Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Leader Power

buckbullstallion

Until this is addressed I will not contribute to a clan nor will I join one

Clan leader power on Kicking. I was a victim of a Clan Leader gone rouge and has kicked everyone from Clan, other then himself and one other, and now the resources that were used in the clan are gone. I paid for over 5 forma 100 platinum for this clan and the leader kicked everyone. and was able to retain clan. Now I suggest that there should be a penalty to kicking people from clan and that penalty should be that they get the resources back and rooms that were created using those resources should be removed until resources are replaced. this will prevent abuse of power. likewise if someone wants to clan jump they lose any resources they put into the clan, this will prevent people from leaving if they are heavily invested. 

I am sure most people are in decent Clans with Sane people leading them, but honestly one power tripping clan leader can destroy the experience of an otherwise decent group of individuals. I didn't have a fall out with leader - apparently someone did, and it trickled down to the leader having the power to remove all but himself and his friend from the clan. like 6 or 9 people were kicked from clan. I have spoken to 3 of the people that were kicked, one of the peoples account was apparently hacked as well from all of this. 

Several support tickets were filed from other members in the clan with no positive resolution to this issue. Please Warframe if you read this implement this solution above to prevent abuse of power. thank you.

No. There aren't clan leaders stupid enough to do that. What if the person that gets kicked was actually breaking clan rules. Think of your contribution as a donation to the clan leader, you gave it and you won't get it b

okay, then take the penalty, it needs to be done. now if the person was inactive for like 30 days then person can be kicked and no penalty as the account was inactive for a period of time. but honestly there is that abuse and it has happened. 

I feel bad for you but I don't think DE needs to make any changes to accommodate for clan leaders that act in this fashion. I know I've had to kick inactives in the past and having their resources drawn from the dojo would be devastating.

Until this is addressed I will not contribute to a clan nor will I join one

Clan leader power on Kicking. I was a victim of a Clan Leader gone rouge and has kicked everyone from Clan, other then himself and one other, and now the resources that were used in the clan are gone. I paid for over 5 forma 100 platinum for this clan and the leader kicked everyone. and was able to retain clan. Now I suggest that there should be a penalty to kicking people from clan and that penalty should be that they get the resources back and rooms that were created using those resources should be removed until resources are replaced. this will prevent abuse of power. likewise if someone wants to clan jump they lose any resources they put into the clan, this will prevent people from leaving if they are heavily invested. 

I am sure most people are in decent Clans with Sane people leading them, but honestly one power tripping clan leader can destroy the experience of an otherwise decent group of individuals. I didn't have a fall out with leader - apparently someone did, and it trickled down to the leader having the power to remove all but himself and his friend from the clan. like 6 or 9 people were kicked from clan. I have spoken to 3 of the people that were kicked, one of the peoples account was apparently hacked as well from all of this. 

Several support tickets were filed from other members in the clan with no positive resolution to this issue. Please Warframe if you read this implement this solution above to prevent abuse of power. thank you.

Unfortunately, this is fairly common across MMOs. 

In other games, there is a "gold" cost for promoting, and kicking/leaving. Not sure if that will work best in Warframe.

But, something does need to be done, to "punish" leavers or kicking. Either of these are pretty drastic choices, so there should be consequences that "hurt", the individual and the clan respectively.

That is, one must pay the price for choices made. 

In other games, there is a "gold" cost for promoting, and kicking/leaving. Not sure if that will work best in Warframe.

But, something does need to be done, to "punish" leavers or kicking. Either of these are pretty drastic choices, so there should be consequences that "hurt", the individual and the clan respectively.

I agree. Like you said, it will be tricky finding a balance of consequences

They could always make it so that if you want to kick someone from your clan without losing their contribution to the clan you can file a ticket to remove them from the clan without losing resources, and give evidence as to why you think they should be removed from the clan.

Should it be a reasonable reason, the support ticket would help with that, and the clan member would be removed. Not immediately, as it might take a couple days, but still.

I agree with the OP: If I weren't in a clan, I don't think I'd want to join some clan of some people I don't even know, contribute my hard-earned resources to a clan, only to risk being kicked for no reason.

Screw that.

