Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Simulor Build Help

Ortkizas

Question

I have been browsing for a very good Synoid Simulor build all over the place, I watched videos and saw some builds but as it is an unusual weapon, I'm having trouble judging which is best. I recently acquired a Simulor Riven Mod and was wondering what stats I'm looking for so that I know when to stop rerolling. Also if I were too find a good Riven Mod for the Synoid Simulor, which mod or what build should I use, because I'm only seeing very similar and air-tight builds which don't leave space for a Riven.

Thanks a lot for your help

6 answers to this question

damage/crit chance/crit dmg and no multishot even tho that one is prolly opinion but u mainly deal dmg via stacking with this weapon and multishot doesnt increase stacking dmg so besides that its the typical serration, heavy cal, elemental and crit dmg/chance build. 25% crit chance is enough to make the increase in average dps an argument for it, if u get a crit dmg riven then even more so. for that mentioned riven a combination of base dmg, crit dmg, crit chance, elemental dmg would be best. u can help its crit chance with an adarza kavat for example even tho it crits very often even with only 25%.

multishot is not good in my opinion due to the as mentioned 0 effect on stacking dmg, u basically shoot an already stacked orb so u hit max stacks a bit faster but personally i see no real benefit for that. an elemental mod instead would do more than reaching max stacks a bit faster.

Thank you very much for your help, it definetely helps. The current Riven Mod I have has : +29.8 dmg to Corpus, +95.6% Crit chance and -14.5 zoom. Should I reroll in the hopes of getting a base dmg mod with some crit dmg or keep it? Also when you say elemental, so you mean a 2 element build or 3?

I need to do some proper testing again, but I believe the headshot nerf for AoE weapons really hurt the viability of crit for the Synoid Simulor.

Multishot is plain bad on this weapon, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

Fire rate is really strong, as you don't do any damage until your second shot and it's the orb merge damage that matters so more shots equals more merges.

I'd probably go with Serration, Heavy Cal, Vile Acceleration, 4x 90% elemental and the riven.

If you don't want double combined elementals, then swap one for a dual stat or use a primed bane.

For the riven I'd look for damage and fire rate, maybe crit damage for a third bonus but it's really not that strong, and a negative IPS damage type.

Serration, Heavy Calibur, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vile Acceleration, 2*90% Elemental, Riven.

After the fix for explosion auto-headshot, Simulor's orbs unable to deal massive damage from elevation angle, but still able from depression angle. So shoot higher so the explosives hit the heads. That's why I still recommend building for Crits.

For Corpus faction i would replace 2*90% elemental with one 90% and 60% toxin damage, as it already has pretty high magnetic damage.

As for Riven, I recommend Critical Chance or Base damage as priority, then fire rate and Crit damage. If you rolled a fire rate more than 60%, you could replace vile acceleration with bladed rounds, shred or elementals. Punch through is a nice addition as it reduce range of enemies bounce away from the orbs explosion. Last, im not sure how negative multishot works on simulor, but i will avoid if possible.

ya the headshot nerf was good because it was broken as hell on an already rly strong weapon. still 25% crit chance is enough to crit rly often, as i already wrote it feels more like 50% to me but thats probably because its aoe. still it boosts average dps more than going for plain base dmg. if u go for fire rate u skip lots of stacking dmg so u have to REALLY spam the living hell out of it. choose which u prefer, i prefer the ammo economy friendlier crit build where i dont have to spam as much and annoy the living hell out of team mates even more. using a +base dmg +crit dmg +elemental -zoom and running with critti kitty 24/7 makes a really nice combo.

Crit build is the best without a Riven against unarmored. Status Corrosive against lvl 80+ Armor.

However I'd warn against rolling on a Simulor Riven. They've made it's disposition numbers so incredibly low that it's difficult to get a proper upgrade. I have 2 SImulor Riven, each with 30+ rolls and the best I could do was make one for two different factions. It's a little easier to roll for a non-crit build but the crit build is still capable of getting more DPS even if it's near impossible to roll for.

A Riven for a crit build will need at least 90% crit chance then preferably +%Toxic or +%damage with a negative. Not much else will be an improvement.