Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 step towards diablo 3 rp junk...

Trancemaster

Hello there i am here to adress my concern about the new BOSS INTRO cinematics that are poping up after the patch.

Lets start with saying i have never been any big fan of RP or Lore but that should not get in out way to make this topic where i can have my voice heard.

I like this game because its quite uniq and offers decent gameplay along side plenty of farming and grinding. And that you never have your gameplay interrupted by NPC rp conversations or cutscenes.

But now it starts to get that Diablo 3 Forced RP feeling where the game shoves it down your throat.

It does not matter if we spam the space bar all we do is remove the cinematic but you still get the conversation and are stuck until the "thing" is done.

My first reaction was that "sure i can have a boss intro this one time" but i did not figure you would get it every single freaking run!

Atlest give us a option to turn on or off the RP and Cutscene (not talking about mission intro)

so right now i have some serial goosebumps and i really hope this S#&$ will go away!

Edited by Trancemaster

If you want a game without a plot, go play Angry Birds or something. Expect more plot, more lore, more story, more world building to be added as things go on. The devs are creating a game universe they've wanted to do for half a decade and they're going to flesh it out all they like.

If you want a game without a plot, go play Angry Birds or something. Expect more plot, more lore, more story, more world building to be added as things go on. The devs are creating a game universe they've wanted to do for half a decade and they're going to flesh it out all they like.

i am not saying that we should have 0 lore etc in the game but give the players the options. rather then shove it down your throat.

so i think you missed my intention.

and runing boss missions have high profit because thay always drop mods. but then again bosses also drops bluepoints so why should we be forced to listen to a NPC.

when all we want is to just get it over with? no human on this earth should find it intresting to listen to the same npc 50 times each day with the same crapy cutscene

and thats exactly why i am saying that this nice game is taking 1 more step towards a failure =(

Edited by Trancemaster

i am not saying that we should have 0 lore etc in the game but give the players the options. rather then shove it down your throat.

so i think you missed my intention.

and runing boss missions have high profit because thay always drop mods. but then again bosses also drops bluepoints so why should we be forced to listen to a NPC.

when all we want is to just get it over with? no human on this earth should find it intresting to listen to the same npc 50 times each day with the same crapy cutscene

and thats exactly why i am saying that this nice game is taking 1 more step towards a failure =(

Your being over dramatic in your last sentence. Edited by Bluefox

You... Really don't understand what RP is.

You can already skip cutscenes, and RP isn't even a part of the game.

You have literally zero argument here.

-1 to whatever you think your point is, feel free to try to explain it in a more coherent manner.

I may end up agreeing with you if you raise a valid or logical argument.

I haven't run into this yet, unless the scene is horrifically long, it doesn't sound like a big deal to me. More lore is a plus in my book. Plus, it is something unique this game can offer that a PvP only game can't. That said, I can totally understand not wanting to see the same cutscene over and over, still, if you're in co-op mode you'll have to wait until everyone is done so unless everyone skips you'll be stuck either way.

*FACEPALM*

boos cut scenes will only disrupt game's flow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's next? bosses explaining in cheezy-anime-style-emotions to warframes why they are doing the stuff they are doing?

nobody cares !!!!!!!!

warframes are not there to think and decide, they are there only to do job as quicky as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cut scenes and dialogs are exactly why I never liked Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dead Space etc.

when I see cutsceens there I just say: GTFO !

Edited by Strac_CRO

"Ember I love you, but Mag is much Hawter" Cried Ash, full of passion.

*Trinity walks by*

Ash says "We'll bang, okay?"

Yeah I can totally see that happening in warframe...

*And then Nyx walked in and turned Ash's brain into goo.*

"You cheating bastard!"

also more on topic: Skip the scene if you don't like it. Nothing more to say on this.

Edited by Liandra

Hang on, wtf is RP? Roleplay?

Anyways, this is silly. This game is barren of depth in terms of lore at the moment. You need to have something to give things character, background and context. What you are complaining is basically, when you go watch an action movie, instead of wanting to know why they are fighting on this location, and why they are fighting, you just want to see explosions. Just like a movie, you can skip the scenes you are not interested in, and get to the explosions.