Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Player Based Research Multipliers Instead of Tiered?

(PSN)Regiampiero

Can we get Dojos research requirements based on a simple members scaling factor. i.e. Instead of something costing 1000 for shadow clans, make it cost 100 for every member in the clan. This would alleviate a lot of the aggravation going forward, not to mention putting a stop to the friendships-ending clan kicks for barely active players. 

In my clan 3 people had to get kicked for being too casual so that we could go back to ghost and be able to finish the research It doesn't seem fair that because of three people, we would need to research for 17 vacant spots too. 

Please people. I'm trying to address the issue of a base multiplier here so no specific/current research examples if you want this thread/issue to be noticed and fixed. 

41 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Hmm.. i replied to this thread, or a similar one, but the answer got moved to

Im guessing by a mod. In anycase i wont write it again, just a tl:dr your idea would not be feasible.

Thanks for linking the thread so that it gets merged again. Also Why would you say its not feasible? Care to be constructive? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Thanks for linking the thread so that it gets merged again. Also Why would you say its not feasible? Care to be constructive? 

Well i said it in the post that got merged in the other thread. I dont want to repost it so it doesnt get merged again.

11 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Well i said it in the post that got merged in the other thread. I dont want to repost it so it doesnt get merged again.

If you can't support your statement without mentioning the weapon that shall not be named, I'm sorry but then its not a valid concern. At full capacity research cost would not be effected, but while short of max capacity a proportional discount would be applied. I don't see how this would not be feasible nor better than what we currently have.  

The only thing I could see the devs have an issue with is the possibility that this might lead to a bunch of solo Dojos, but that could easily be remedied with a minimum amount being established. Like from 0-5 the cost will be the same, but from 6 and above the factor would go up by one for every additional member. I think its a very elegant solution to a very big problem Dojos seem to face, which is growth.  

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

If you can't support your statement without mentioning the weapon that shall not be named, I'm sorry but then its not a valid concern. At full capacity a player multiplier would mean the current research cost are not effected, but at while short of max capacity a proportional discount will be applied. I don't see how this would not be feasible nor better than what we currently have. ch of a solo 

The only thing I could see the devs have an issue with is the possibility that this might lead to a bunch of solo Dojos, but that could easily be remedied with a minimum amount being established. Like from 0-5 the cost will be the same, but from 6 and above the factor would go up by one for every additional member. I think its a very elegant solution to a very big problem Dojos seem to face, which is growth.  

Well if you insist i'll quote myself

"500 per player is still a lot, i have almost 2000 hours and i only have around 700 MS, not counting some MS i contributed to research in the past, nothing close to the Hema of course. Moon clans would still have to pay 500k for the research, what you suggest would make little to no difference in regards to Hema.

Now apply this system you suggest to every other research in the dojos, all prices would be way too high, Zephyr bp would be 200 Oxium per player. A clan with 10 players would pay 2000 oxium instead of the flat 200 ghost clans pay.

There is only one actual solution to the Hema problem, DE needs to nerft the cost. "

Or are you suggesting to change research only for the Hema?

18 hours ago, John89brensen said:

Now apply this system you suggest to every other research in the dojos, all prices would be way too high, Zephyr bp would be 200 Oxium per player. A clan with 10 players would pay 2000 oxium instead of the flat 200 ghost clans pay.

I don't think your math is right.

Right now, DE is stating the **** Research is based on a 500/player slot for all clan tiers. To accurately divide the Zephyr BP, you would divide the current cost (200 for ghost) by the maximum number of members for that tier (10 for ghost) to get the cost per person (20 per person in a ghost clan).

The problem comes when you have research items like Amesha. Amesha BP costs 2 nitain and 1 of each built research resource (detonite, fieldron, & mutagen) to research at ghost level. this can't be divided by ten, but you could probably get away with 1 of each per player (as that can be farmed in a day, and full-time players could pull triple duty with ease). The same goes for the Tellerium costs for the wings, harness, and systems.

9 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The problem comes when you have research items like Amesha. Amesha BP costs 2 nitain and 1 of each built research resource (detonite, fieldron, & mutagen) to research at ghost level. this can't be divided by ten, but you could probably get away with 1 of each per player (as that can be farmed in a day, and full-time players could pull triple duty with ease). The same goes for the Tellerium costs for the wings, harness, and systems.

Ignoring the first part for obvious reasons and moving on to your point. I see that in the instances where division isn't possible without fraction a rounded up solution could be implemented. In the case of the Amesha for example, the requirements could be 1 Nitain extract for Dojos with 5 people or less and 2 for those with more than 6, but less then 11. At the end of the day a rounding factor has to be implement regardless, it would just have bigger gaps for the rarer items like forma, reactors, tellurium and so on.