Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Codex entries.

Etharien

Question

I'm a completionist, even when it comes to the codex. In the most recent update (19.7.0), DE added a bunch of objects to the codex.  In my screenshot below, there are 5 objects i have yet to scan: 3 are apothics, which i am unable to scan at this juncture. Then there are 2 unknowns (top left, bottom middle), does anyone know what they are and where to find them. In addition, does anyone know where to scan large grineer exploding barrels (tried grineer spy, no luck), and the core pipe?

Edit; The bottom middle is between toxin injector and turret and the top left is between core pipe and corpus systems

http://imgur.com/a/nCerm

Edit2: the two unknowns are in the corpus rush archwing map. Core pipes are from sabotage ship missions.

Edited by Etharien

10 answers to this question

I'm stuck at 8/12 for Large Grineer Exploding Barrel and 5/12 for Grate #2.  The barrels on the conveyor belt in one of the Grineer spy vaults have the size and appearance of the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel, but they only register as Grineer Exploding Barrel.  Also, the grates in the Grineer spy room with Lynx appear to be the same as the ones in the Codex, but they don't register either.

On 24/01/2017 at 1:54 AM, N64Gamefreak said:

I'm stuck at 8/12 for Large Grineer Exploding Barrel and 5/12 for Grate #2.  The barrels on the conveyor belt in one of the Grineer spy vaults have the size and appearance of the Large Grineer Exploding Barrel, but they only register as Grineer Exploding Barrel.  Also, the grates in the Grineer spy room with Lynx appear to be the same as the ones in the Codex, but they don't register either.

They might be the Kuva fortress specific exploding barrels and grates. I'm also stuck getting scans for the former, as I can't seem to find the best missions for them to spawn.

Yes, the grate and exploding barrel appear to be specific to the Fortress.  I got my barrel scans by doing the Fortress spy mission repeatedly: it appears in a junction-type room and blocks the way forward.  Problem is, the barrel only appears if your entry into the room is from a specific access point, and there are four access points to the room.

Edited by N64Gamefreak

Large Grineer Exploding Barrel can also be found, 3 at a time, in Uranus missions. This is the Grineer Sealab tile set.  But have found the 3 barrels in only one tile.  There is a tile where the water pours down the stairs.  It is in a side corridor that is narrower than the main path through the tile.  if you step into the pool made by the water flowing down the stairs you will get sucked into a pool room where the 3 Large Grineer Exploding Barrels are located.  

To get out, you have to leave the water, and look for square passageway on one of the back walls.

I have found the "Grate (grineer)" in the Kuva Fortress on two tiles so far.  One is a "Mine Layer" tile.  The other is an outdoor tile with a Mobile Defense console at an indoor location; and the grates are below this location.

Edited by Izzy

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I find lots of breakable "Grate (grineer)" that can be scanned, but they don't count.  They don't have the diagonal slash on them that the codex picture has.  However i have found breakable grates that do have the 'slash' on them in the grinner tile sets, but they can't be scanned.  Anyone found scannable ones yet?

Yes.  See previous comment