Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn't get any invasion reward or I just don't understand how they work

Sixspirit

Question

New to the game so I hope I'm just missing something obvious.

Yesterday, I saw an invasion listed under the Corpus side the words Latron Wraith. I assume the rest of it(Blueprint, stock, whatever) was cutoff and I couldn't see the list. When I went to the planet that the invasion was on, I clicked on the Icon for where the invasion was happening, and it said the battle pay was Fieldron(3). I didn't understand why in the invasion list it listed Latron wraith but in the information display for the invasion it listed Fieldron. I of course made sure I was clicking the right one. I asked in region chat about this but got no answers. I decided to do the invasion anyway. When I got into the first invasion, I asked the person that was in the mission with me how I get the Latron wraith out of the invasion, but got no answer. In the second mission, I asked the same question, and the player said "Do this invasion 3 times and you'll get it". So I did it a third time, made sure that it displayed that I completed all 3 successfully. I got no reward yet, but remembered reading that you have to wait for in invasion to end to get your reward. So I logged off for bed. When I got back, about 10 hours later, I checked that the invasion was not on the list anymore, so I assume it was completed. I checked my inbox for rewards, and saw nothing. I scoured my inventory several times but could not find anything related to Latron or Wraith. I tried typing Latron and Wraith into the Foundry search as well, but nothing came up. Also, I did not get any Fieldron either. I again tried asking in region chat but I got no answers, other than people confirming that Latron Wraith Stock was an invasion reward yesterday.

Can someone please help me understand how this works?

Thanks

Edited by Sixspirit

14 answers to this question

You may have done the wrong Invasion, if there are multiple invasion missions on the same Planet you have to check the name of the mission node for the reward you want, in the list and select it manually.

Also when you complete a mission, you should see a 1/3, 2/3, 3/3(depending on how often you completed it) in the invasion list above the invasion, on the side you completed it for. So you can check there if you completed the necessary amount of missions for the reward you wanted.

The Invasion mission UI is broken, in my opinion. Has been for a very long time—years, maybe.

You see three or four separate campaigns in the list, right? These are organized by planet. When you mouse over one of these campaigns, the menu expands to list battles on different nodes on the dame planet.

Your instinctive reaction is to mouse over a particular node and click it, expecting to be taken to that node for your mission. That does not happen. Instead, the planet in question is pulled up from the star chart. You remember what node you selected, right? Probably not, because most of use are reading the rewards—not the names of nodes. So you pull up the Navigation menu again, mouse over the campaign and planet in question, read the name of the node that corresponds to the reward you want, go back over to the selected planet map to the left of the screen, and click on the node you want.

Hopefully, you're not too sleepy or new that you don't realize what is happening, and just keep clicking on the node in the Navigation menu, thinking that's how it's supposed to work. Because, really, that is how it's supposed to work. But it doesn't

On the planet map, once you click the desired node, another menu pops up to ask you whether you want to play the normal mission at that node, or the Invasion mission. Didn't we already establish that? Yes, we did, but the UI is a mess, and does not work as expected.

After you select the Invasion mission, another menu pops up to show you who is fighting whom. You select which side you want to fight on, according to the reward you want, and fight.

You will always have to fight the same battle three times, because the game offers no way to make a single mission "bigger" or more grandiose to better fit the theme of military campaigns and hard-fought conflict. The easiest way to replay the mission is to hit the Repeat mission button on the summary screen. Otherwise, you have to navigate the Invasion sub-menu once again.

One nice thing is that the UI will display how many times you've fought on a particular node.

The UI was even more clumsy with the previous star chart. I imagine a number of players never bothered with Invasion missions, because they could not understand how to select them. It may not be "broken." It may work as someone intended. But it remains clumsy as hell.

You prior experience with getting help is growing common. The community has lost a bit of community of late.

Edited by DEATHLOK

As I said in my post, I was concerned about choosing the wrong one so I put time/effort into making sure I was clicking the right one! Either way, I have not recieved ANY reward in my inbox at all. No latron Wraith Stock or Fieldrons, nothing at all. I definitely made sure I completed 3 of the same invasion. It said 3/3.

Just to clarify the possible confusion here and rytisrytis' post: the OP clearly makes a distinction between doing an invasion for the Latron Wraith, then finding out later there was one with a reward available listed as the Latron Wraith Stock.

The OP to my reading seemed to be under the impression it was the Latron Wraith, as he/she looked for it in the Foundry. The only way it shows up in the Foundry is if it's the Blueprint (for the main weapon) or you already have the BP. Parts won't show up in the Foundry build list if you only acquire those separate pieces and not the main BP, until the main BP is in your possession.

The only way to obtain the full Weapon in such a way was to complete the time limited event for the side you chose, and hope they won. Otherwise you'd get the other side's reward instead. (NB: this was a different event entirely, in the past)

This is likely to be the source of confusion here, and what rytisrytis meant.

Tldr:

Yes OP, its likely you misunderstood the invasion and reward associated, though it's understandable - the way it is presented could be made more clear, as others have pointed out.

Edited by Arezael
NB for clarification