Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 step towards diablo 3 rp junk...

Trancemaster

Wow, well I was actually hoping for boss cutscenes, because it makes a lot of sense. Especially Jackal with his fancy personal elevator room. Something we definitely needed for the sake of immersion, rather than just seeing some large grineer dude running at you with a sword, being informed that it is the assassination target (duh).

*FACEPALM*

boos cut scenes will only disrupt game's flow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's next? bosses explaining in cheezy-anime-style-emotions to warframes why they are doing the stuff they are doing?

nobody cares !!!!!!!!

warframes are not there to think and decide, they are there only to do job as quicky as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cut scenes and dialogs are exactly why I never liked Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dead Space etc.

when I see cutsceens there I just say: GTFO !

WELL WHERE DO I START WITH THIS LASANGA

This obviously isn't the game for you then.

It's clearly seen that people like their lore, personally, I enjoyed the cutscenes, and if I only have to take a couple of seconds out of my time to watch a pretty well done cutscene, then that's fine with me. It'd be nice if there was a way to skip it, but not for everyone. I want to watch my cutscenes, I don't mind at all.

It seems pretty rash to go out and say "GIT RID UFF KUTSEEN NOW!!!!!!1!1!!" you're not giving a single reasonable excuse other than, "I'm impatient and I want to make things dead"

That seems like I'm putting it pretty straightforward, but that's honestly, all I can wring from that poorly structured argument. You have an obvious dislike of the cutscene, but you should respect the fact that not everyone feels the same way, your opinion is only that.

People like a story told when they play their games, if you want a S#&$ty action-heavy story, go back to CoD

cut scenes and dialogs are exactly why I never liked Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dead Space etc.

Dead Space. Silent protagonist, never says a single word, ever. Dialogue in game does not stop you from walking or doing anything. You can even run away from. Legit example. Gears of War. Brrrrrrrrrrrrt. Brrrrrrrrrrrrt. Chesthigh walls. Brrrrrrt. Cover until the ouwie goes away. This is now roleplaying. Legit example. Mass Effect. A game series lauded for it's dialogue, roleplaying, character choices and decisions. Despised by Strac for it's core elements. Conclusion: Bad game.

You are a smart person.

Apparently he should stick to games like Tetris, so hes not interupted with any story whatsoever.

In a game like this, there is a significant enough number of people who would like to know why they are fighting these different factions and bosses and would like to see more lore and story details added. It's not like they are going to add dialogue trees and romance options anywhere, its just not that type of game even though you think any hint of a story leads to that.

Apparently he should stick to games like Tetris, so hes not interupted with any story whatsoever.

In a game like this, there is a significant enough number of people who would like to know why they are fighting these different factions and bosses and would like to see more lore and story details added. It's not like they are going to add dialogue trees and romance options anywhere, its just not that type of game even though you think any hint of a story leads to that.

in Battlefield series - multiplayer (BFP4F, BFBC2, BF3) there is no "deep stories and cut scenes", there is no time for it and non stop fast pace action with jets/choppers/tanks/infantry is amazing.

btw. what happens if cut scenes if you are still surrounded with standard enemie units?

They all stop and watch together with warframes boss's emerge and speech?

Edited by Strac_CRO

Yes.

And Strac, most of those Battlefield titles have a singleplayer with all the story in it. I happened to love BFBC2 SP for its much more engaging story and characters over the CoD fodder that kept getting thrown at us with its 'super srs' nature. However, 'Multiplayer FPS' this is not, never will be, nor comparable whatsoever in game genre.

Left 4 Dead series - coop multi, plot

Aliens: Colonial Marines - coop multi, plot (or so they say in trailers)

Orcs Must Die 2- coop multi, plot

Borderlands series - coop multi, plot AND cutscenes introducing bosses

Damn, even assault mod of Unreal Tournament has some short cutscenes.

With cutssceens and story they might turn this into Mass Effect game type.

Now each warfram will have it stories, love affairs, doubts?

