The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge Random Fps Drops

mob9221

I haven't played warframe in a long time. Just came back played for about an hour, get a notification for new driver from Nvidia. Download and install. Go back to playing again. FPS suddenly starts to drop randomly my frame time spikes to about 150ms and higher for no apparent reason although its much more apparent when there is a lot of audio being played (lotus transmissions along with the kuva siphon sounds). I'm wondering if any of you get the same issue. My computer also starts to slow down a lot with Warframe basically unusable sometimes. It doesn't happen with other and much more demanding games i.e bf1, COD BO:3. My FPS also isn't the best in this game and it seems to be just warframe.

Specs:

i7-4720HQ

Nvidia GeForce 960M

8 GB Ram

Pretty sure this is more than enough to play warframe at max?

I hope its just the driver not my system. Any help would be appreciated.

20 hours ago, mob9221 said:

get a notification for new driver from Nvidia. Download and install.

We have been receiving reports from players that the latest Nvidia driver (version 378.49) may have some memory issues when playing Warframe. Can you try rolling back to the previous driver and see if you notice any improvement? We recommend using a program like DDU to clean the current driver off of your system, then install the 376.33 drivers.

18 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

We have been receiving reports from players that the latest Nvidia driver (version 378.49) may have some memory issues when playing Warframe. Can you try rolling back to the previous driver and see if you notice any improvement? We recommend using a program like DDU to clean the current driver off of your system, then install the 376.33 drivers.

I chose the perform clean installation option in Nvidia installer for 376.33 driver. The frame time still spikes up some times out of nowhere but its much less frequent and lasts much less longer unlike the other driver. It seems to be more prevalent when there is a lot of sound being played especially in those siphon missions. The game is atleast playable for now.

On a side note, i used MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display to monitor what happens in the card when the frame drops happen. Apparently, the usage sinks to 0% for everything, the audio crackles momentarily then comes back to normal after some time.

On 31/01/2017 at 5:48 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

I'm also getting issues on a HD 7970... Doesn't seem vendor specific. Memory is gradually increasing as time goes on but nowhere near as drastic as some people are reporting.

Edited by AreYouAWiiizard

11 hours ago, SeshJoiner said:

Ive been having FPS issues as well. Used to get around 300 in game, now I get around 100 and it tends to randomly drop from there

Ive got a 980ti, i7-4790k, 16GBs of ram

Does your frame time suddenly spike from there?

52 minutes ago, mob9221 said:

Does your frame time suddenly spike from there?

It drops down to maybe 30-40 for about a minute or two then goes back to around 100 doesnt go any higher except when Im in my ship or load screen, and sometimes when Im loading it jumps to 2k fps

Its annoying because this used to never happen.

Would also like to add that i too am getting this. Currently running AMD 6350 @3.91Ghz | 8GB AMD rx480 ROG Strix edition | 32GB RAM | Windows 7 x64.

I've turned my settings to low and still have the issue. I know my computer is more than capable of playing on max settings but even on low I get kicked down to 1-10fps range a LOT. I used the ROG gear to watch card usage and it's pulling at most 800MB usage but also drops to 0 usage when lag hits.

**EDIT** I'm seeing a lot of people with Nvidia cards having this issue and not as many with AMD or Intel based GPU's. I myself have AMD and am having the issue. Just had an update for my card and am still getting a lot of stuttering. Don't think it's a driver issue at this point as I always do a clean install for my drivers (had a bad experience with an Nvidia gtx750) :crylaugh:.

Edited by Hosanin
Update

Out of the bunch of games i have tested, Mass Effect 3 and Warframe are the only ones affected. The Frame Time suddenly spikes up to 140+ ms i.e Mass Effect 3 which makes them unplayable. Trying to contact Nvidia support with no luck yet (Might be driver issue or settings issue). Games like shadow of mordor and battlefield 1 still run as they used to and are much more demanding games than Warframe without the frame time spike issue. Will update once i manage to get in touch with Nvidia :)

@mob9221

Maybe Warframe has problems, recently I get fps down and had about 40 fps at that time

And maybe Maybe NVIDIA did not make updates to support the graphics engine of Warframe

Use an old version of your graph and try, see testing between versions.

Edited by SoldadoVzla