Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cloaking Drone Event-Problems And Future Suggestions

TheStag

Dear Dev's and any other person reading this thread,

This weekends event has so far been a flop, and that has quickly become aware to players. One of the reasons this has become a flop is that there was a set number of kills needed to obtain a prize already announced. The Fusion MOA event was very successful. Why? Because the prize was not announced, and how it would be obtained through the event was not announced. A large percentage of lazy players just farmed up to 20 drones to get enough for a prize, then ignored the rest. This has left the dedicated percentage of players grinding it out to try to get as many kills as possible, not for the top 100 player prize, but to actually complete the event! Please, do not announce the prize or how to obtain it through the event next time an event is done, for this completely ruins it and leaves all the serious players doing everything they can to complete it.

Some people have mentioned how certain clans are trying to save the Cloaking Drone event by getting everyone working hard to farm Cloaking Drones. I, a Broframe member, has witnessed this. Large amounts of people from Broframe are struggling to make us succeed in this event, but the amount of people working hard still seems increasingly small compared to the slackers who only went out and killed 20 drone. If this event fails, which there is a nice possibility it would, it would be unfair to award the awards to everyone, but it would also not be fair to not give awards at all. Some people work VERY hard, and some do not work hard at all. Dev's, this entire type of event needs to be redone and changed so that all players will work for the prize. Those players that have worked very hard would give a huge sigh of relief if the event was stretched out another one or two days. Please, don't leave us out to dry with a mistake that you could have easily prevented.

They announced the prizes for this one ahead of time due to feedback from the fusion moa event, people complained that becaues no-one knew what the prize was people didn't really bother participating.

There will always be slackers, and people who just do enough to get the prize, nothing will fix that.

Edited by LoQui

There probably was a need for a slightly more complex system.  Something a little better then kill 20 and get the important item.

Still as this event goes, they do emphasize, if the players don't succeed, those 20 you killed don't mean anything.  Whether someone worked hard or not, they tried to make sure everyone had the motivation to try.  Stopping at 20 and the event failing would prove to those players that they can't just stop at 20.

Still, a possible better solution would have been a slightly more complex prize set up.  Something like 10 kills earns 1 of each consumable.  25 kills earns a snipetron vandal blueprint.  75 kills earns a snipetron vandal straight up,(no potato, no slot.)  150 kills earns a Vandal with potato.   350 earns vandal with potato and slot.  550 earns vandal, potato, slot, and a mod package.

With prizes for different amounts of kills rather then just a single player prize and a clan prize, each player does end up with the decision of how hard to push themselves and how much time they can put in.  It hopefully would inspire many more players to not stop at 20 as the reward is most basic at that level.  Not sure how it would deal with the players that constantly say that the rewards are unfair, but we can always hope that they would figure out that they chose to not get the best stuff if they had the time to play.

There probably was a need for a slightly more complex system.  Something a little better then kill 20 and get the important item.

Still as this event goes, they do emphasize, if the players don't succeed, those 20 you killed don't mean anything.  Whether someone worked hard or not, they tried to make sure everyone had the motivation to try.  Stopping at 20 and the event failing would prove to those players that they can't just stop at 20.

Still, a possible better solution would have been a slightly more complex prize set up.  Something like 10 kills earns 1 of each consumable.  25 kills earns a snipetron vandal blueprint.  75 kills earns a snipetron vandal straight up,(no potato, no slot.)  150 kills earns a Vandal with potato.   350 earns vandal with potato and slot.  550 earns vandal, potato, slot, and a mod package.

With prizes for different amounts of kills rather then just a single player prize and a clan prize, each player does end up with the decision of how hard to push themselves and how much time they can put in.  It hopefully would inspire many more players to not stop at 20 as the reward is most basic at that level.  Not sure how it would deal with the players that constantly say that the rewards are unfair, but we can always hope that they would figure out that they chose to not get the best stuff if they had the time to play.

I like that idea, but I don't think the Dev's would actually give away a mod pack to everyone, just like the top 3, 10, or 100.

Edited by TheStag

hahhah are u kidding me... i agree with the op however the part where people wanted to know the prize.. well ofc it would be something sick that would either be impossible to get later or very very hard.. either way, each time there is an event understand it wont be some bs drops.. otherwise it would not exist..  dont tell us its 20 plz i did stop at 20 tbh and i am not doing anymore!

If this were the case I'd have grinded to the limit, I stopped after i reached 100...

People will always complain, that is a fact.

As far as the event goes, I myself am one of the "slackers". Not because I did not want to play, but because I barely could (borrowed my sister's notebook to play during the weekend, as I am at my mom's for the month)

Revealing the requirements for the prize was a bad thing. Revealing the prize itself, however, was not.

By revealing the requirement(s), people will think "oh, I just need to kill 20 and I'll get whatever it is".

By revealing the prize(s), people will think "That looks awesome! I'l kill as many as I can so I can have a better chance at getting it"

I would makes the special item drop a chance based on how complete the event was.

so if the community did 80% of it, then all participants that have done enough to get a reward get an 80% chance at actually getting it.

I disagree with the idea that not giving out prizes would be unfair. It says straight up that we have to succeed to get the prize. If we fail, it should be fairly obvious that we aren't entitled to anything.

That being said, I agree that giving people the minimum number of drone kills needed to qualify for an award was a bad move. It is true that there will always be slackers, but giving anyone information as to the minimum effort they need to put forth encourages slacking off. (If not playing a game can be called slacking off.)

Instead, I'd suggest providing a bit more in-depth information as to what it will take to complete the overall goal. How many drones do players need to kill in order to win? What exactly goes into pushing out that next 1% of progress? How much is each person actually contributing? I think that being able to see their contributions actually... well... contributing to the collective effort would be great for encouraging players to try harder. Of course, exactly how that information would be relayed should be done as the devs see fit, not necessarily simply listing the necessary total kills. All I can say is that killing a bunch of drones and not knowing for SURE that my efforts contributed to that next 1% of progress is tiring.

Maybe they should have an event that isn't a repetitive mess.

Yeah, if that was actually fun to do, I wouldn't have stopped at 20.

I think this touches on something that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up: The fact that the Fusion Moas were an ENGAGING goal, while the Drones are a PASSIVE goal.

One attacks (and in excess if not destroyed quickly), while the other simply...floats, or vanishes if not destroyed quickly.

The Moas were limited to a specific area, but if you played in that area? You HAD to engage and fight them, because they'd fight you. That helped generate kills for the total regardless of if you were interested in the 'goal' or not. With the spy drones, I'm noticing a lot of players whiz by them without a thought; and not out of any particular vestment in someone else's desire/need for them. They whiz by because the drones aren't ENGAGING; they have no real threat to them, in terms of immediacy. They don't 'attack' us, really; not our health, our shields, not even our speed like some traps. And that lack of engagement also makes it a bit dull to hunt for them, as opposed to the loud and aggressive Fusion Moas.

I know the point is to 'find' the spy drones, but I think in terms of gameplay mechanics? You'd get better results when your target is a more physical threat rather than a floating prop. It was only my sense of "Hey, I'd like to help out and achieve this" that led to me farming as many as I did, and even then...whew, it's down to the wire by a lot!

Edited by KoshLovesYou