

Multishot adds damage and status probability per shot. It's better than %Damage given the current ratio and builds available because It adds extra Slash procs, Corrosive procs and quicker Viral procs, all of which relate to better kill times, effective damage and ammo economy. Even when you compare it to +%crit on 100% head-shots, multishot is still only slightly under in damage output and still worth taking for the status probability.

There are few situations where multishot doesn't win, like on a Continuous weapon or a slow damage per shot weapon with 5% status.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Puncture isn't a good damage type, but for the semi-auto mode on the stradavar is more than good. 

It's better than a lot of other things they could have rolled but I have a 140% Slash on my Braton Prime Riven and consider it mediocre.

11 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

It's better than a lot of other things they could have rolled but I have a 140% Slash on my Braton Prime Riven and consider it mediocre.

Not knowing what % puncture he got I can't tell you that's a better mod or not, but Braton has 21 base slash with 10% crit chance, where the Stradavar (semi) has a base 30 puncture on 20% crit chance. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Not knowing what % puncture he got I can't tell you that's a better mod or not, but Braton has 21 base slash with 10% crit chance, where the Stradavar (semi) has a base 30 puncture on 20% crit chance. 

Sorry for the vague info, as I'm at work and not able to read off the exact stats. The rough info is 100+ % crit chance /90+ % multishot /100+ % puncture. I'll give a better answer when I get home in a couple hours.

34 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yes it is. Even on a sniper rifle 10% x2 molded for crit would yield better Avg damage per shot when aiming at weak points.

Only that on a sniper you need reliable damage per hit, not average damage per shot. No matter how high your average damage output, if you do not oneshot targets you need to oneshot, the sniper's usefulness (which isn't great in this game to begin with) goes to zero. Thus having either very high base damage or close to 100% crit chance (after mods) is what snipers want. If you need crits do kill, but only get them every 4 shots you will not be happy.

41 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yes it kinda is.

Multishot adds damage and status probability per shot. It's better than %Damage given the current ratio and builds available because It adds extra Slash procs, Corrosive procs and quicker Viral procs, all of which relate to better kill times, effective damage and ammo economy. Even when you compare it to +%crit on 100% head-shots, multishot is still only slightly under in damage output and still worth taking for the status probability.

There are few situations where multishot doesn't win, like on a Continuous weapon or a slow damage per shot weapon with 5% status.

Most of the points you make here apply to super endgame (which doesnt really come into play often anymore), but you are correct. On a primary any multishot riven is pretty much god tier, but if you get one for secondary, it may just cost you too many mod slots to keep making use of both crits and increased status chance.