Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Translation please! (Tech Jargon)

(PSN)Carnatus

Question

"Strict NAT detected. NAT-PMP not detected. Please forward UDP ports 4950 & 4955 to 192.168.2.5."

Can someone please carefully explain what I need to do to fix this error, keeping in mind I have absolutely no idea what any of this means?

Please excuse me while I go stress eat chocolate chip cookie dough. My brain hurts.

Your router or/and internet provider does not forward ports warframe needs.

If the problem is in the router - just searh for "forward port on <your router model>"

If the problem is in your provider then there is not much you can do. In my case I had to pay for private IP address.

If your on a router (wireless or hardwired) you'll need to portforward. Think of it like this..

You have 10,000 straws going to your computer/PS4 each with a number. The Warframe servers are configured to accept data from the 4950th and 4955th straw. So you need to have full authority/ownership of those straws so no other device uses those and forces your router to send the data though a different straw. The 1st step is to find out the "Internal IP Address" your router has assigned your PC/PS4.

(For PC)From your desktop go to your start menu and in the search bar type "CMD" and press enter. A little black window should come up. Now in the window type "ipconfig" and hit enter. A bunch of text will fly by and you may have to scroll back up. Look for your Ethernet or wireless (which ever your using) log and you'll see some numbers similar to "198.168.0.###". The ### with be different for every device connected, write down the entire number. Congrats you have your internal IP address. *item get*(end of PC steps)

Edit: To find your PS4s internal IP address look somewhere in the network options. I don't know exactly as I don't use a PS4 but it shouldn't be that hard and continue from here down.

Now open your web browser on a PC on the same router (if you can open a browser on your PS4 then give it a shot) and in the address bar put "192.168.0.1" and hit enter. It will very likely ask for a username and password. If you haven't set one up, you'll have to look up your routers default login info. Sometimes it's user:Admin pass:admin or user:admin pass:password or even just enter nothing and hit enter. I'm sure you can figure it out or find it on the web. (if your in a dorm or in a hotel, your screwed as they won't give that type of access to anyone)

Once your in your router, dig around and look for any options or tabs that give you the options to your ports and portforwarding. Sometimes in security or gaming+apps. Once you find that. Enter your internal IP address in the correct space, select UDP and put in 4950 and do it again for port 4955. Click accept/OK and now your router will only allow the PC/PS4 at that IP address to use those ports. Congrats you've now Portforwarded your PC/PS4.

If this didn't work then come back and tell me and we can walk though Windows firewall and allowing those ports though unrestricted. But if it works, have fun playing warframe.

Edited by Night4ce
noticed was for PS4 user.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

"Strict NAT detected. NAT-PMP not detected. Please forward UDP ports 4950 & 4955 to 192.168.2.5."

Can someone please carefully explain what I need to do to fix this error, keeping in mind I have absolutely no idea what any of this means?

Please excuse me while I go stress eat chocolate chip cookie dough. My brain hurts.

Same here but it doesn't affect login or gameplay. 

I'm confused more now than I was before.

Can I have PS4 specific instructions? I'm on the PS4. As is clearly evident by my forum name.

Speaking of, that's hella ugly. Why does it have to be (PS4)Carnatus? There's not even proper spacing there.

There has to be a more aesthetically appealing way of announcing that it's a PS4 account.

If it helps, I'm using my boyfriend's internet. His ISP is Cox. Yeah, I know, there's a joke to be made there, but right now I'm not in the mood.

Headache. 😫

On 1/22/2017 at 11:15 PM, (PS4)Carnatus said:

It's a firewall setting as other have explained. They want you to forward those ports. I'd never do that on my firewall for a game, it's usually never needed, and for WF it doesn't' seem to affect my gameplay at all, very occasionally i have a trouble sending an invite or two but just resend and it works.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I'm confused more now than I was before.

Can I have PS4 specific instructions? I'm on the PS4. As is clearly evident by my forum name.

