Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt augments,ability rework idea

DefectiveMagus

Recently i have started playing volt a lot.I started my warframe experience with volt and played him a lot at the start.

Only recently i have re discovered him picking dust in my arsenal and thought of giving him a try after picking up capacitance augment.

So after a lot of playing sorties,kuva siphons,void fissure missions i got a few ideas developing in my head for volt overall.

First of all my idea of volt and how i love to play him is similar to nidus,more about using your warframe powers and having a specific play style to that frame than just picking up soma,tonkor etc. and shooting everything.

augment ideas:

For his first ability:

Augment that lets him channel it dealing more DPS over time as he channels longer.You would look like a sith lord :D 

for his shield ability:

the shield goes on his body surounding him in a electric shell.All attacks(melee) and shots fired will have bonus electric dmg to them and the shield would have A CHANCE to deflect a bullet,or it could have a chance to zap a enemy like chromas effigy.actually now that i think about it,that wouldnt change a lot from what you can curentlly do...

for his speed ability:

When at full static charge the ability would be turned on and used minimal energy per sec or no energy at all.

I would love to make volt useful and active in all level difficulties(meaning it would scale like nidus) his passive the static charge could be further improved and have it be similar to niduses infected charges except you would get the static charge up faster and when you would use your abilites the charge would drain slowly buffing your dmg and speed.

So the static charge would be like a battery,could have a battery icon on the HUD that fiils up as you run and do parkour and would make you run quicker and reload faster the more you had it,and when you use your abilities they would drain the battery charge and use your energy giving you more dmg.

These are all just quick ideas that poped into my head after playing volt for quite some time now,i would just love to be able to solely play him without the need for guns,to be able to play more actively constantly doing something.

I hope you read it at and feel free to tell your opinion,i would love to hear what other people think.

Edited by AoBaka

Everyone enjoys the idea of palpatine hands. They are fun. In reality, if DE implemented it, itd be about as useful as chromas electrical version, but if it looked cool, thatd be a plus.

I would say not to worry about trying to make the sheild have anything to do with rng, even if you feel someone will say the idea is over powered. DE is going to have to come out with an augment for sheild eventually, and this could be it.

I feel the passive could be better, if it charged up faster, only depleted on powers and melee attacks.

And speed would help if it would help fill up the static charge faster, possibly even if you werent on the ground, as long as speed was active, static charge would build up.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Everyone enjoys the idea of palpatine hands. They are fun. In reality, if DE implemented it, itd be about as useful as chromas electrical version, but if it looked cool, thatd be a plus.

I would say not to worry about trying to make the sheild have anything to do with rng, even if you feel someone will say the idea is over powered. DE is going to have to come out with an augment for sheild eventually, and this could be it.

I feel the passive could be better, if it charged up faster, only depleted on powers and melee attacks.

And speed would help if it would help fill up the static charge faster, possibly even if you werent on the ground, as long as speed was active, static charge would build up.

when i think of volt i think of the electric alien from ben 10 xD.That the more static charge he has the more powerful he is.I know it sounds the same as nidus but volt is a battery and the more electricity he can build up the stronger and quicker he can be.

latest?cb=20100407190517

With the design behind nidus a lot more different and unique ideas come to mind with other frames as well.Since now nidus is just above everyone else just cause of his specific infected meter that grands him all kind of buffs and is really interesting to play.I would like volt to be like that,constant action and button spamming i guess,but you would be running around super charge electrocuting everything xD 

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored so came up with this, this changes his kit tho

Speed now is his passive

1. You throw a powerful thunderbolt, dealing incredible splash damage

2. A continous electrical arc

3. Discharge now his third

4. Volt summons a continous lightning storm, when it hits Volt, he gets buff and the storm deals massive damage

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik