Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sovereign Outcast solo farming question

Robj414

Question

Ok, have been farming for the Sovereign Outcast stance for a while now, due to not always being able to find a group to farm with am wondering what setups people have had the most luck with for solo runs.  Am currently using nekros with galatine prime, tempo royale and the naramon focus tree with max shadow step and cooldown and can go an hour before I get hit with the combo of boredom and depression.  Wondering if anyone has any other setups that can go an hour plus and also increase the chance of getting this F*%&$@!? stance to drop....   :(

6 answers to this question

Pretty much any somewhat acceptable Frame and Weapon will do, just depends on the use of Abilities, Mods and Combos. But as you seem to love the Meta (galatine + shadowstep..obviously :P) i'd say Bladestorm Ash, Invisibility Loki, Hysteria Valkyr with something like Tigris Prime, Tonkor, Vaykor Hek.. or even Mirage + Synoid Simulor.

if you have ivara you can make it fairly trivial just stay in prowl and get 2 chances per heavy gunner at getting the mod i spent at least 3 hours trying to get it last night with random groups (1 hour each)

if you can find a group with 3 ivara and a nekro's you would have a nice bit of loot or even the mod

take something like secura lecta just to get at least something worth while out of the disappointment of not getting the mod you want xD  

54 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Pretty much any somewhat acceptable Frame and Weapon will do, just depends on the use of Abilities, Mods and Combos. But as you seem to love the Meta (galatine + shadowstep..obviously :P) i'd say Bladestorm Ash, Invisibility Loki, Hysteria Valkyr with something like Tigris Prime, Tonkor, Vaykor Hek.. or even Mirage + Synoid Simulor.

As stated I want something that can also help increase the drop chance, such as ivara and hydroid as other people have mentioned.  As for loving the meta, this is the only time I have used this setup as it made sense for survivability and being able to cut enemies in half to have more things to desecrate, so yeah...

3 hours ago, Robj414 said:

As stated I want something that can also help increase the drop chance, such as ivara and hydroid as other people have mentioned.  As for loving the meta, this is the only time I have used this setup as it made sense for survivability and being able to cut enemies in half to have more things to desecrate, so yeah...

Unfortunately one of the pitfalls of using the forums is dealing with nonsensical replies such as the one you received here. Pretty much why I never visit the forums unless I'm in transit, despite playing for just over 3.5 years.

It's 100% obvious (to me) that you're using a slash weapon to increase the corpses and thus the chance of desecrate pulling something for you. Face palm worthy moments such as suggesting you use a Tonkor, or even a 100% elemental weapon like the Simulor should clue you into how much that post needs to be ignored. I won't bother on commenting on the frames suggested there.

There is unfortunately no real way around the RNG in this game, Nekros and a Slash weapon are pretty much the best you can get solo - I use Nekros Prime and an Orthos Prime outfitted with Primed Reach pretty much exclusively for this purpose. It being meta or whatever is irrelevant: you have exactly 3 options for frames to increase drops (each slightly different in approach), with Hydroid imo being the worst of the three when running solo.

Admittedly I get a lot of newer mods from Transmutation - but this has a gigantic credit cost, and burns duplicate mods - so it is not something I would recommend ...well to anyone really. 

You're pretty much approaching this in the best way already, perhaps try the suggestions of Prowl Ivara as a change up for the boredom. There isn't much else that can be done unfortunately.