Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Nitain alerts last longer

Retrijeuj

We all know how annoying "farming" Nitain can get, because you need to be there when an alert pops up. It would make things much easier if Nitain alerts lasted until the next one starts, ensuring that you could get your Nitain at any given time. I don't get the point of having them last ~45 minutes.

It's an incentive to keep player continually loging back to the game.
I know is tedious if you need it to build something (that you want NOW) but this is the nature of all f2p games and, to be honest, this is just a mild inconvenience compared to what other f2p games make you do.

Be patient, don't get so worked up about missing an alert, another one will pop up in a couple of hours. If you can't stay because you have something else to do, don't worry there will be more after. Just try to switch your build focus on things that don't need Nitain and do the alerts as they pop up when you are playing.

I'm also a new player, I've suffered through Nitain shortage but there is so much stuff to build and try out that switching focus to build other stuff is really easy and you forget that you have things in the back burner that need Nitain to be finished.

Right now, a couple of months after I started playing I have more Oxium and Nitain than I've ever need buy just playing and doing alerts, I've never focused on farming them and I've even taken the luxury of refusing to do Nitain alerts if it was a mission type I don't like. Resources just pile up without you noticing if you don't use them.

Finally, I'm not going to say this to brag about but for you to get an idea of how much you can pile up "difficult to get" resources when you just focus to do something else. As of now, I've already build Ivara, Zephyr, Sonicor, Tonkor and all Vauban Prime parts (I just got the main blueprint for him) and I still have 7k Oxium and 50 Nitain in reserve. Again, I've never farmed for Oxium or Nitain, just played and build stuff as the resources requirements were met. 

To be honest, I've been more troubled by not having enough credits to build stuff or resources like Orokin Cells and Nano Spores being locked off on the later half of the chart as a new player than suffering for the lack of Nitain or Oxium.

@es3ado You got it wrong, I'm not a new player. I've built almost all the warframes the game has to offer, and right now I'm trying to get enough Nitain to finish building Vauban Prime. I don't really mind the 20 Nitain requirement, it takes time but it's not absurd. But most days I don't get any Nitain because I'm just not logged at the right time, which is why I'd like these alerts to be continuous.

There are people (who aren't me, but still, let's think about them) who can't log in whenever they want. Why wouldn't these people be allowed to get Nitain like we do ?

54 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

@es3ado You got it wrong, I'm not a new player. I've built almost all the warframes the game has to offer, and right now I'm trying to get enough Nitain to finish building Vauban Prime. I don't really mind the 20 Nitain requirement, it takes time but it's not absurd. But most days I don't get any Nitain because I'm just not logged at the right time, which is why I'd like these alerts to be continuous.

There are people (who aren't me, but still, let's think about them) who can't log in whenever they want. Why wouldn't these people be allowed to get Nitain like we do ?

Oh, I see. But it is still a mild inconvenience to anyone.

I know how it is to miss an alert. I don't have much time to play on week days, only on weekends I can sit and play for hours. I miss a lot of alerts, whenever an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor appears as an alert while I'm at work it hurts, specially because how important those are for a new player like me. I've even miss some weapon variant components/bp invasions and God knows when they'll cycle again so I can get my chance to get them.

Continuous alerts would a be nice thing but it would defeat the purpose Nitain being an alert only resource to keep players loging back to the game. Once you understand why DE made it this way, that you have several chances every day to get one and that (so far) you only need a few to build a single item, you realize is not such a big deal.

For convenience sake and as a compromise, I don't see any harm on condensing all Nitain alerts of one weekend day into a single alert that last for 24hs but I'm not knowledgeable enough to firmly say if this is a good idea in the long run for the game's internal economy.

PS:

Right now, there is an Orokin Reactor Alert and I'm away from my gaming computer. There is 4 min left, I need those badly yet, is not the end of the world for me. I know there will be others and maybe they'll pop up when I'm able to get them.

Edited by es3ado
Add info

1 hour ago, es3ado said:

Continuous alerts would a be nice thing but it would defeat the purpose Nitain being an alert only resource to keep players loging back to the game. Once you understand why DE made it this way, that you have several chances every day to get one and that (so far) you only need a few to build a single item, you realize is not such a big deal.

If continuous alerts would cause alertium income to be judged as "too high", why not reduce the alert frequency while still keeping them back to back. You still need to log in and do the mission to get it, but this way it won't screw over players with an irregular schedule.

1 minute ago, DoomFruit said:

If continuous alerts would cause alertium income to be judged as "too high", why not reduce the alert frequency while still keeping them back to back. You still need to log in and do the mission to get it, but this way it won't screw over players with an irregular schedule.

This indeed. Two Nitains a day would seem reasonable to me.

reducing the alert frequency while still keeping them back to back is the equivalent of having one very long alert at some random time in the day. this change might be favorable for you all. but this may not be favorable for a lot of other folks who play the game. I don't have any problems with nitain as I've managed to collect a good bit.

but I understand that i'm not the only one playing this game. more alerts at different times in the day manages to give a larger fraction of the player base equal opportunity as opposed to fewer alerts at one random time during the day.