Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with relentless combination in builds

(PSN)forChristsake

Question

4 answers to this question

I mostly use Relentless Combination for my Slash Nikana Ash build, as Ash's passive and Seeking Shuriken augment lets me get away with only slash damage in most situations. It uses Drifting Contact (or Body Count), Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush, Buzz Kill, Primed Point Strike+Fury, Spoiled Strike, and True Steel.

Edit: probably not True Steel as I still need room for Relentless combination. Just working from the top of my head. Not logged in at the moment to check the build

Edited by AXCrusnik

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

I mostly use Relentless Combination for my Slash Nikana Ash build, as Ash's passive and Seeking Shuriken augment lets me get away with only slash damage in most situations. It uses Drifting Contact (or Body Count), Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush, Buzz Kill, Primed Point Strike+Fury, Spoiled Strike, and True Steel.

I was going to say it depends not only the weapon and mods you use to synergize Relentless Combination with but the Warframe as well.

Im a Big Ash player, soo Relentless Combination can go great with a Rising Storm+Body Count+Blood Rush build

Its simple just get creative man

Destreza is Easy, just build normally aside from that mod. Vulpine Mask has a combo that has 100% slash proc. The Same applies to Telos Boltace, Just make sure you slide and have extra range. The Slide attack procs slash with the AoE attack.

For other weapon though, you may want to consider mods like Jagged Edge, Weeping Wounds or just other status or Slash damage mods. Procs are weighted base on damage values, with physical (impact, puncture, slash) being weighted 4x stronger than elementals.

Edited by Ruby_Rose_

Depending on how you play the game relentless combination is a trap mod and I say this because of how the combo multiplier scales.

4 3.0X 135
5 3.5X 405
6 4.0X 1,215
7 4.5X 3,645
8 5.0X 10,935

So first throw every non-endless mission out, even if you melee kill and slash proc every enemy in it you'll never hit a 4.0x. 

In endless missions how deep are you going?  20 or 40 minutes in survival?  2000 cryotic in excavation?  In those you have a pretty slim chance of hitting 4.5x but you probably won't.  If you don't hit 4.5x then the mod didn't do you any good because you would have gotten to 4.0x regardless just a little later in the mission.  Ask yourself how important is it to speed up the jump from 3.5x to 4.0x by a little bit.

On the other hand if you are looking to go 1 or 2 hours (or even more) in a survival then yeah, I could see this mod being a real all star.  I would venture to guess that 90% of the player base doesn't ever do this length of a mission.  Chasing fast, easy rewards is just more efficient - extract at 20 or 40 and repeat.

For a real world example I'll use the same data point I put into a mutagen sample farming thread.  I did a 25 minute ODS solo yesterday with an atterax modded for physical damage with relentless combination, drifting contact, etc.

At the end my kill count was approximately 2000 and my combo counter was 3000.  +1000 on the counter is pretty huge right!  Nope, totally doesn't matter since I ended with the same 4.0x multiplier that I would have had if I just straight up killed those 2000 enemies.