This big important boss guy who is going to force you to spend the next five minutes killing him gets a 5 second cutscene = "Mass Effect"?

Really. This is such an onerous burden.

Also "an action game might have a STORY aaaaaaa"

Man did you stop playing videogames after Quake or something?

So this guy is the reason i had to sufer decades of silent protagonists in video games?

Yes. Also, I will add this here, Strac doesn't like all this roleplaying here, and cutscenes take away from the fast-paced action, but larger mammaries on Nyx would be cool. You know. Just so you know what the level is here.

big boobs would be nice

Man did you stop playing videogames after Quake or something?

It's funny because that is exactly what one of my buddies said when he read the thread. "He should go back and play ... Quake."

Yes.

And Strac, most of those Battlefield titles have a singleplayer with all the story in it. I happened to love BFBC2 SP for its much more engaging story and characters over the CoD fodder that kept getting thrown at us with its 'super srs' nature. However, 'Multiplayer FPS' this is not, never will be, nor comparable whatsoever in game genre.

Yes.

I finished singleplayer in BFBC2 and BF3 without looking any cutscenes and reading stories. It's always the same. Someone stole portable nuke. Good guys at the end might be bad guys and so on, bla bla bla, always the same thing. Singleplaer is there only for practice and getting ready for multiplayer.

I can live with story in WARFRAME (I just won't pay attention to it) but getting game pace disconectet just because boss has simething to say in cutscenes (about which nobody cares) is not for me.

Of course I'll continue to play because of it's good "feel" of combat (brutal uncompromising space-cyborg ninjas).

edit:

I never like QUAKE (I despise it), World of warcraft, Unreal etc. I'm more of BF series, Americas Army, MotoGP 07 (onboard full sim), Lock On: Modern Air Combat person. Just give me the objective and GTFO.

But the only game I really like playing with watching all dialogs and cutscenes (cutsceens were intro and outro so they weren't actually cutscenes) was DEUS EX from 1998.

Edited by Strac_CRO

You are seemingly an over-entitled person with limited mental horizon, if I may be so bold. I actually don't care if I may. The story of BF:BC2 was hilarious as balls (and nothing like you just described). Did you watch Terminator and fast-forwarded to the fight scenes, skipped the rest, too? Do you ... read? Books, I mean?

Singleplayer isn't just practice of multiplayer. It's a story. Content tourism. Immersion. Playing your role in a movie around you

*FACEPALM*

boos cut scenes will only disrupt game's flow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's next? bosses explaining in cheezy-anime-style-emotions to warframes why they are doing the stuff they are doing?

nobody cares !!!!!!!!

warframes are not there to think and decide, they are there only to do job as quicky as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when I see cutsceens there I just say: GTFO !

Just.... wow.

there was a vote by the masters and grandmaster.... guess what was 2nd highest voted only 1 vote behind the 1st choice (new mission types)....

LORE & STORY sure people who dont want to throw to much cash at this game might want to just mash E next to big dude to farm mats, but people who have cash obviously voted to have cutscenes and to understand what the hell where doing on this station in the first place and why the hell where trying to kill these guys...

so as a guy who paid a a rather large sum of money towards the game im rather glad there adding a bit of story and lore and cutscenes.... the option to skip "space bar" is already present if they where to add the ability for it to skip the single boss that is causing the issue im sure this thread would never of exsisted as completely pointless and doomsaying as it is.

Edited by STARSBarry

noob, thread title is about "BOSS INTRO cinematics".

I don't care about the story/SF fiction and why are they all fighting if I'm not forced to read dialogs during the game explaining "the story"

I seriously think this guy has the attention span of a rock. This games being heavily influenced by the community in its development, and the majority of the community like more story/lore in their games. If you want wanton violence and unexplicable battles with the bare minimum of explanation, you've picked the wrong game buddy. The option is there to skip scenes and lore, why is it such a big deal to you that it's even there for other players to enjoy?