Unfortunately,  I was the one who's account was hacked into.  The hacker sold everything and spent my 2 mil in credits.  According to support this person sold everything.  Warframe was able to give me back what was sold. I did not get my 2 mil back in creidts and I got shade back unranked.  The Master of our clan kicked everyone out of the clan without anyone's knowlege except one person. Warframe has allow this hacker to keep the Dojo.  Every member of the clan has contribute their resources and has lost their resources.  Something has to be done about this Clan Leader Power.  Members do pay for platinum and ...in one second one person takes it all???  Changes should be made and has to be made.  This is ridiculous!!!  My suggestion to anyone...do not contribute any resources to any clan until this issue of Clan leader power is addressed by Warframe.  This is unacceptable. 

IMO, Warframe needs higher security too.

When it is released, especially as a F2P game, more hackers will enter and we're going to start seeing more hacked accounts.

Other games are using Authenticator Keychains; I wish Warframe would do the same.

I'd gladly pay $6 for an optional Keychain Dongle if it means protecting my $250 investment.

IMO, Warframe needs higher security too.

When it is released, especially as a F2P game, more hackers will enter and we're going to start seeing more hacked accounts.

Other games are using Authenticator Keychains; I wish Warframe would do the same.

I'd gladly pay $6 for an optional Keychain Dongle if it means protecting my $250 investment.

Aye, that would solve the issues with hacking. Two-step authentication is the norm nowadays.

However, "scamming", "tricking", "account sharing", or "rage-kicking", can't be avoided, merely mitigated.

Hence the need for a "cost" across

1) Invites,

2) Promotions

3) Kicking

4) Leaving

The punishment really needs to hurt. While that may not stamp it out, it will severely limit the frequency imo.

I agree with this.

OP, tho I don't agree with your view on the subject, I do think kicking a person should be a little harder. I know in my clan we haven't kicked a single person from the clan branch, and the clan as a whole has only had one person kicked, but it wasn't because the clan leader went rouge and kicking everyone. Tho I do think that in order for a clan member to be kicked out of the clan, there must be at least 2 or more votes to kick.

BUT, this won't solve the problem with random clan leaders and friends kicking everyone else out of the clan, you still have people like that out there who are complete A holes who will do that. But don't go grouping every clan in with that one.  

But if there is one thing I do believe, if you feel that you was wronged, report the player/clan leader.

I feel bad for you but I don't think DE needs to make any changes to accommodate for clan leaders that act in this fashion. I know I've had to kick inactives in the past and having their resources drawn from the dojo would be devastating.

I agree, on the that, and from what I learned from this incident is that an inactive account according to DE is 30 days, -- now if the Clan leader was to not log in in 30 days they would have given it to the 2nd in charge. -- So they do have an inactivity feature that can be implemented. Therefore the Powers of the Clan Warlord can and should be addressed and a safety feature to ensure a positive Clan experience would benefit not only the player but also the Clan. 

I forgot the Name of the clan -- but there was a lot of stuff going on, that I did not know about, and next thing you know the Clan leader kicked all but himself and one other, and gets to keep the Clan to himself. several tickets filed regarding this with no resolution. Like I said I am sure most leaders are sane individuals, however this guy appeared to be sane but ended up abusing the authority DE gives the Clan leaders. I am sure an oversight of DE, but this is a clear message that should be addressed in a Brain Storming session. 

Edited by buckbullstallion

This is a quite a horror story. I guess I have yet another reason to not join a clan with a bunch of people I don't know just for the sake of doing so. Hopefully the U9 Clan changes will remove the punishment for doing so. This definitely happens in a lot of other larger MMOs, it's happened to some of my friends. Sometimes people go nuts and you can't really do much about that besides damage control.

Edited by Brosagi

Thank you Trasha.  I am still trying to work with Warframe for a reasonable solution.  We will keep you in mind.  Brosagi and anyone else who has not joined a clan yet...Do not join nor contribute your resources unless Warframe addresses this issue.  No one should have this kind of power. (ONE TAKES ALL).  It is not fair to any one. Warframe should and must address this issue immediately.  We are talking about people's hard earned money not monopoly money.

