Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my friends account was hacked pls help

ir0nskin

Question

8 answers to this question

Submit a support ticket we can't do anything here sadly :( 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Mention your friend account name and tell them the story they will be able to help your friend.

Sadly it may take time they are under a lot of ticket right now. Patience is the key dont make multiple tickets ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Let's get this straight: There is no way your girlfriend got "hacked". I mean, nobody got her information from Steam or from DE. Most likely the "hacker" got your friends information from your friend. So don't expect DE to help you or your friend...

Its important to keep in mind that steam account and warframe account may use different password.So having both in on shot with all related stuff in the way may be very rare.This situation may occur.

On the other hand. A keylogger is so easy to put in place and fishing is kinda super easy on some people. I highly avoid cathegorize those kind of things that fast.

@Changeintoatruck i strongly advise to contact support they will look into it. If the account was given to other on freewill they might not help you but if your friend realy got hacked then yes they will help her.

Edited by trunks013

2 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Its important to keep in mind that steam account and warframe account may use different password.So having both in on shot with all related stuff in the way may be very rare.This situation may occur.

On the other hand. A keylogger is so easy to put in place and fishing is kinda super easy on some people. I highly avoid cathegorize those kind of things that fast.

Still it's not DE's fault something like that happened.
Sure, DE is pretty nice about this kind of stuff. They might help.
But in the end it's still on the user to secure his information.
I just wanted to make this clear, because almost always when someone tells the story about him getting hacked, these people say they never did anything wrong. It's always the publisher who gave away the information. And that's just ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Still it's not DE's fault something like that happened.
Sure, DE is pretty nice about this kind of stuff. They might help.
But in the end it's still on the user to secure his information.
I just wanted to make this clear, because almost always when someone tells the story about him getting hacked, these people say they never did anything wrong. It's always the publisher who gave away the information. And that's just ridiculous.

Not DE's fault you are totaly right.

" Let's get this straight: There is no way your girlfriend got "hacked" " Thats just plain false. It can be true but its not sure. Hacking is not only on server side.

" So don't expect DE to help you or your friend. " Is not yours or my call to make.

This tenno just has to contact support and they will take a look at it. Its not ours to judge.

Edited by trunks013

Just now, trunks013 said:

" Let's get this straight: There is no way your girlfriend got "hacked" " Thats just plain false. It can be true. Hacking is not only on server side.

Yeah... I did not phrase that right.

1 minute ago, trunks013 said:

" So don't expect DE to help you or your friend. " Is not yours or my call to make.

But that's actually a mistake on your side.
Sure, DE has to decide if the want to help, or not. But what I said is totally true. The OP should not expect them to help him. They don't have any obligation to help him. If the do, great for him. If not, he can't do anything about it.

We can't do anything to get her account back, what you can do is contact support and educate her on password complexity and account security. To not trust anybody on the internet and just keep it a secret. 

She doesn't give out her password. her steam & warframe ones are different but use the same email. they both use letters and multiple numbers. shes doesnt click any links for free items or anything bc she doesnt need them. shes just been unlucky. i think she has her warframe account back now, but her steam is still gone.