Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some feedback.

Detheris

In PVE warframe is playable with up to 500ms ping, at that point doors can break on you and its pretty hard to dodge things.

Conclave is unplayable at 60ping, im unsure whether you have regional dedicated servers or if its hosted by a player as this event is my first experience with it.

if its hosted by a player its immediately unwinnable(well just very unlikely) in an equal-to-similar skill bracket due to host advantage.

Using the current event as an example: The quick melee attack can knockdown lock a player inescapably if said player has more than 50ms ping, they can jump/roll/run out of range and still get pinned down.

The hikou weapons been projectile will register as hits for clients and fail to do damage due to ping difference and the game preferring information from the host.

Ignoring the hit detection issues for a second the win condition for the game leads to unhealthy play, points are scored via picking up drops from killed players(in a free for all..) not actually for killing players, this means the entire gamemode is an excercise in been cheap as fuck. Sit back wait for someone to die bullet jump in and steal the prize.

It doesn't reward getting kills, it rewards stealing drops. It punishes using ranged weapons to finish someone off safely because it allows for some other unseen player to nick the drop.

Terribly designed and horribly implemented gamemode, there is no way to play it other than casually or as a complete C*** which is anathema to a healthy pvp environment.

Please fix.

Edited by Detheris

The thing is half of the things you mentioned aren't even the game modes fault. But actually, the people playing it.

With an event like this, a lot of non-PvP players join and find the cheapest strategy for completing it. In this case, it is the melee slam spam. For people who actually play the game mode to have fun, they tend to use this in moderation. It's also worth mentioning that the 4-second knockdown immunity isn't present in this game mode for some reason. As for lag, there are dedicated servers. Most of which I get 50ms ping on and tend not to have too many issues lag wise. Melee spam and Oro stealing come down to the players in that match. Once the event blows over though I'm sure you will find the people playing it to be much more respectful and considerate. But keep in mind this is a competitive game mode. If you kill someone and decide to wait 10 seconds before grabbing there Oro that is on you, not the player taking it.

46 minutes ago, -DragonOfTheWest- said:

The thing is half of the things you mentioned aren't even the game modes fault. But actually, the people playing it.

Honestly if it exists in the gamemode there is no reason not to do it. PVP is meant to be competitive, cheap play should not be such an effective tactic if the gamemode is intended to have a healthy community.
I honestly blew this event over in a few games then played it a bit longer, most effective strategy imho is to bullet jump over a player(s) and then plunging strike, you get a guaranteed kill & instantly collect their ORO and potentially knock down the others they're fighting with if applicable, rinse repeat.

But keep in mind this is a competitive game mode. If you kill someone and decide to wait 10 seconds before grabbing there Oro that is on you, not the player taking it.

The point is, i have a ranged weapon, i use it at range, i score a kill with it but theres a guy i didnt see closer to the victim than i am, so he grabs it < 3 seconds later. << That is what i mean by punishing ranged play.

Making the oro orbs not visible/collectable by other players for 5~ seconds would resolve this issue.

It's also worth mentioning that the 4-second knockdown immunity isn't present in this game mode for some reason.

That's definantly worth mentioning.... as said this is my first experience with WF pvp.

As for lag, there are dedicated servers.

If you're talking about the community hosted dedicated servers then.. No.. not in Australia friend, majority of people dont have sufficient upload to run a dedicated server because they're still on copper cable adsl.. i'd genuinely prefer to be hosted at a consistant 100ms by people in singapore than deal with an unstable host and the packet loss that implies.

Salt aside, i did have fun with the gamemode, i seriously doubt it will be played much after the event in its current state however..
I'll probably look into hosting a community server though! Thanks for letting me know (googled it lel) about them!

Edited by Detheris
keeps censoring mah language ;c

Day 3

This is actually quite a fun gamemode, hope it sticks around.

Week old me is dumb.

Actual suggestions/bugs i've noticed in conclaves event mode.

1. Cant open options when dead, please fix.
2. When dead cant open chat until you press "space" to acknowledge you're dead and start the respawn timer
3. No dedicated keybindings for the "PVP mode" outside of lunaro, this is a quality of life thing for the PVE players tbh*.
4. Bad host selection/no network tests performed.**

*PVE players will likely have the reachable hotkeys bound to powers or gear (synthesis scanner on mouse4 yo) all of these keys are useless in the 1vAll annihilation conclave (possibly others, havent played them..) and its a pain to rebind them when swapping between gamemodes.

**Host selection appears to be "luck" based in a first-come first-served arrangement which is bad.
It wouldn't be hard to make the clients ping each other then eliminate the clients with the worst connection based on that metric from the host selection.
Afterwards perform a minor stress test on the remaining host(s) to see whether their internet connection is actually capable of maintaining this connection, you could use the countdown to game start to perform this test and then select a host during the load in without causing significant gameplay.

Quick pull of my connection metrics from the game where i was selected as host shows me pushing 190kb/s up and 60kb/s down.
qxDZPqC.png
There were 6 4 people in my game, i'll assume the requirements just go up!?. Not everyone has 200kb/s upload bandwidth because trash ISP's.

^^Just an example, honestly any form of test to make sure the host client is capable of hosting a game would go a great way to improving conclave in general.

Edited by Detheris
didnt notice -headless.