Speaking of, that's hella ugly. Why does it have to be (PS4)Carnatus? There's not even proper spacing there.

There has to be a more aesthetically appealing way of announcing that it's a PS4 account.

If it helps, I'm using my boyfriend's internet. His ISP is Cox. Yeah, I know, there's a joke to be made there, but right now I'm not in the mood.

Headache.

Now open your web browser on a PC on the same router (if you can open a browser on your PS4 then give it a shot) and in the address bar put "192.168.0.1" and hit enter. It will very likely ask for a username and password. If you haven't set one up, you'll have to look up your routers default login info. Sometimes it's user:Admin pass:admin or user:admin pass:password or even just enter nothing and hit enter. I'm sure you can figure it out or find it on the web. (if your in a dorm or in a hotel, your screwed as they won't give that type of access to anyone)

Once your in your router, dig around and look for any options or tabs that give you the options to your ports and portforwarding. Sometimes in security or gaming+apps. Once you find that. Enter your internal IP address in the correct space, select UDP and put in 4950 and do this again for port 4955. Click accept/OK and now your router will only allow the PC/PS4 at that IP address to use those ports. Congrats you've now Portforwarded your PC/PS4.

I too use Cox communications so I know for a fact its not your internet service provider. I can't make this any easier other than driving to where ever you are and doing it myself...

On 1/23/2017 at 10:38 AM, (PS4)Carnatus said:

I'm having issues with certain features, like being invited to squads. Failed to join session.

Likewise. Every single time.

On 1/24/2017 at 3:05 AM, Night4ce said:

Once your in your router, dig around and look for any options or tabs that give you the options to your ports and portforwarding. Sometimes in security or gaming+apps. Once you find that. Enter your internal IP address in the correct space, select UDP and put in 4950 and do this again for port 4955. Click accept/OK and now your router will only allow the PC/PS4 at that IP address to use those ports. Congrats you've now Portforwarded your PC/PS4.

I too use Cox communications so I know for a fact its not your internet service provider. I can't make this any easier other than driving to where ever you are and doing it myself...

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

On 24.1.2017 at 11:05 AM, Night4ce said:

in the address bar put "192.168.0.1"

Correction: Put in the IP address your PS4 shows as "Default Gateway". If you changed nothing regarding your router settings, chances are good that 192.168.0.1 will be it. But in my network for example you'd hit a dead end (because the third octet is not 0 and my router is on 254).

Since @(PS4)Carnatus PS4's IP is 192.168.2.5, the router is probably on 192.168.2.1 - many routers also answer to a special address (e.g. for AVM Fritz!Box it's http://fritz.box, for Netgear it's http://routerlogin.net) to make things easier.

I'm in the router. No password is set, thankfully.

It's a Belkin. Not seeing anything related to ports or gaming.

I can turn off the firewall, but if something happens as a result my boyfriend won't be happy with me.

I see: LAN Setup, LAN Settings, DHCP Client List, Internet WAN, Connection Type, DNS, Mac Address, Wireless, Channel and SSID, Security, Wifi Protected Setup, Use an Access Point, Mac Address Control, Firewall, Virtual Servers, Client IP Filters, Mac Address Filtering, DMZ, DDNS, WAN Ping Blocking, Security Log, Utilities, Restart Router, Restore Factory Defaults, Save/Backup Settings, Restore Previous Settings, Firmware Update, System Settings.

Lost as ever. Halp.

We already know the IP (last digit is 5) so you can skip to about 0:55, ports are 4950-4955 and package type is UDP. (Why they called that menu item "Virtual Servers" beats me, though.)

You can either make one rule and have it cover the port range (IANA only has rather obscure stuff registered for that port range, so this shouldn't be a problem) or you make two rules, one for each port.

On 2/2/2017 at 10:46 AM, Bibliothekar said:

We already know the IP (last digit is 5) so you can skip to about 0:55, ports are 4950-4955 and package type is UDP. (Why they called that menu item "Virtual Servers" beats me, though.)

