Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got host migration seconds before victory on sortie 3 interception, and got kicked back to my ship each time

2Peter3Nine

EDIT --- 8:12 PM

After getting host migration blocked four times in a row just inches from victory in today's sortie 3 interception mission

I got 4000 endo.

Oh my gosh, that is insult to injury!

Four times, in a row, host migration prevented me from winning, on the last wave, before killing the last guy,

and all I got is 4000 endo.

I think that calls for a rage quit.

EDIT -----

It happened, yet again....

What's going on?

This is the fourth time in a row I got host migrated from today's sortie 3 interception.

But this time the video is long enough to upload.

Says it'll be done in half an hour, so I guess i'll try again while waiting.

~~~~~~~~~

It happened again, and I got a recording.

But, it's over 15 minutes long, so I can't upload it to youtube.

~~~~~~~~~~

Older stuff-----vvvvv

Sortie 3 interception.

Yeah, I brought Nyx.

Easy peasy.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, host migration literally seconds before winning.

But that really was just the cherry on top of the messy mission.

Man, the lag, it was the worst ever.

I really wish I was recording it, because so many things went so wrong.

Expect more buggy game recordings in the future, because I won't play a mission with it recording anymore.

But don't worry, I won't upload it unless there is something really bad that needs looking at.

So I was wondering, could you guys by chance, make it so when there is a host migration,

instead of it kicking you back to your ship, it just brings you back to the mission by yourself?

Because, this isn't the first time a host migration happened seconds before victory,

and it certainly won't be the last time either.

Edited by General_Durandal

It's supposed to leave you in the mission after a host migration, if it kicked you back the migration probably failed. I'd report it as a bug if I were you. The thing to do is grab your EE.log (make a copy because it gets overwritten when you start the launcher) and send it to support with a description of what happened.

You can find your EE.log under c/users/[yourname]/appdata/local/warframe/   unless you put the launcher somewhere else. Remember it's NOT the same folder that warframe is actually in if you're steam user, the launcher isn't in the steam folder at all. It's probably too late now, because if you've started warframe up since then it was erased, but next time grab it right away. (if by some chance you haven't restarted WF since then, grab a copy of it.)

When you have that, go to support (under community on the main page) and tell them what happened. include your log, and answer the questions they send you (because they likely will). Don't bother asking for anything, you probably won't get it. But reporting it might help them fix it.

16 minutes ago, midtarget said:

i did a 40 mins survival and got host migrated and mission fail during extraction

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

It's supposed to leave you in the mission after a host migration, if it kicked you back the migration probably failed. I'd report it as a bug if I were you. The thing to do is grab your EE.log (make a copy because it gets overwritten when you start the launcher) and send it to support with a description of what happened.

You can find your EE.log under c/users/[yourname]/appdata/local/warframe/   unless you put the launcher somewhere else. Remember it's NOT the same folder that warframe is actually in if you're steam user, the launcher isn't in the steam folder at all. It's probably too late now, because if you've started warframe up since then it was erased, but next time grab it right away. (if by some chance you haven't restarted WF since then, grab a copy of it.)

When you have that, go to support (under community on the main page) and tell them what happened. include your log, and answer the questions they send you (because they likely will). Don't bother asking for anything, you probably won't get it. But reporting it might help them fix it.

LMAO, I got another host migration seconds before the mission was complete.

I recorded it this time though, but the video is over 15 minutes long so I can't upload it to youtube lol

Edited by General_Durandal

2 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

then people go and wonder why vets use overly efficient builds to cheese past the mindless grind.

when at any random time your effort and time is instantly undone, over and over again.

say to hell with it and skirt by with bare minimums of effort.

Everyone already doesn't put their full effort into it.

That's why there are so many complaints about the game being to hard.

10 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

but the video is over 15 minutes long so I can't upload it to youtube lol

Download windows movie maker. It's free and easy to use. You can use that to edit the recording to make it shorter, then upload it. But support doesn't need a video, what they need is the EE.log.

9 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

That's why there are so many complaints about the game being to hard.

It's funny, I hear a lot more complaints about it being too easy. But I think it's kind of a vets vs newer players thing, once you get to a point you can trivialize just about anything in the game.

Don't ever run endless missions pubs unless you're the host. That's my personal rule at least.

DE haven't got a handle on most migration during the 4 years I've played this game and they never will.

They aren't keeping state of a session on their end to keep the cost on their infrastructure low so when the hand-off between the peering player's computers fails it just tears down the session. But even if it doesn't fail they are not even properly keeping state between the peers because they never updated the code to handle new things like passives and such. Lazy.

18 minutes ago, Snib said:

Don't ever run endless missions pubs unless you're the host. That's my personal rule at least.

DE haven't got a handle on most migration during the 4 years I've played this game and they never will.

They aren't keeping state of a session on their end to keep the cost on their infrastructure low so when the hand-off between the peering player's computers fails it just tears down the session. But even if it doesn't fail they are not even properly keeping state between the peers because they never updated the code to handle new things like passives and such. Lazy.

It happened, yet again....

What's going on?

This is the fourth time in a row I got host migrated from today's sortie 3 interception.

But this time the video is long enough to upload.

Says it'll be done in half an hour, so I guess i'll try again while waiting.