Thank you Trasha.  I am still trying to work with Warframe for a reasonable solution.  We will keep you in mind.  Brosagi and anyone else who has not joined a clan yet...Do not join nor contribute your resources unless Warframe addresses this issue.  No one should have this kind of power. (ONE TAKES ALL).  It is not fair to any one. Warframe should and must address this issue immediately.  We are talking about people's hard earned money not monopoly money.

Or you could, you know, actually play with the people in your clan for a few weeks before you donate forma. Resources aren't valuable by any stretch so telling people not to donate is pretty silly. You choose where to invest your money, no one else. If you make a poor investment then bad things might happen. No, it's not cool that this guy kicked you all after you donated forma. Yes, it is partially your fault for donating forma without having a real connection with your GM.

it needs to be done.

BS. If you act like ego man and go on and say: You either keep me in the clan or if you kick me, you have to re-build your entire dojo cause I invested

stuff in every room. This is giving bad people all over the community the ability to freely act like they want cause they have a hostage: your dojo.

Something like this should never ever happen. You want this cause it happened to you but you fail to see the overall picture of this and the consequenses. Just NO....

Excitonex, thanks for your post.  As a matter of fact the GM was a guy whom I game with since 1999.  We played CoD4, MW2, BF3 we go a long way back as far as gaming buddies.  I would of never thought he would of did something like this.  Not only did he take my stuff but everyone else's. I just didn't know him for a few weeks.  I knew him for years.  Goes to show how people change and it goes to show... it should not be ONE TAKES ALL!!!

Thank You

Excitonex, thanks for your post.  As a matter of fact the GM was a guy whom I game with since 1999.  We played CoD4, MW2, BF3 we go a long way back as far as gaming buddies.  I would of never thought he would of did something like this.  Not only did he take my stuff but everyone else's. I just didn't know him for a few weeks.  I knew him for years.  Goes to show how people change and it goes to show... it should not be ONE TAKES ALL!!!

Thank You

Then you can definitely agree that this is an outlier. You don't punish the group for the actions of a few. Apparently you did not know this fellow as well as you should have after years of playing games together. I find it hard to believe he would kick all of you after years of being friends with no reasons for doing so.

Make a better informed decision on who your clan leader is and what you're signing up to join.

These things happen in every single game.

In fact, it happened to me and ruined a Top 5 clan in the game we played (Which had over 100k+ active players at the time).

After that experience, I decided to start my own clan, continuing all that the clan stood for, but with me as the leader making sure it never happens to me or anyone that joins my clan again.

Been running it for almost (if not?) 2 years now and couldn't be happier.

What happened to you is not the games fault or how it works. It's your leaders fault and it can happen in every single MMO.

There's no way there were no signs that your clan leader could do this, I've been around many people like that and I always knew who I could and could not trust just by how they act.

If the clan leader acted like a $&*^ (Even if its just at times, that more than enough to show who you actually are), hes probably a $&*^. Leave and go somewhere with better leadership, because a clan only survives as much as the leader puts effort into it.

Thank You

That's only one side of the story. Nobody here can say who was right or wrong until they hear both.

Who says you're not hiding something from us?

Because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Edited by Bboy500

Bboy500  Your right there are always two sides to a story.   But, all that does not matter.  No one and I mean no one has a right to hack an account and do as they please with it. Especially when it's not their account.  So, what you are saying is... it's OK for someone to go into some one's account if something happened between them?  Doesn't matter whether it was a fall out, argument.  Whatever the case my be. I'm glad I'm not in your clan!!!  Let's get back to the subject at hand... The subject here is security measures must be implemented to make sure the DM does not have all the power to keep it all. It is not fair to anyone.   Security, Security, Security!!!  Warframe has to address this issue.  Have yourself and good day Bboy.

Edited by noudidnot

I would have never thought this would have been an issue, until it Happened. Now that It has happened and not just to me, to BASICALLY the whole clan except for 2. if you want the Name of the POS that did this he goes by the name xpoopoox and the clan has been listed. so please if you do read this thread and you are approached by this "THIEF". be careful if you do get a clan invite by this guy. this is a warning. You may have been in your clan for 2 months, may have been gaming with a person for years, but still may not know them.