You can either make one rule and have it cover the port range (IANA only has rather obscure stuff registered for that port range, so this shouldn't be a problem) or you make two rules, one for each port.

Okay, so, at some point .5 became .6

Also, there's been some difficulty doing what the video says because what shows on my screen isn't the same.

I have one box to enter in the inbound port and it seems to require me to enter a private port as well.

The UI is completely different. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edited by (PS4)Carnatus
correction

1 minute ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Also, there's been some difficulty doing what the video says because what shows on my screen is different.

I have an inbound port and a private port. The UI is completely different.

Fortunately, that's not a big problem for us since both ports have the same value. ;) ("Inbound" is the port which is on the Internet-side of your router, "private" the one on your internal network.) The UI probably looks like this, right?

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

Fortunately, that's not a big problem for us since both ports have the same value. ;) ("Inbound" is the port which is on the Internet-side of your router, "private" the one on your internal network.) The UI probably looks like this, right?

What do I put in each box? Inbound port, private ip address, private port.

I know I should switch it to UDP right? But other than that, I'm completely lost.

C58o_trVMAEkvC7.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Carnatus
more info

before you go further into port forwarding...

are you and bf trying to play warframe at same time when error happens?

if you guys are, then go to warframe option on any, but only one of the accounts and change ports for game, from the game menu option.

Edited by Souldend78

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

No. My bf is (sadly) not a gamer.

*cries*

welcome to the "our better half is not a gamer" club.

Looks like the interface for router is not too bad to follow. (But will type in case I make error and someone else needs to correct me- since not a techie)

Description > Warframe (might want to create a second one since 2 ports)

Inbound port > numbers that game gives you

UDP (<- chance tcp to udp) ports 4950 & 4955

and last, private ip

Good luck and tell bf he needs to at least try warframe , even if for lolz. 

1 hour ago, Souldend78 said:

welcome to the "our better half is not a gamer" club.

Looks like the interface for router is not too bad to follow. (But will type in case I make error and someone else needs to correct me- since not a techie)

Description > Warframe (might want to create a second one since 2 ports)

Inbound port > numbers that game gives you

and last, private ip

Good luck and tell bf he needs to at least try warframe , even if for lolz. 

Halp. Please. Before I start stress eating cookie dough again.

*whimpers*
C59WQTKVAAAWgSY.jpg
C59WRdyUsAAiYO9.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Carnatus
rewording

6 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Halp. Please. Before I start stress eating cookie dough again.

For both port fields, inbound and private, you write the same number. So the last fields are 4950 and 4955 respectively. Or you make it one line and write "4950-4955" into both fields, as I did in row 4 with my glorious paint skills:

c6NDLLq.jpg

(In that case, you don't need the rows for the individual ports.)

11 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

For both port fields, inbound and private, you write the same number. So the last fields are 4950 and 4955 respectively. Or you make it one line and write "4950-4955" into both fields, as I did in row 4 with my glorious paint skills:

c6NDLLq.jpg

(In that case, you don't need the rows for the individual ports.)

Okay, phew, thanks. I'll try entering this exactly.

Okay, good news and bad news. The good news is I was able to successfully apply these changes.

The bad news is, the error message still shows upon logging into Warframe. I'm gonna restart my PS4 and try logging in again.

Yup. Still erring.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

The bad news is, the error message still shows upon logging into Warframe. I'm gonna restart my PS4 and try logging in again.

Yup. Still erring.

Well, poop ... I'm out of ideas unfortunately. :(

Or, more precisely, there's nothing more I can do from a distance right now, and as much as I'd like to come over and check your stuff network in exchange for some cookies, I doubt I find a trans-Atlantic airline that accepts a cup of tea as payment.

Edited by Bibliothekar
let's clarify that, before your boyfriend gets angry ...