Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Moderaters

(XBOX)TRMC Galaxy

Question

We need more people to moderate chat. If there is a way to submit my name to become a chat moderator I would like to do so. I am very active and knowledgeable about warframe. I have noticed that since the new "chat moderator/senior guide change" chat has become especially raunchy.  Seriously it's overwhelming and there are too many ways to get around kickbot. I feel like I would make a great chat moderator.

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

"Q: How do I become a Chat Moderator?
A: To be blunt, you don’t. Chat Moderators are carefully selected by DE staff to keep a watchful eye on chat. There is no application or sweet talking to become a Chat Moderator."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/750829-in-game-chat-moderators-faq/

Iit seems a bit absurd that only 11 people are moderating North America while there is such a large community. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)TRMC Galaxy said:

Iit seems a bit absurd that only 11 people are moderating North America while there is such a large community. 

It's not just the forum moderaters with in game chat moderation powers, but the Guides of the Lotus as well. 

When they recruit for more GotL, you can apply.

4 hours ago, Noamuth said:

It's not just the forum moderaters with in game chat moderation powers, but the Guides of the Lotus as well.

Oh please. The GoL are about non existent as well. I have yet to see one actually present in game. I've seen mods on like Crewman, but never a guide.

Chat moderation is a full time job, not sure you actually want it. Players like to make thier own rules about where to post things when one tab is not working for them. Region chat gets bogged down with recruiting and trade, then folks get salty when you ask them politely to go to the correct tab. "I was posting in trade for literally 20 minutes, I deserve to use region for this" or "all I see is akkad in recruiting" and so on.

Many of the senior gotl were or still are allowed to turn off purple and you may not see them in chat, but when they are they regulate as best they can. It is a volunteer position and they should be able to play the game like the rest of us instead of spending so much time keeping things civil in chat.

12 hours ago, Noamuth said:

So? They still have moderation powers.

Incorrect, Chat moderators and Guides of the Lotus are separate.

No Guides have chat moderation powers. Only players selected by DE specifically to be chat moderators. 

The full list of chat mods can be found here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/750829-in-game-chat-moderators-faq/